The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Numping with Socks on, Dodgeball, Fish Tacos, Baby Quiches -- an Insider's Guide to B

This whole "numping" reference of last night got me thinking that there are may inside jokes that have resulted from funny interactions here.

Off the top of my head, I know we have Peeps. Oh, boy do we have Peeps. But I wasn't around for the arrival of Peeps. I merely propagate it.

Further into the genre of edible items, there are fish tacos, and even baby quiches. A mere reference to any of the above can send BBers into a frenzy. I am sure there are many others. I for one am really intrigued by what the baby quiches are all about.

Would anyone like to elaborate on any of the established buzzwords? Or, for any old timers, share some more that I may have omitted? It could be fun for the originators to reflect, and also good for lurkers and new people to read, if only to validate the collective insanity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I actually heard the fish taco story from hobson on a trail ride this summer and tears came to my eyes. But I am sure others could better elaborate.

Anyway, let's spill it, for the good of the order, and create a primer on BB buzzwords. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by rockstarr on Sep. 17, 2002 at 09:36 AM.]

This whole "numping" reference of last night got me thinking that there are may inside jokes that have resulted from funny interactions here.

Off the top of my head, I know we have Peeps. Oh, boy do we have Peeps. But I wasn't around for the arrival of Peeps. I merely propagate it.

Further into the genre of edible items, there are fish tacos, and even baby quiches. A mere reference to any of the above can send BBers into a frenzy. I am sure there are many others. I for one am really intrigued by what the baby quiches are all about.

Would anyone like to elaborate on any of the established buzzwords? Or, for any old timers, share some more that I may have omitted? It could be fun for the originators to reflect, and also good for lurkers and new people to read, if only to validate the collective insanity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I actually heard the fish taco story from hobson on a trail ride this summer and tears came to my eyes. But I am sure others could better elaborate.

Anyway, let's spill it, for the good of the order, and create a primer on BB buzzwords. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by rockstarr on Sep. 17, 2002 at 09:36 AM.]

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Baby quiches started in a moment of profound silliness between Jeb and I. It's on the infamous "Dog Park Etiquette" thread.

Of course, the "rest of the story" is that there were several long gone and VERY contentious threads going on that left the Gore v. Bush thread in the dirt (mud?) for sheer mudslinging. I'm not sure who, but someone came up with the completely off-the-subject discussion of baby quiches on one of those threads, and a few of us who were just a little sick of said thread leaped right on in, thereby defusing said thread with silliness...

And so a tradition was born. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But the funniest thing of all was that I heard (and this is merely hearsay) that the person who was the subject of the aforementioned threads came to believe that "baby quiches" was code for a reference to said person. I had to giggle at the thought of such self importance. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Naturally, The Horror That Peeps Endure was a natural extension of the Plight of the Baby Quiches... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dog Park Etiquette or the Birth of a Quiche

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein (1878-1955)

[This message was edited by DMK on Sep. 12, 2002 at 11:30 AM.]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Ear bunnies..... tack nosebands...

NAWs
    ___ Princesses of any kind. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

VA Horse Trainer!!!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Well, there's the "Inverness Problem"......sorry, someone was going to mention it eventually. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'- A Cowboy's Guide to Life
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

Here was little old me, a random lurker, too scared to actually bite the bullet and post ...

and then VA Horse Trainer scared me into lurkerdom for another year!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Quarter Horse Show Mafia and Octopopuss.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."--Homer
    FairWeather
    CANTER West Virginia

I suppose tack nosebands and VA horse trainer might need an explanation...

A certain BB'er (hereinafter referred to as She Who Was Banned But Came Back or SWWBBCB) had an alter and posted a thread that was so obviously designed to cause trouble (and Lord Knows, we LOVE trouble). Naturally, another poster, sort of famous for her gullibility (and opinions) in this area, took the bait with all the finesse of a starving shark.... And chaos ensued. That was truly our finest moment in Alterdom. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Of course my deep dark secret is that I know exactly which other BBer encouraged, nay, practically dared SWWBBCB to post that thread. But my lips are sealed. For a price... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I was around for the Peeps and their plight...LOL I'm still dying to try Chicky Pippy cake. Never fully understood the "fish taco" thing (I really missed the boat there) I no longer call ear stuffings "pom poms"...they are most certainly "ear bunnies". GM stands for George H Morris...not General Motors. I remember WAY back and know what "the porch" refers to, and who is priviledged enough to sit on it....Chippendales also fall into that category. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] And a few of us here actually know what the Group W bench is! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] SUZ

Proud member of the following:
    *Rust TS Clique*SC'ers Clique*EBayers Anon Clique*Group W Bench Clique*Do It Yourself Clique*
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

We all have lots of loff in our hearts and all the peeps here (I loff them) really are the greatest.

But the newest one that I saw recently was "Approved Helmet Nazis," which I do hope will go away because that's really a horrid thing to say.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

L&O Ho - lossa peeps here call ourselves that.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I sincerely hope that my little "numping" incident does not become a BB buzzword!

(But in case your were wondering, when numping, the correct release is key. Mr Hobson declines comment.)

Is it where cranky people like me sit, looking down upon whipper-snappers and yammering on about "in my day, we had to (blah, blah, blah) ... "

I'm so fine with that, if that's the case. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Am I right?

ah, hobson... but is the loooong release superior to the short or auto release when numping, and will Mr. Hobson comment on that?

too late on the BB jargon issue, I'm thinkin'...

We could, say, be on the porch with the blender and the margaritas and the peeps and nachos and fish tacos (put Merry on the opposite side of the porch, she thinks friends don't let friends eat fish tacos).
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Erin will be herding the cats in from the back 40, too many of us will make smutty comments about Joe Perry, a few will point and giggle at rust breeches while the others give a big hurray in their honor, the really brave will be wearing their brown field boots, we'll wax lyrical about releases, and Willem will watch the whole thing from the corral, shaking his head in disbelief and saying "Mein Gott."
    EDDIE WOULD GO

People for the ethical treatment of fromage! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

in the struggle for Vincent... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]