The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

And would someone please post the Rocketman photo?! I don't remember seeing it.

Lorree

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom
    "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

Me too, of course!

Lisamarie, can you email me please? The email in your profile doesn't work.

Synergystik, look on the first page or two of the Cactuskate thread. Tin and I both posted links to her original thread where she broke the news she had cancer, and posted the photos.

(Actually that thread was bumped up, too... it's the "Absent BBer checks in" thread.)

Count me in!
    ~* Be kind to one another *~

Thanks Erin! I found it.

Lorree

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom
    "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

Count me in. Great idea, Heidi. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money." Sen. Everett Dirksen
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I would like to contribute as well...will be awaiting further details.

I would like to add as well that Art Director/Graphic Designer extrondinaire Mr. Jrmasm would be happy to donate his services as well if needed.

As Miss Maam says "Mommy isn't always a pain in the a**"
    As Miss Maam says \"Mommy isn\'t always a pain in the a**\"

Perhaps if we have enough money to do a full page ad, we could do a half page add instead, and use the rest of the money towards a theraputic riding program, or a cancer center?? Just an idea......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!!!!
    OMG OMG ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nickelodian:
    Perhaps if we have enough money to do a full page ad, we could do a half page add instead, and use the rest of the money towards a theraputic riding program, or a cancer center?? Just an idea......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!!!!
    OMG OMG ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a great idea!!!

**BARB***

House hunting on Long Island....we're looking at cardboard boxes..since that's all we can afford in a nice area....
    **BARB***

~Santa Barbara County~ CA Clique, Vertically Gifted Clique & AAAA Clique

Count me IN!

Since I don't get COTH could someone post the ad after is is published so I could see it?

Bowed tendon: 83 days down, minimum 7 days to go.

I can't contribute a lot, but would like to be a part of memorializing a person who has shown us all true grace, courage and a love of horses.

I think the 1/2 donation to a charity is a great idea! Maybe one of the charities that supports humans and animal cancers, I think the dog walk for cancer does this (would Cactuskate have liked that?)
    www.sandbarequinetransport.com

Proud member of the ILMD[FN]HP and Bull Snap Haters Cliques

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

I think using part of the money towards a contribution in Kath's honor to a charity of her choice, if she had one, or one we can agree upon, if she didn't, would be a most fitting tribute to her.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Absolutely!
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Super idea Heidi! Count me in!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quinn:
    Heidi, being a Canuck would wish you to refer to it as "cheque" please and thanks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, this raises an interesting point...not to discourage our Canadian friends, but most of the donors are going to be US and I'm sure funds must be paid to COTH in US dollars. Although this wonderful idea was Heidi's, shouldn't someone on this side of the boarder collect the funds so that the donors don't have to deal with currancy conversions sending money to Heidi and then converting it back to send to COTH?

Another possibility is to use PayPal account (thanks for the idea, dogchushu [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) where everyone could donate in whatever currancy they want and then the money could be sent to COTH from there. I have a PayPal account already (as do most eBay addicts [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]) but they are fast, secure, and free for anyone to set up so that might be the best way to collect these funds. Using PayPal would also enable donors to use credit cards (or checks or bank transfers) and might reduce the time for getting all this done.

Just some random thoughts...

=^+^=

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Another "count me in and let me know where to send the check".

The Panchen Lama of DQs! (Second only to Velvet, the undisputed Dalai Lama of DQs.)

Serendipity, Heidi just emailed me saying much the same thing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We will probably have to establish a designated fund-collector (most likely me, I guess [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) in the US.

Paypal would be a good idea, but doesn't Paypal take a cut if you get more than $100 or so in payments in a given time period? I have an account as well, but I would hate to see a chunk of people's donations taken out as an administrative fee...

Maybe we need one Canadian and one US fund-collector?

Count me in, too. Won't be much, but I'm in. Also, if there's any place for a donation of artwork of any kind, I'm for that (to compensate for how little I'm able to give in actual funds).
    \"A redhead and an appaloosa mare... heaven help us should one of you get mad...\"

I am trying to get this message to some close family friends who can help us. I will email this thread to them and see what I find out. Also, count me in on a donation.

Trish
    Chase's Mom; RIP Dezi 1/99-2/09

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
    Serendipity, Heidi just emailed me saying much the same thing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We will probably have to establish a designated fund-collector (most likely me, I guess [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) in the US.

Paypal would be a good idea, but doesn't Paypal take a cut if you get more than $100 or so in payments in a given time period? I have an account as well, but I would hate to see a chunk of people's donations taken out as an administrative fee...

Maybe we need one Canadian and one US fund-collector?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'd like to type that 'great minds think alike' but I'm not sure I can be so bold as to put myself in the same catagory as our very own uber-Canadian-goddess, Heidi!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PayPal does charge a small fee (the fee that PayPal has to pay the credit card companies to be part of the network). IMHO, it's a small price to pay for convenience and speed. So, it might be a nice option for those who don't want to deal with checks.

=^+^=

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I just haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wonderful, and so appropriate, and please count me in. Keep us posted on details.