The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Just kidding.

I couldn't resist.

``````````````````````````````
    "Life ain't certain...ride your best horse first." Unknown

*Founding member of the Jigging Clique*

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Just kidding.

I couldn't resist.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

You ARE kidding right?

Whats that line from Little Red Corvette...
    Pocket full of horses...trojans all unused.

There, I made it horse related [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

I really am kidding. But to stir the pot...

pill

Couldn't resist replying! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Are horsemen sponge-worthy??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I had my tubes tied!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

To make it horse related, I could ride the day after surgery, and was ready to take care of 11 the same day, but Mr. A&A wouldn't let me.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Really??? Thats brave of you...

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yup.

Gambit had a thread about it just recently, actually. It's not so bad - they do it laproscopicaly now, so I've only got two teeny scars, one at my belly button, one just above my - ahem - hairline.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Wow...I'm PRETTY sure I don't want kids but I'm not QUITE ready to do anything that drastic yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artienallie:
    To make it horse related, I could ride the day after surgery, and was ready to take care of 11 the same day, but Mr. A&A wouldn't let me.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall hearing you complain. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Bareback's the only way to ride...

...horses.

(Gotta keep it clean!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Niners aren't linear; we're everywhen.
    Niners aren\'t linear; we\'re everywhen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Artienallie:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artienallie:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall hearing you complain. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think having the husband/wife COTHers is pretty cute. How many do we have on this board?

Actually my mare didn't use anything and that's how I got Puddle to start with!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I'm not even commenting on my husband's current turn. OK, I am. My god! Put him in a situation where he is anonymous, and he turns into Mr. Character.

Now back to our regularly scheduled converstion:

You know what really is crappy about getting your tubes tied (or as my dr. put it - "cut, tied AND burnt, believe me, I do my best!") there is still a 0.1% chance of getting pregnant?

I found out that in VA, you have to sign all sorts of legal forms if you want a tubal ligation without ever having children.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:

I think having the husband/wife COTHers is pretty cute. How many do we have on this board?

*Founding member of the Jigging Clique*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elghund2 and Cactuslil come to mind

"No time to marry, no time to settle down. I'm a young woman and I ain't done runnin' around." - Bessie Smith

I got those two little scars, too, but I don't recall being up for either horse care or riding THAT soon afterwards!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tackpud:
    Actually my mare didn't use anything and that's how I got Puddle to start with!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you each her that if she *does it* with one stallion *she does it* with the whole paddock?!? Where's parental responsibility?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Monstrpony, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a freak of nature when it comes to pain.

At some point in my life, I dislocated my shoulder. I never noticed it.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed (two were impacted) I had no problems, went to a dance rehearsal that night, and never took my pain killers.

*shrug*

Just don't ask me to be stoic when my stomach is upset!

I was younger at the time and hadn't learned everything myself!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I was such the innocent 22 years ago.....

Artienallie - we must be related. I left my shoulder out of the proper place for a month before I found out. Do you really have to go through all that just to not have kids in VA? Whatever happened to a woman's choice?!

There's something new called the Nuva Ring. (I'm sure you can envision) I already take enough pills during the day to stay sane.

To make it horse related...it's made by Bristol-Myers and you can always use a Bristol Bit if you need to.
    \"If mamma ain\'t happy, ain\'t nobody happy\"

One last question since there is a man in our midst. What is the big deal about having your tubes tied? Surely, the ramifications can't be that bad since you see billboards advertising reversals. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    \"If mamma ain\'t happy, ain\'t nobody happy\"