The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FRVPC Horse Trials (Barrington): Who's going?

Maybe more accurately, "Who's already there?" I'll be there watching tomorrow's XC with my husband and son (4 months). Just look for the bright red stroller (or more likely the blond baby in the Bjorn). We're horseless for the time being, but I'll be living vicariously through those of you riding. Give us some names to root for!

I'll be there! We're hauling over tonight. Nora Endzel and Daddy's Girl in NR-A, cross country at 11:21 saturday and can always use a few extra cheers!

Go Nora and Nila!!! I will be there to watch a number of friends go XC. Got to check ride times to see when to get there. Wishing everyone good luck and safe rides. Nora, if you hear a really loud whistle, that will be me. :-)

Way to go Nora! First place after dressage with a 28.0 and clean cross country!

Good job, Nora! We were parked at the Water from Novice A through all of Prelim. Saw some great riding. What a lovely job by riders and volunteers!

Can't wait to get back in the tack!

My sis's pony is there doing his first Novice, currently in 3rd after XC

Go Elvis the King

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan View Post
    My sis's pony is there doing his first Novice, currently in 3rd after XC

Go Elvis the King
    Was he the Haflinger Paint? If so, cute pony!

Quote Originally Posted by lmlacross View Post
    Was he the Haflinger Paint? If so, cute pony!

Yes! he is a cutie pie (proud auntie)

Where can I find results??

Quote Originally Posted by goodymar1188 View Post
    Where can I find results??
    Results posted under Live Scores at Event Entries ~
    http://www.evententries.com/
    Inese

We had a fantastic weekend, bringing home the blue in Novice Horse! Huge kudos to the event staff and volunteers, everything ran smoothly and they worked so hard on the XC footing. There was someone on the tractor with aerovator ALL day on Friday. The tracks were noticeably better for Saturday and it was just wonderful that they made the extra effort. There was also great shuttle service to XC and parking courtesy of the Pony Club dads

I liked the SJ courses better this year as well, although I found the XC a little softer than in years past. The FEI divisions were fun to watch and most had great rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Carried Away View Post
    We had a fantastic weekend, bringing home the blue in Novice Horse! Huge kudos to the event staff and volunteers, everything ran smoothly and they worked so hard on the XC footing. There was someone on the tractor with aerovator ALL day on Friday. The tracks were noticeably better for Saturday and it was just wonderful that they made the extra effort. There was also great shuttle service to XC and parking courtesy of the Pony Club dads

I liked the SJ courses better this year as well, although I found the XC a little softer than in years past. The FEI divisions were fun to watch and most had great rides.

Congrats!! You had an awesome dressage score!

Ditto everything Carried Away said. Great footing, friendly and helpful volunteers, the event ran like clockwork, and the shuttles to and from xc were fantastic! I walked the twisty-turny course 4 times so I really appreciated the rides back and forth. This was my time running this event, even though it's in my "backyard" and I had a GREAT time! It helps that I had so much support from family and friends, there's nothing like the feeling of splashing through the water jump with cheers and whistles following you!

I decided to learn how to use the video camera we were gifted this past Christmas at Barrington this weekend. With apologies for the gratuitous pictures of my husband and son, here are a few novice stills and three or four CIC/CCI* rides through the water complex. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVviN...&feature=share

I was there as part of the Pony Club Eventing Rally! I had riders in Training Horse, Training Rider, Novice Rider, and BN-Rider. Lovely show!

lmlacross great video! In the first part you've got a shot of my friend Jenna and her mom Julie going to watch us ride XC, and the first Novice still show is my friend Christina Kelly and Vindictive Villain. Great video!

Smile Photographer

Does anyone know who the photographer was? It was great to see RNS back in the area!

Photographer was Equipix, anxiously awaiting proofs to go online! I agree about RNS, they do a great job!