The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It is hard to tell from some but from your list Sieger Hit
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Don Nobless might be too young and unproven. I'd rather use a stallion who has ridden stock so I can see what he produces.

As for Fidertanz, its probably just some stubbornness on my part, but I would rather see some Donnerhall on the horse's bloodline as well as F-line.

I contacted PS station a couple of days ago inquiring about Daddy Cool and apparently his semen quality has improved a lot. But then again, they are trying to sell the semen...

I didn't even consider Dimaggio (I suppose thats who you meant) because of the Woerman, known for producing poor loin areas. This is the area I'm trying to improve, so he was immediately of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMSL View Post

Right now my favorites are Weltmeyer and Quattro, but I've been told Earl, Furstenball and Rubin Cortes might work as well.

I am in Europe so I think it would be easy to get German or Dutch semen.
    We have used Rubin Cortes on an elite KWPN mare (Samba Hit II x Krack C) Particularly like the strength and power in his hind leg but really like the whole package. The mare is very long legged tall and blood type. Hoping he might add a little more bone.

As another suggestion his father Rubin Royal is also very appealing, his dam brings a great deal to the table.

http://www.dressurleistungszentrum.d...php?id=175&L=2

Quattro is very impressive, real power engine, great shoulder reach and excellent canter but he might not give you any length of neck, in addition his semen is not meant to be the best even fresh.

Stallions with outstanding canter are some of the younger stallions. Everdale, Don Juan De Hus and Charmeur. Don Frederic does have great length of stride but am not convinced that he has the same uphill self carriage as the latter.

1 members found this post helpful.

Don Juan De Hus.... is so nice
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

L&L, thank you so much for your input!

I was always convinced the R-line didn't have very strong loins. It's always been hammered into my head to use these stallions only when wanting to improve temperament, as otherwise they were average. More and more I'm starting to see thats not true, but I admit its not a lineage I'm familiar with, so I'm a bit afraid of using them. However, Rubin Cortes really impressed me. Do you know if he would improve the loin?

I didn't know Don Juan, but he seems a lovely type. I'm going to do some digging on him, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SCMSL View Post
    L&L, thank you so much for your input!

I was always convinced the R-line didn't have very strong loins. It's always been hammered into my head to use these stallions only when wanting to improve temperament, as otherwise they were average. More and more I'm starting to see thats not true, but I admit its not a lineage I'm familiar with, so I'm a bit afraid of using them. However, Rubin Cortes really impressed me. Do you know if he would improve the loin?

I didn't know Don Juan, but he seems a lovely type. I'm going to do some digging on him, thanks!
    If you sift through some of the video footage of his offspring on youtube you tend to see a pattern of how well his progeny lift and place in their step with their hinds as opposed to drag and scuff the toe, (Thinking Totilas & Undercover) I'm assuming that the loin would therefore be strong to enable him to have such clear definition in his steps.

The video footage of him with Edward Gal certainly brought the stallion to life, however they did have some older footage of him with his former rider on the website when I first booked him and it was also very good, again was attracted by the clearly defined rise and placement of the hinds in piaffe and passage. Would like to see greater elevation of the fore in canter but the mare has plenty of that so hope we won't loose it.

Theres a training session with Edward riding Cortes in France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts-I_aibaNU

Don Juan is unproven yet through progeny as is only four but very impressive gaits and just love the freedom of the forehand and self carriage especially in canter. At least in the interim on paper we know what Jazz, Krack C and Damiro all competed with International success. The strong jumping mother line assures power and has probably assisted with the quality of the canter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Fw4XZ8GT0