The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Dee, of course you're more than welcome. Tell us about the dream horse!

And excuse me, C-2kins, but I told you in my e-mail from last week that we were starting a party! You were just too interested in your vet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You're here now, along with all the others who have come by and are more than welcome to the party, and that's what's important. Soooo, tell us how Mr. Wubs is enjoying his new retirement home. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Well, (rocking and taking a sip of Merlot) he's an 18 month old ID Sporthorse--3/4 Irish Draught and 1/4 TB, bay, 16.1 already, and is just Mr. Personality. I figure by the time he's old enough for me to foxhunt, I'll just have to have somebody from the home just roll me up in my wheelchair and put me on him! I'm just in loooove. He's got the WB uglies, but my gosh, he's gorgeous to me....here, somebody take these cookies away from me before I founder!

Nice of you to stop on by. This must be the riding season out in the desert. Do you have power? I heard that Calif is back to the stone age w/o electricity. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

That's right, BobO. They're all going to have to go back to the old ways, kerosene lanterns, cooking over camp fires, riding their ponies to work...
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Stone age is right..rolling black outs the whole nine yards. We are working right now under 'limited light' conditions, meaning if you have sunshine available to you, you have to work without your lights on. Sheez..it's ridiculous. At my barn we cannot use the arena lights and the horses emergency night lights are all turned off..LOL although the horses probably appreciate sleeping in the dark as opposed to with the lights on.

And it's RAINING...good gawd, suppposed to pour for the next 3 days. It only takes one good rain to flood the streets. I hate the rain..everything gets all mushy, unlike most of you we don't have the drainage for rain. But whatcha gonna do?..lol

As for riding season? you know it's riding season all year long! But the desert circuit is kicking off~

As for my absence? Just trying to get my rear end out of school....I should have done this when I was younger..LOL I have tripled my classes this semester to be done this Spring.

Wub has a new home which he seems to love, his paddock is huge and the dumba** has been standing out in the rain lately. Soaked horse. He's never had a paddock this big, nor one where he had a place to lay in the sun or stand in the rain. I forgot whether his Triple Crown jammies are water-proof, it gets soaked but he stays dry. Stupid horse just stands out there getting rained on. He adores to torture his pony-neighbor, which he does for the majority of the day. He has stopped weaving/rocking and paceing his stall, as a matter of fact I rarely get so much as a lip nicker when I walk up anymore..ungrateful rent-horse...LOL
    And you my dear? how's stuff?

www.hollyhorse.com

Oh - - my - - god!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Is it really you C2?? Well whaddya know! Glad to see you up here on the porch - so what did YOU bring for the party? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Oh, and by the way.. I can vouch for Portia who certainly did invite you...and as she said, it seems you may have been a bit too, um, preoccupied to notice! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I don't have to bring anything baby, I MADE the porch...LOL..Wayyyy back in 97. In one of my steller attempts to slam the illustrius Schoolmarm many years ago, and I must admit I did a good job! I used to tease her about being from the 'ozark woods' of NJ living in her little run down boot leggin, moonshine producing hovel, shack, woodsy house..It was only until many months later did the rest of the gang upgrade her home, her porch to what it has become today.

Back in the days when it only had around 5 participants, even the little Kellybird, who is our original 'lawn-kid'.

It was Jain who was Moody way back when who brought the bailing twine! JOH who added the manure sculptures! Spotted Pony I believe brought the Cider (you all can correct me if I have that wrong) BobO just merely brought himself, although we did take better care of BobO and Geno, the brunt of our slams went to Mark and TK...
    BUT for the record~ Not only did I Build the Porch, I also brought the Chippies~ and bringing the Chippies on there ponies? Well I think that's contribution to the party enough..LOLOL

AND where have YOU been? here I send a real nice Football picture to you all, and ya have not talked to me since *sniff* I thought you guys had a better sense of humor~ LOLOL *G*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> AND where have YOU been? here I send a real nice Football picture to you all, and ya have not talked to me since *sniff* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, so who's NOT reading their email? Hmmm missy?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Didn't you get mine where I was bragging about my TWO FL trips?

Anyhoo, yes, I'd have to agree - as the designer and major organizer of the *original* porch, you are now absolved from having to bring anything else but yourself! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]