The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eventing Barns near Hilton Head SC?

I am moving to Hilton Head SC and bringing my TB eventer. ANy suggestions for boarding barns or eventing trainers near Hilton Head? Thanks!

Really?! Glad to have an eventer move to the area. There are NO eventing barns here. It is HJ land and a few DQ's. I think there may be one place with eventers in Ga. I can get that info for you. I am at a private barn I live in the town of Beaufort but I worked in, and know the Bluffton/HHI area well. Email me directly and I can fill you in. Celeste@cpwllc.com. Very glad to welcome you to the area.

Me again. On my computer now so I can type more. Here is the name of the Georgia barn that I thought did some eventing but I don't see mention of eventing on their website. Echelon Sporthorses -912-772-3897
    1768 Pleasant Acres Rd
    Guyton, GA 31312

I do know that there are some eventing ladies at Richmond Hill - a bit further south past Savannah.

Also, Palmetto Bluff/Longfield Stables has a small xc feild but it's rarely used and I don't think anyone there events or coaches. Also VERY $$$.

Rose Dhu Plantation is a good commercial facility. There are alot of private farms and small boarding operations too.

We haul to Aiken to train/compete. Through friends you can find local private plantations for getting in LSD work and gallops and maybe a few jumps. I am working with Huspa Plantation to host Combined Tests and Derbies - the first one will be held in September. They do boarding also but probably too far for you. I can recommend commercial and private barns in the area if you want. Celeste

Welcome to this area. I am organizing clinics with Lellie Ward, a 4 star international eventer from Aiken, SC. Clinic locations are about 45 minutes to an hour from Hilton Head. There is one gentleman that lives on HH that comes to the clinics.

Go to www.paradisefarmaiken.com for information about Lellie. I am in the process of organizing a clinic for late July. If you are interested send me a pm with your contact info, and I will keep you up to date about the clinics.

Hey there KLC! Glad you chimed in. I thought of you all being a good contact for the OP.
    I wasn't able to make the last clinic but please keep me informed of upcoming dates. I wonder if folks would come to ride with her at Huspa too? I am trying to help get some events/shows/clinics there. Hope all is well. Celeste.

Hey zap. I can make Huspah a clinic location and see who all will be interested in coming. We can do discounts for the pony clubbers. I had several participants from SC, so going to Huspah should not be a problem. I'll email you.

Thank You SOO Much for the info - I feared it was not exactly a hotbed for eventing LOL but great to know some possibilities!

My hometown!!

Good luck finding other eventers. There are VERY few in the area (there isn't any land to ride!). Palmetto Bluff has an xc course, as was mentioned, but last I knew board was $1,300 per month. I can PM you a list of barns to look at and barns to avoid if you're interested. I lived there for my first 21 years.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

KLC,PLease put me on your mailing list for clinics in the area, I am happy to travel a bit too.
    nealmur@verizon.net

Not sure about barns but you can trailer to seabrook island and ride your horse on the beach and swim in the ocean
    Gallop on

slewsue, there are folks who event in Charleston, so not too far. Of course we all go to Aiken to show and school a bunch, as well as Gibbes farm. Even in Charleston we are kind of spread across multiple small farms. There is a local farm that hosts Beth Perkins once a month for clinics, if you are interested in getting on the email chain PM me. They have room to trailer in for the night. Also, you can school hunt fences at Middleton for a change of pace. And, there is a new local CT series, google Tidelands Combined Test, and you should find it.

When I visited SCAD in May they said there was an eventing barn nearby, can't think of the name. The young lady who showed us around said some of the SCAD students who did eventing went there, we passed by the turnoff for it when we were heading back to the beach. You could try calling SCAD and ask, but maybe it is one of the barns already mentioned here?

I think it was Rose Hill in Bluffton, but I don't see anything about eventing on their website(not really their website but a real estate website they are listed on) but I could swear the lady at SCAD said they did some eventing training.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Rose Hill is not an eventing barn. It is a nice boarding facility that allows outside trainers somewhat. Palmetto Bluff is the best facility, but no real trainers, I do believe they allow outside trainers now.
    Echelon Sporthorses has a young but enthusiastic trainer ( I like her!), although I think she is heading more in a H/J direction.
    There are some cute private barns in the area, but it is not an eventing spot. Most folks ship to Aiken to do eventing.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

That sounds great - I currently live in New Jersey and we take our guys to the beach a lot in the winter - I love it!

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    Rose Hill is not an eventing barn. It is a nice boarding facility that allows outside trainers somewhat. Palmetto Bluff is the best facility, but no real trainers, I do believe they allow outside trainers now.
    Echelon Sporthorses has a young but enthusiastic trainer ( I like her!), although I think she is heading more in a H/J direction.
    There are some cute private barns in the area, but it is not an eventing spot. Most folks ship to Aiken to do eventing.
    THanks for the info!