The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think either one could be used to demonstrate eligibility for "aid" if incapacitation or impairedness due to causes other than physical injury could be considered. At least one of the individuals who spoke is more than capable of continuing to make a positive and useful contribution to the group; however out of left field the remarks in the second "address" were, nothing is to be gained from responding to them or even dwelling on them for long (other than for purposes of entertainment, which could be substantial, if one has a sufficient sense of humor).

Let's all keep a good sense of humor, and move on!

Mary, you are so right about moving on, but, HUH,WHAT'D YA SAY????!!!

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose."
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

In my opinion, when the new president [Jimmy] takes office, all he needs to do is take the bull by the horns and lead our orgaization. With the group of people we have and from the looks of things, new active members, the L.I. PHA will be more then fine! New ideas are already being put on the table for generating money and the horse show. To all who lurk and are not members- how about showing your support to Jimmy and make all of our jobs easier by joining and being active!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Next meeting is Dec. 3rd!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Saw some new faces at the last meeting and that was really great. Actually I heard one attended via telephone!!!!! lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gold Dust:
    Actually I heard one attended via telephone!!!!! lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You know, there is a thing called the WEB CAST...LIPHA can break new grounds. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

Just the thought of our meetings for the whole www. world to see is way too funny!

Speaking of the internet: What do you guys think of doing some advertisments on the LIHSAA website? It would be a great way for it to hold its own and then some. Besides barns and trainers, do you think it would generate money from local buisness people involved in horses?
    Stevie Nicks

All on the LIHSAA board do not forget-meeting this monday!!
    Stevie Nicks

Well Well Well, Deb if you can only get yourself on a schedule with food shopping like you are with the LI meetings, you wouldnt have to get take out as much!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

<<Speaking of the internet: What do you guys think of doing some advertisments on the LIHSAA website? It would be a great way for it to hold its own and then some. Besides barns and trainers, do you think it would generate money from local buisness people involved in horses?>>

This is a no-brainer! Of course it would be a terrific idea, and should pave the way for the site to be financially self sustaining! First things first...a webmaster with the time and the inclination to do the job properly.

IT is a great idea!!!
    Brilyntrip

Is there any way to find out what point standings are? I keep checking and there have been no results in my division from any shows after May.

I've also emailed the webmaster a couple of times over the course of the year with questions and have never recieved a reply.

I'm staying optimistic that it'll all get updated eventually, but I was just curious if there were any alternative avenues for getting the information.

Thanks!

First-to deleyer: I look at it this way,the more meetings we have, the less I need to cook!! lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Touchstone:
    If you go back into any L.I. thread here,the main complaint is the updates to the website so you are not alone. Hopefully after the meeting this eveing the LIHSAA board will have good news to report. Next year things WILL be different. Trust me on that one. Everyone is trying to get the update but to no avail.

Sorry Michael, it is the end of the year and this will be the topic of conversation. No one expected a daily update but at least one a month would have been nice. We would of been glad to help if you needed it. I know this whole update thing must seem like a broken record to some but, oh well, reality check!
    Stevie Nicks

Unfortunately there is no alternative to the LIHSAA website.This whole situation is simply ridiculous.
    Brilyntrip

I honestly can not believe that Michael has not updated this website. It is so unfair to everyone who has been competing all year and have worked so hard with there accomplishments they recieved along the way throughout the year, to keep them waiting to see where they are in the standings. At last weeks meeting Laura Reed mentioned that she was in contact with Michael and he promised to get it updated in a few days, well I think he should of told her what he meant to say is that he would get to it in a couple of weeks,, Hey whats a couple of weeks when you have been waiting all year!!!!!!! Just UNFAIR!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Is Michael McCarthy the only person who has a clue what the point standings are? Isn't there some other way to do this, with two shows left I guess there is not much anyone can do to alter their positions, but maybe someone in the lihsaa should think about jumping in and recreating them.

I hate to say it, but he is so remiss in his duties, how do we know they are going to be accurate-we are currently missing five months.

I think the raffle idea is great - if Debbie aims me in the right direction I'll do it. Also think ads on the web site would help = when we get a worable wweb site. We spoke a long time ago about sponsors for LIHSAA divisions and there is a person who would like to sponsor a division, so lets do it.
    I also think if we get organized and run a GOOD show, we can make money there. It might take a year to improve our image but it can be done. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I'ld be happy to volunteer my time and html skills in exchange for a little advertising on the lihsaa site.
    You can see my own site at www.upeikanstudios.com and I've done sites for several other people including www.gcbexteriors.com and http://www.members.tripod.com/tinytack/
    Just drop me a line.

Hey, Claire!!!

Glad you have joined us!! We can use all the help we can get with that website!! Although you have no idea what you're getting yourself into!!

As to the meeting last night-
    All the specs were gone over and tweeked a bit, in the hopes that some of the divisions will gain interest if the specs were loosened up.

As it stands right now, it sounds like Michael will not be doing the points next year but may give us the website. There are 2 candidates for the points and we are hoping to combine their efforts to keep things flowing and easier on the 2 of them.

As for this year's points, Laura has assured us that Michael is catching up and will get her a list of winners so she can get out the invitations for the dinner. Whether they ever get posted, I can't say.

So let's stop beating that topic to a pulp and put our energies toward improving the PHA show, and horse shows on LI in general. Your ideas will be the key.

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose."
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

Here here Janet! After the meeting last night it is clear we are moving towards the better and I myself look forward to the 2002 competition year. The updated LIHSAA rules and specs will be going to the printer soon and copies will be made for all to have. I will try to always have copies with me all the time to hand out at the shows!

Now-I am going in to shut down mode on everythig else and focus on the dinner dance. All other issues are in gear so we need to zone in on the dance since it is only a month and a half away! First off- don't forget those pictures people. Mary O'Conner has been nice enough to take on that task. I know she has already recieved some so let's keep them coming.[Thanks Mary] Anyone here who lurks and has a riding shop, look out!!!LOL. One of us from the comittee will be hitting you up soon for a donation! You have been great all these past years and I would like to thank you all again for your support.[Judy and Debbie and Barry- I shall see you next week!!lol
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I am also liking a 50/50 raffle thing- $5.00 $10.00 or $20.00 per person[this is where I need you BBs for input] and if 3oo people attend-do the math people. One lucky person and the PHA would do great on that.We need some volunteers to handle the selling of raffle tickets. Any takers yet besides Mrs. Rice? She cann't do it alone people. The more people that could help during the cocktail hour, then we could go and enjoy the rest of the evening!!!
    Feedback..................
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

Does the LIPHA have an existing email group? If not, you can start one at a search engine, such as Yahoo!Groups. If most or many of the members have access to email, they can receive exclusive updates and announcements via email -- like the standings, any news items or meeting notices. And once the website is up to speed, you could send out email notices about "What's New" on the site, with appropriate links. It could be set up so that only one person can post information or it could be an open forum, for discussion among LIPHA members only.
    If you haven't already collected email addresses, you could simply ask LIers who post here, to send them to whoever starts the group. You'd probably have to manually screen out people who are not card-carrying, paid LIPHA members.
    Just a thought as an interim or ongoing solution.
    Congrats to Jimmy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-------------------------
    "You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm."
    --Colette
    Act Silly! Sing Loud! Create!