The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Whatever was there, I wasn't but I don't think that your statements have any more validity. To say that no one knows her is a perception from the people you know. Any large group will not recognize everyone and that doesn't mean they weren't there.

I see no point in trashing the messenger because you don't like the message. There have been enough people who have particpated to make an army and if they feel misused they are entitled to their opinion. That doesn't make it trashing or lies, they are just discussing their personal perspective and if whoever only went to two meetings that was WHY.

You are cerainly welcome to defend the issue from your perspective without calling someone else names.

Does anyone know of an actual LEGAL reason that the uset's financial statements are NOT public record?
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Please tell Bob Standish hello for us, next time the two of you go hunting.

Looking forward to your continued participation in this thread - no doubt you'll continue to make NYU proud.

Actually, the basic USET financials in their tax forms ARE public, and are available over the internet. So are every non-profit's, I think. And they must report other things beyond that to their board members, I think.

But here is the problem. My husband and I were once involved in a stockholder lawsuit. We found out, much to our shock, that the side we favored was doing things that don't show up in the public financials. I don't know much beyond first level accounting, like keeping a checkbook, but I now do know this -- that must be the reason that Balch in the lawsuit is asking for some special detailed reporting like the ledger things. It is amazing how much can be going on behind the financials that are shown publicly. That is what directors are supposed to know about, as the judge made clear, and entitled to find out about.

I just never saw your name in the FOC Program. Guess the USET gave me a gold pin last year for my work on the Festival Program because they had too many pins. And I guess my name was listed in the programs as Souvenir Program Co-Chair becuase they needed to fill the space. But that's not important - I'm proud of the work I did - I enjoyed doing it to contribute to the USET.

It's a shame you feel inclined to make personal statements, anonymously, but unfortunately Barbara Lang's long standing involvement with Essex is highly respected by those who worked on the event and those who came yearly to compete. It stands on its own merit.

What we are faced with is a situation out of control and leadership isn't directing the talents and energies to the soluation and resolution that MUST occur. Sorry you can't see that - but it's reality. Sometimes it BITES - but denigrating individual's contributions to either the USET or AHSA isn't constructive to either the discussion or the outcome.

It is obvious that the officials of the USET do not take that issue very seriously. It is apparent that their defenders do not realize that it is volunteers for better or worse that make it all work.

I think it is non-productive to discuss personalities of those who volunteer and those who do not appear to be grateful for the efforts on behalf of the USET.

I would like to take us back to the original purpose of this thread which is to formulate workable ideas and new methods that might be used to bring the needs of the international athletes to the average rank and file so they they will support and be willing to approve of funding.

Our problem is how to raise funds and to properly administer the funds to minimize waste.

Well worth reading this one and helping with your ideas for the Marketing and Development of NF.