The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

one week until i can ride. i have been off for five weeks while my shoulder heals. i actually thought it was all better now but last night i was half asleep and i put it behind my head funny and it suddenly hurt SO BAD. i then flailed around trying to get it out from under my head, and that hurt too. i was sitting there moaning in the dark, half asleep too, and rubbing my arm, for 5 or 10 minutes.

Comon juniors! We will rule the boards one day....Or maybe we'll even get our own board?
    hint hint
    Does anyone do any other sports besides riding? It was SO cold today! I stayed to watch a baseball game, and it was like freeeeezing!

Any how many juniors have cell phones? How old were you when you got yours?
    ttyl

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*~Kris~*
    "True madness can only be achieved through a state of complete sanity"
    -----
    This is not a true story
    -----

Spaz, dahling, my email is working now:

pmck14lclm@hotmail.com

Who all here does the big eq. Anyone got tips for tests, etc???

Pony Person
    \"Don\'t succumb to what is predictably yours\"-David Cale from \"Deep in a Dream of You\"

\"How do you soar if you\'re nailed to the floor?\"-from Johnathan Larson\'s Tick Tick Boom

WHAT DID I MISS?!?! WHAT DID I MISS?!?!

I read the first two posts of this thread when I was about the fall asleep the other night, and then I just abandoned it until now when I come back and there's a full out juniors clique. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So, what IS the juniors clique? Can I join? Is it safe? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] (PS Ponyperson: If I weren't 16, you'd be mine ... muhahahaha).

Well anyone, I'm confuzzled. Someone care to enlighten me on what this particular clique is all about? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Will it take over UJUMP? Regalmeans, should I worry?

**Erin**
    My horse he saves my butt a lot. Therefore, I kiss his.

It can be UJUMPC Erin B...and yes you may join. And I already called ponyperson if he were 16 LOL. But he's not, so we'll just have to keep searching.

I play softball! LOL Not that I'm any good or anything, but I still play! (I'm catcher)

I'm also in band. Yes, I am a band nerd. Laugh all you want.

Ponyperson I will email you...tonight. I am very sad because no one has been emailing me lately, so you better write me back (and make me feeled loved) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I had my first lesson in about a month today, but then realized that I still won't have a show until July!!! Oh well, it will probably take that long to get my confidence back up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] (By the way, anyone know any confidence builders for a poor rider who has fallen off 3 times in a month because her stupid horse decided he "doesn't want to jump anymore"? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] )

spaz, I had that problem last year. Try 7 times in one show season. NOT FUN! The only rememdy I found was to buy a new horse -- sorry. I had no confidence in my horse so he had no confidence in me. If i doubted him, he'd doubt me, and it would just keep spiraling and i'd keep falling off. So I bought a new horse who doesn't know the word stop and my confidence is completely back. I don't think there is a way to regain confidence when you are on a horse you don't trust. If you can't trust your horse, it's hard to trust yourself.
    What about having your trainer get on your horse for a few tune-ups to get his confidence back up, while you get on a schoolmaster or something very confident to get your confidence back up. Might want to give it a try.

Don't feel bad about band -- I'M IN A FREAKIN CHOIR!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haha, I'm in choir, our "spring concert" is next week, I dunno any of the songs, and I dunno what my solo part is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] So confused! I played soccer last fall, and I'm doing varsity next year, it works out great, cuz they need a new goalie(their's is graduating) so I'll fit right in there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And I'm a cheerleader in the winter, but I dont know if I'll have time next year....I'm just doing track this spring to keep in shape.... Can you tell I'm post happy?
    Hay don't worry, my horse has decided not to show now! 2 weeks ago it was his mouth sores, then he went lame last Thursday, and he still is....This will be 3 weeks of not showing....Weird little horse of mine. At least I got to catchride last weekend.....
    Anyways.....
    ttyl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*~Kris~*
    "True madness can only be achieved through a state of complete sanity"
    -----
    This is not a true story
    -----

JumpTheMoon... hun... I know. But you're Canadian and I'm Floridian. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I double call. Oh grow up, ponyperson, and I mean that in the nicest of ways! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thanks... I'm proud to be a member of, er, UJUMPC. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Welcome ErinB!
    Thanks!
    Please accept this brand new customized Butet as an initiation gift!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Man... I've really gotta lay off the Pepsi. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] HEHEHE.

**Erin**
    My horse he saves my butt a lot. Therefore, I kiss his.

My trainer is doing tune-ups every so often, and I am selling him this year (unless we win the lottery, then he will be my moms horse). But I have to get him over 3' (yes, small for some, huge for my cow pony!) or else he ain't worth CRAP! And if we can't sell him for a good price, I can't get a good horse. It's a twisted circle I tell you.

Welcome ErinB!

Lay back girls, I already claimed ponyperson. Muahaha...(and yes, that email is on its way...after I finish this stupid English paper)

What! No shiny green show shirts as initiation gifts? Just BUTETS?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Spaz00! Now, about that Butet... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Lay back girls, I already claimed ponyperson. Muahaha... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spazzy-poo... Here's what I have to say...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Nah nah boo boo. (this is just impeccably timed, as my real guy just got stolen from me LAST week... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ) Don't worry Spaz and Ponyperson, I'm just kidding with y'all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

**Erin**
    Doo de doo de doo and goodnight! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ive been meaning to come visit the juniors here...
    i dont see many, my school is full of abercrombie and gap-shoppers that spend ALL their money on a pair of new shoes, a shirt, or..etc
    my horse is swollen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] over the weekend, (who knows what happened) he didnt get very good circulation to his lower legs(in back only), and they are still all swollen(been swollen since Sunday), but today i walked (bareback) for 15 minutes, and put mineral ice on his legs. i sware, his fetlocks are/were the size of a large orange(or small grapefruit). not to mention hes all swollen up through his lower cannons. well, with our little walk-ride today, he became a bit more motivated- in his stall, he would either lay down all day and occasionally get up(to eat, etc), outside in paddock he would stand. didnt put him out in pasture, but i may.
    yesterday i rode Oaf #1 and Oaf #2. Oaf #1, "Jet", is a used-to-be hunter who decided not to jump anymore, so hes a dressage horse. he layed on my arms the whole ride(kind of). Oaf #2 is just a slightly confused 6 yo 17.3+h Thoroughbred gelding. he is actually very sweet, just very difficult to ride- he requires a higher level of inteligence and a great amount of trust in your trainer. "Booper" is my instructor's horse, she asked me to ride him for her. hes a 17.3+h bay tb gelding, who is the son of seattle slew(may be some other big name, but i think its him- my TR has his oaf of a sister too). today, i rode "hocus", our 8yo morgan hunter-dressage mare. no jumping, but she was very energetic and got to watch a jumping lesson. those are the events for the week..... i spent monday icing cruz' legs, walking, doing little things.
    Got Schwung?

Kellybird, silly me. I should be getting a Butet AND a shiny green show shirt!
    And a 4 horse trailer with a dressing room, tack area, living quarters and custom colored awning!
    And 4 junior hunters to fill it!
    And 4 paid entry fees to the Lake Placid horse show!
    And a 50 acre farm in Ocala!
    And a BMW series-- whoa ok, sorry. I'll buy my own BMW. But how about the rest, huh huh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

**Erin**

ErinB - You mean your Uncle Bill hasn't spent you all that stuff yet? Pshaw...
    I am sorry to hear about your guy, I know how you feel! I have NEVER had a decent relationship!!! It is soooo not even funny. I have been used, cheated on, lied to, cheated WITH, etc etc. I have the worse luck with guys(you didn't read that ponyperson! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Spaz- Well Uncle Bill was very good to me these past few months, but word is right now that he's vacationing in Bermuda at the moment with his cell phone turned off. I can't reach him, boo hoo. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW- Well no one has worse luck than me. It's not my fault per se but the fact that I'm FREAKIN HOMESCHOOLED in the middle of nowhere and I keep my horses at home too. I have seriously lived here for nearly a year and a half (here being my new house in Nowhere, Florida) and have met like FIVE PEOPLE (my trainer, my neighbors, a couple of barn people that I never see and my trainer is currently in Pa). I GO FOR TWO MONTHS sometimes without seeing anyone but my family!!! I swear to goodness this is true. FatLilPony even knows its true since she's like my best friend but she lives 2 hours away and I never get to see her and when I do see or talk to anyone it's always her. So yeah, I haven't had a boyfriend or even a friend except FLP since I moved here. It sucks so bad I can't even say. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] I'm going crazy. I am crazy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Which explains why I post here so much.

(whoa I am sooooo sorry this shouldn't be on such a nice thread... sorry guys!)

**Erin**

[This message was edited by ErinB on Apr. 18, 2001 at 11:35 PM.]

ErinB, you need to come over here to Tejas and we will go guy shopping! And then when we get bored of them we'll just forget about them. LOL It's so fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (my friends always make fun of me because I get bored easily...)

OK well you have completely changed my mind on homeschooling. I have a friend that lives in Nowhereville too, and she went to the local church and found 2 girls her age that lived one street over. I thought that was pretty cool (of course, I'm also amused way too easily...) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

LOL Spaz, sounds good to me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Uh... I'm actually writing this to you from the airport as I wait for my plane to come in!

Yeah let's just say done the wrong way homeschooling is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!! And I wish I could find someone that lived the next street down, but MY PARENTS ARE AFRAID I'LL BE KIDNAPPED on our deserted road and won't let me go any farther than our mailbox!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] 'Course the mailbox is 1/2 mile away, but no one except the old man with the neglected cows lives up that road.
    ::::::sniff::::::::

**Erin**

Count me in!

Welcome PaigeHortman, and would you prefer the Butet or the trailer as your initiation gift? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

**Erin**