The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2385

I just get home (prom last night...whew don't get me started!) and find out that while I am dancing the night away in a very uncomfortable strapless bra (under my **gorgeous** hahah dress of course) yall are getting 100 pages....Congratulations! I am mui tired and so I must go take a shower and SLEEP!! Catch ya later chillens. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

**~~Emily~~** proud member of the junior clique!

Hey, I want a "ph" in my name too. Maybe I'll become DF Duphlication.

Yea, maybe I should be ConphusedGoosy2
    my friend's sn used to be DETFatty...lol...(DontEatThatFatty) my random comment
    Okie Dokie, I'm making a web page right now, so c ya l8ter

ttyl playaz
    luv ya ry(my sexy purple man)
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    kris
    "If confusion is the first step to knowledge, I must be a genius."

I could always be Spaz00- AKA Phlash [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Goooooood morning everyone. I unfortunatly only got 13 hours of sleep last night [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] (stupid dogs...) I have a softball game today, what is everyone else doing?

wow! I started a trend! who hoo@!

I am Phat, not to be confused with Fat, which could save you hundreds of dollars in poop, so stop calling me!
    I must say, I\'ve met some horses whose feet smell far worse than my husband\'s.

anyone on?

I am Phat, not to be confused with Fat, which could save you hundreds of dollars in poop, so stop calling me!
    I must say, I\'ve met some horses whose feet smell far worse than my husband\'s.

LOL love the sig PhLP!

spaz-ONLY 13 hours of sleep...?

thanx! at least someone's on with me spaz!

my dad finally gave me the $50...but he spent $10...so I still have 40 tho!

Yep, I need 15 or more hours for you to want to be around me...otherwise it just ain't pretty! (ask ponyperson and how he got those bruises on his face...ever wonder why he hasn't been posting lately? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

hahhaa-omg...I was SOOO happy that I got 12 hrs last night!

spaz, why's it takin so long to respond...you aren't doing something ELSE are you...?

no one is on...this soo sucks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Erin B and I are on

ErinB from Florida never ever give cpr to a lizard
    Steve

ERINB! POST! POST POST!!

I just got back guys! I was on AIM awhile ago but left to call PLP and haven't gone back on AIM yet! Wow so you saw our first novel, written in November 1999! I will post more stories later... that was an involved one and kind of confusing but I like it!

Ok I read everything but don't even know what to say!!!! WOW 100 POSTS GO US!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] WHOOOHOOOO WE BEAT THE RECORD! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Erin Lizzy
    Visit my Website!

didn't we beat the record when we got into like the 60's..?

Okie Dokie, I'm all nice & refreshed now, haha, I luv showers! It's like so nice here, and sorta warm... It's a beautiful spring day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Now please excuse me while I shoot that stupid bug that keeps going "ccchhhhrsssss chrsssss chrssssss"
    ^Time Has Passed^

I got it I got it I got it! LoL, but why do I still hear that stupid noise? I think that theres alot of em...GRRR...Stupid bugs.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Very cute signature PLP! I LUV that commercial!
    Where could my Ryan be?
    I'm eating a brownie
    This is really random

ttyl playaz
    luv ya ry(my sexy purple man)
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    kris
    "If confusion is the first step to knowledge, I must be a genius."

Hey guys here's another story if you're interested, this is all that there is so far.

Chapter One

13-year-old Carrie Fillmore stepped out of her house and looked towards the horizon. The early-morning sun was still making its way up, and it colored the sky a vibrant pink. The air was crisp and fresh smelling, and a thick fog rose up and encircled the large barn and paddocks surrounding Carrie�s house. Carrie took a deep breath and began running. She left deep footprints in the thick, dew-topped grass as she ran. When she reached the large, wrought iron entrance gate to the stables, Carrie stopped in her tracks to catch her breath. At the same time, she glanced down at the stopwatch on her left wrist.
    �Thirty-two seconds�, she said with barely a pant. She spotted a figure clad in jeans, paddock boots and a polo-style riding shirt carrying an empty water bucket towards the paddocks. It was Adam, the head stablehand.
    �Hey, Adam!� called Carrie. �Thirty-two seconds today!� Adam gave her the thumbs-up sign.
    �Not bad, kiddo. You start riding racehorses, hear me?� said Adam with a laugh. Carrie just grinned and pushed open the gate.
    �Yeah, sure. Like I�ll ever go that fast on a horse.� She walked up the stone pathway and into the breezeway barn that was home to over 40 horses as a part of her parents� horse training and showing operation, Bending Lane Farm.
    �Good morning, Chester. Hello, Dottie. Hey, Sam, how�s your sore leg doing?� Carrie greeted each of the horses she passed on the way to the feed room. When she reached the end of the first row, she peered into the large box stall. It housed her favorite horse, a three-year-old chestnut gelding named Legacy.
    �Hi, Leggy. How�s my boy?� cooed Carrie softly, so as not to startle the fiery Thoroughbred. The tall horse pricked his ears and snorted in Carrie�s direction. Carrie pulled a carrot piece out of her jeans pocket and fed it to Legacy, who munched it eagerly.
    �Carrie!� called a deep voice from behind her. �You know we don�t give the horses treats in their stalls.�
    Carrie turned around. �Sorry, Dad�, she said sheepishly. Her father shook his head in mock annoyance. �Well, just for that, I have some buckets of feed right here. The first one is Legacy�s.�
    �Right�, said Carrie. She slid open the small feeder door outside of Legacy�s stall and dumped the grain into his bucket.
    �There you go, boy�, said Carrie. She walked down the aisle, feeding the six other horses that she was in charge of. Afterwards, she went back to Legacy�s stall. She grabbed a pitchfork and wheelbarrow from the end of the aisle and began cleaning out the stall. Legacy glanced uncomfortably at the pitchfork, as he always did, and as usual he was easily reassured by Carrie�s calming words. It only took a few minutes to separate the dirty bedding from the clean bedding and smooth it over. After briefly glancing over her work, Carrie put the pitchfork and wheelbarrow by the next stall, to be used by whomever was in charge of the other stalls in the row that day. Finally, Carrie slipped a halter over Legacy�s head, snapped on a lead rope, and led him outside. She released Legacy into a large paddock, and as soon as she unbuckled the halter, Legacy trotted off spiritedly.
    �Bye, Leggy! See you after school!� called Carrie. After standing by the paddock gate and watching her horse play in his paddock, Carrie realized with a glance at her watch that she was going to make herself late. She turned on her heel and dashed back up to the house.
    Inside, Carrie�s mother was in the kitchen making a pot of oatmeal.
    �Carrie, hurry up and shower, dear. You�ll be late.�
    �I know, Mom�, replied Carrie breathlessly. She sprinted into her bedroom, grabbed some clothes from her dresser, sprinted into the bathroom and showered in record time.
    �Carrie, there�s oatmeal on the table. I�m going down to the barn to help your father�, said Mrs. Fillmore as Carrie walked into the kitchen.
    �All right, Mom. I�ll see you after school�, replied Carrie. She ate her oatmeal standing up, while looking over the prize list to a jumper show in the next county. The prize list was lying on the table next to a stack of farrier bills and feed receipts. Carrie looked at the various classes listed in the thick prize list, running through her head which ones she might be able to enter.
    Hmm, I wonder if Dad would let me take Chester in the Children�s jumpers. I know that he�ll want to ride Reilly and Patchwork in the Open class. Or maybe I could ride Sam in the Lows, if he�s sound enough. As she finished her oatmeal, Carrie glanced at the clock and realized with a start that she was going to miss her bus. She hurried to the sink to rinse her dishes before dashing out the door.
    The school bus was waiting at the end of the lane. Carrie hastily climbed aboard and took her usual seat next to her best friend, Becky Gibson.
    �A little bit late this morning?� teased Becky as Carrie flopped down beside her.
    �Maybe�, replied Carrie. �I got all absorbed in the prize list for a jumper show in Harrison.�
    �Oh, that�, said Becky. �Yeah, I got mine in the mail yesterday. You going?� Carrie shrugged. �I haven�t heard anything from Dad, but I�m pretty sure we�re going. Dad has a ton of clients right now that want their horses shown, and the two I�m working with haven�t shown since August.�
    A dark-haired girl named Naomi turned around in the next seat to face Carrie. �Well, I know that I�m going�, she said. �My pony and I are doing the Chicken Little class.� She giggled. �It�s about all I can handle these days.� Suddenly, it seemed like half the bus was talking about the show. Carrie just smiled. She lived in a rural area outside of Ocala, Florida, where just about everyone rode horses. A lot of the kids that went to Robert Galveston Middle School with her took lessons with her mom and dad, who rode hunters and jumpers. Carrie was proud of how well populated their farm was getting.
    The bus pulled to a stop outside of the smallish brick school building. Carrie paused briefly out front to greet some of her friends before hurrying inside.

The leggy chestnut colt looked Carrie unwaveringly in the eye. Carrie stood slightly offset to him, returning his gaze intently. They stood that way for nearly a full minute, neither moving nor speaking. Slowly, Carrie walked towards Legacy. She opened her palm to reveal a small piece of bread. Legacy eyed the bread for a second before eagerly lipping it up. Without hesitation, Carrie slipped the small leather halter over Legacy�s head. Legacy hardly noticed- he�d been haltered before. Now, Carrie snapped a soft lead rope to the halter. She began walking. To her delight, Legacy took one small step, and then another. And another. Soon they had crossed the whole paddock and back.
    �Look, Gram! Look, Dad! Look at Legacy!� called Carrie. Her grandmother and dad looked in her direction.
    �Why, Carrie!� exclaimed Gram. I never knew you were such a good horse trainer!�

�Carrie! Yo! Earth to Carrie!� Carrie looked up, startled. Becky Gibson was tapping her on the shoulder. Where was she? Slowly, the hustle and bustle of the school cafeteria same into view. Carrie looked down at the uneaten turkey sandwich in front of her. �Oh. I guess I was� just��
    �Zoning out?� supplied Becky with a laugh. �Thinking about zooming around a Grand Prix course on some big, elegant Warmblood?�
    �Not exactly�, said Carrie sheepishly.
    �Well, listen�, said Becky, tossing her thick blonde hair over her shoulder, �I�m off to the library. I was just going to ask if you could help me out later at the barn. I�ve been having a little trouble getting Patrick to collect at the canter, and I figured you were the one to ask.�
    Carrie nodded absently. �Sure, Bec. Not a problem.�
    �Thanks Carrie�, replied Becky. �You�re the best. See you at the barn!�
    �Right�, said Carrie. �See you then.�

~Erin Lizzy
    Visit my Website!