The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default OTTB sellers

I thought I knew all of the major OTTB sellers but ran across churchillhuntclub.com while cyber-window-shopping. Searched the forums for info but no results. Anybody know these folks?
    Fox Wood Farm

If I'm not mistaken, there was a thread on the H/J forum about them a few weeks back. That is all I will say about that.

There are quite a few COTHers who do a nice job bringing along prospects.... Jleegriffith, Maple Shade and judybigredpony are a couple that come to mind.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Well here's the highlight reel,

They only allow you to use their vet.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

And beyond that my Lex, Ky friends say to avoid like the plague.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Simkie, off topic, but I posted new pics of my girl in Off Course. How is your baby doll doing, and how is your mare? I had read in HC that she was having some challenges.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Default Thanks for the warnings!

Thanks to all. Don't know why my forum search came up dry. Very interesting reading. Glad to cross them off my list!
    Fox Wood Farm

Pro Partners Thoroughbreds (moonriverfarm) has some GREAT OTTBs as well.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

They also use the phrase "Racehorse too Showhorse" on their site and spell exercise, "excersize." These are just two in a myriad of simple errors on one page of their site. If you've got problems with to/too/two on your website, I'm not buying a horse from you. Sorry.

thanks Hydro :-)
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Hi moonriverfarm - I had already found your website through recommendations on other coth threads. You have some good looking boys on your site. Where in the Deep South are you?
    Fox Wood Farm

New Vocations in Lexington. Great horses, extremely honest evaluation, 1 year adoption contract which transfers to ownership. And, wonderful prices!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Default New Vocations

Hi Laura KY - I'm already approved as a New Vocations adopter. Did that a couple months ago, although I have been watching their website for a long time. Seems the ones I like best (16.2+, bay geldings) get snapped up quick!
    Fox Wood Farm

i also sell ottb's in florida. have heard they are a disaster to deal with. but just hearsay on my part.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Wood Farm View Post
    Hi Laura KY - I'm already approved as a New Vocations adopter. Did that a couple months ago, although I have been watching their website for a long time. Seems the ones I like best (16.2+, bay geldings) get snapped up quick!
    I would tell you to friend Lisa Molloy on facebook...but she's moved to VA. I had a hard time resisting one of them (a Derby contender)...he was snapped up in 2 days or so and never made it to the website. You would have loved him...bay with a sense of humor.

Facebook friend New Vocations for starters. Lexington NV is looking for a new manager, hopefully he/she will be as wonderful as Lisa was.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    I would tell you to friend Lisa Molloy on facebook...but she's moved to VA. I had a hard time resisting one of them (a Derby contender)...he was snapped up in 2 days or so and never made it to the website. You would have loved him...bay with a sense of humor.

Facebook friend New Vocations for starters. Lexington NV is looking for a new manager, hopefully he/she will be as wonderful as Lisa was.
    Oh - He did make it on the site but I don't think he was up 24 hours. He was gone in a flash and yes, he looked delightful! Trying to remember his name - Advice or Advance or something similar.
    Fox Wood Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Wood Farm View Post
    Oh - He did make it on the site but I don't think he was up 24 hours. He was gone in a flash and yes, he looked delightful! Trying to remember his name - Advice or Advance or something similar.
    Advice.

Steuart Pittman had a cute OTTB on his site a few months ago that had hunted a little. He might be someone to check with before looking at a dealer that has had some red flags raised. Pittman organized the Retired racehorse Training Project and has been involved with TB's in eventing for a long time.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Pure Thoughts rescue in Loxahatchee, FL has a TB division. Also Sonia Stratemann owns Elite Thoroughbreds also in Loxahatchee, and has contacts with FL TRAC which is the racetrack retirement program.

Both PT&ET do transition training. Both are very reputable and great to deal with.