The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where are Treadstep boots made?

My friend and I are having a debate and we can't find the answer...where are Treadstep boots actually made?

She swears up and down that they are made in Ireland, but I just can't see boots at that price being made anywhere but China and India. We tried looking at her boots and her boot box, but can't find a "made in" label anywhere which concerns me.

Any ideas?
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

I know they are not made in Ireland...China or India is a good bet. They are however very nice boots for the price and I prefer them to Ariats which are made in China ( even at $1000 retail! )

The brand is Irish, but I don't think the boots are actually made in Ireland.

There's also a knockoff company of Tredstep called Treadstone - mimics their logo and everything. Their boots are made in India.

I would think Tredstep is China though (like Ariat).

Treadstone has been making equestrian boots for ages, Tredstep started boot production fairly recently.

Tredstep manufactures from Ireland. I only know this because of the hell I went through trying to find a pair that fit. Even the manufacturer was out of my size, so when they were in stock they shipped directly from the manufacturer in Ireland.

Having them shipped directly from Ireland doesn't mean they were manufactured in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Treadstone has been making equestrian boots for ages, Tredstep started boot production fairly recently.
    This - Treadstone was making tall boots long before Tredstep, though before I got a pair of Treadstones I frequently got the names mixed up!

FWIW, I quite like my Treadstone boots
    “They were not sitting backwards on their horses,” he said with a sly smile. “But they had no dressage preparation..." - Bert de Nemethy

I actually have a Treadstone bridle that is gorgeous. I didn't recognize the brand at the time but it was around $100 with reins, and the leather softened up as nicely as my Beval bridle.
    ---
    They're small hearts.