The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I've got plenty to go around! I need a good party....it's been crazy at work lately. What an excellent idea Portia! Is there any room left on the porch....at a ripe old age of 31 I qualify, right? I better get to work on my rocker! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ok, i wasn't around back in the day at E-search, though i post there now- but what are the qualifications for sitting on the steps? The top with Sandstone and the others sounds about right for me...

Becca- DOn't you know, tequilla is good for you- kills the worms.

Can my horse sit on the porch though? She could use the rest. She isn't too terriably old- middle aged, but she is a boarder-line cripple. Plus she has worked hard in her life and trys despite her many troubles.

Yeeee Hawwwww!!! Portia has a laptop - now the fun begins. I'm glad to hear that my two kitties aren't the only ones who have the insatiable desire to be "inside" something. There isn't a nook or cranny on the porch that is safe from exploration, when I bring the Holy Terrors along.

Sandstone, your puppy is adorable, but, with the two kittens, I already have my hands more than full. Besides, I bet you and he are already best buds and inseperable.

ErinB - give me some warning the next time you decide to be bad, that's something I would really not want to miss, it's such a rarity.

By the way, where are Schoolmarm and Snowbird? I thought they had pledged to hold up their corner of the porch, cobwebs and all.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Can we rename it to the veranda, so I come, too?

Don't let the kitties see Tin--they LOVE beer, and may disown you as their mom for a bit til they come swaggering back an pass out at your feet. Hmmmmm where are those pictures of them? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hah, I would have guessed Betsy would love beer, but Marissa? What a surprise!

Just got pictures scanned today. Tonight I'll sit down and try to figure out how to post the darn things, which, as computer challenged as I am, could be fun.

then looks at you like "who me?"!!!!!

the folding kind, but with arms and footrest. I need to settle back so my 15 year old doggie Berkeley has lots of room to lie on my lap and I still have room to be needlepointing a belt over his head. (He is oblivious to kitties and, at his age, just like to snoozer with mom near by.) Can't sit still and listen to good gossip -- er, stories-- without a needlepoint belt project in my hands.

How is the weather for the party? Warm and sunny? About 75 degrees with a light breeze? And huge shade trees on the front lawn, under which the smaller children are playing tag (quietly and with no arguments or shrill voices).

AHHHHHHHH. That's comfy now.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Teri, your section of the Porch can be a Veranda if you want, as part of the Southern tradition of gentility. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Louise, I've never met a kitty who didn't like a good cave. The IKEA chair is just my babies' latest attempt at cave dwelling. They have dug holes in the bottom lining of the box springs on both the beds in my house. When they disappear, I look under the bed for lumps hanging down in the lining. Luckily, most of the good furniture is too close to the ground for them to burrow under, and the dining and occassional chairs are too small to make good caves.

The Porch definately has to be located someplace other than Houston this week -- rain, rain, rain, and it's too cold in the East. So I vote we move it to Indio for the rest of the circuit. We can sit on the Porch and watch Hap Hansen ride and wish we could be so good. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Hehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It was not my fault that Regal said she was thirsty--Portia, I SWEAR I was only trying to relieve suffering!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sure Kellybird just blame it all on me....of course.....it was all me and ErinB and Sandstone had *nothing what so ever* to do with it....yeah...right...

Sarah
    Sarah ( & Regal)

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger -
    unless it breaks your heart first

opps! Me sneak alcohal? I think that you must have been drinking if you are saying things like that..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Pam that weather sounds just lovely!

A much needed reminder. My youth may allow me to lose my priority place on the steps (even though we all KNOW that if I really wanted too, my supreme powers would pull through and have me all by myself on that top stair if I wished it) There is one thing that can NEVER be threatened! The Lawn Rulers. Taffy reigns Supreme, and because we like Regal so much, Regal reigns at his side. (Thank you, Sarah)

Portia has a lap top now- the fun can start! (Not that it hasn't been fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img])

LOUISE- I DEMAND being shown those pictures!! Its a law, donchya know?(what Becca says goes...or something)

Mad Mission- wait- tequilla is good for you? kills the worm? I would hope it kills the worm. Dead tequilla worm is allowed. Alive? extraterrestrial, if you ask me..

And the creme de la creme is my puddy-tat [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (Who will play w/ Betsy and Marissa) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Becca - Tompkins is ultra neat, what a cutie - as is the munchkin with him, that your little brother by any chance?

I'll bring a space heater if I can have a spot on the porch. And a kitten who's pretty imperturable and loves to warm laps. Her mom may come, but she prefers to lie sphinx-like on the chest of somebody who's prone. The yellow lab gets pretty excitable, but she'd love a lap, too, or a spot next to somebody. I probably can't get the toy poodle away from my husband.
    All I need is something to lean against and I can bring my own pillow. My retired horse gets a little antsy in crowds (he's mostly blind), so I think he should stay home.

Becca~ I don't seem to recall anything about you being so much cooler than us that you could kick us off of our top step [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Look out everyone!! If Portia's porch is in Houston, we may all have to pitch in and turn it into an ARK! As a member of the 50+ club, is there an extra rocker (on pontoons, of course) available?

Will the rains ever cease? Since I have limited access to an indoor, I've been spending my evenings fashioning flipper feet for Zephyr and Max. For those who may remember, I was asking about "Z" names a couple of months ago for my new guy, but none seemed quite right for him. He's now Max, and if we ever progress to the showing stage, he'll be Max A Million.

They're saying maybe sleet and snow for Houston tomorrow. Hope you "sunny and 71" Floridians are having fun!! Pleeeese don't gloat!!

I'm rowin' on over with my pitcher of Margaritas!

Original Poster

Becca, your Tompkins looks very much like my little Creature, with the grey stripes and white chest and feet, but Creature is unique in that 1/2 her face is brown stripey and 1/2 is grey stripey. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Monster, on the other hand, is part black and part white, with a Phantom of the Opera mask thing going on. Now that I have a scanner at home, I will scan and post photos of the kitties. The third cat, Greyling, is a non-snuggler so she wouldn't be much good on the Porch. She too prefers the absolute power of laying on a person's chest while they are laying down.

Olmos and Zephyr's Mom, we'll have to put the lawn kids and Stair Sitters to work on building that ark. Plenty of duct tape and baleing twine around for them to work with.

Taffy and Regal of course get the lawn. We need them to keep the ponies in line. By the way, Boss Hoss has a brand new stud pony that just came out of the field, so we may need to get a good supply of those pink pills ready for her. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ErinB - give me some warning the next time you decide to be bad, that's something I would really not want to miss, it's such a rarity. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, is it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Well in that case, how about I give you a cat AND a dog? My pwecious little puddy cat RC and my Aussie, Addie! On second thought, I do still want them. Perhaps you could just borrow them? My kitty got declawed ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ) but that means he won't claw you in the head if you need a real fur scarf!

*~Erin~*

Hehehe here they are.

*~Erin~*

Original Poster

Aw, Erin, what a darling spotty puppy and stripey kitty! Dare I ask what said puppy has in his mouth? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] So long as he promises not to chase the sheep or ponies, he's welcome on the lawn anytime!