The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Show Ribbon Display

So happy with how our ribbon vases turned out - now I just need to come up with an idea to get a lid on the 2nd one to keep dust out! This was easy to do and inexpensive.

http://ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.co...w-ribbons.html

Forgive me, I live under a rock, but what is TJ Maxx? Is this like a Walmart?

Oh I'm sorry! It is like Marshall's or Ross (in case you may have heard of either of those). It is a Department Store where you can save a bundle on designer clothes, accessories, home decor, etc... Here is a link to their site: http://www.tjmaxx.com/ Hope that helps!

Thank you! I looooveee this idea!! I am so copying!

That's really cool! I displayed some of mine inside of a lamp (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...58227784_n.jpg), but I really like that vase. I may have to swing by TJ Maxx tonight and see if they have one like that. Thanks for sharing!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Very pretty...how many ribbons fit in there?

Yay, now I have a fun summer project!

The first vase is beautiful! I like the square one, too. I have two of the big glass jars from WalMart. I'd love to find a vase like that first one to make my third one! I love the lamp, too! We need new lamps in our living room. Where do you find one like that? Thanks for sharing the great photos!

Equine Mom, was sweet sue blind in one eye? She looks like the hunter pony I did my first shows on in brevard county, fl. Thanks!

BTW the ribbons look great!
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Very nice! I love the jar you found!

It doesn't take a lot to fill up a vase with ribbons...Maybe a dozen are in this vase, which is about 12" tall. I'm hoping to figure out the sizing to do a vase/jar per year of competitions. The shell jar is all from one trip, and was actually inspired by the ribbon vase! Figured I can line the tops of my book cases with different glass vessels of souvenirs

See u at x - I LOVE the lamp! Do you remember where you purchased the lamp? I would love to get one!

Dewey, I'm sorry we didn't count the ribbons. It is a big vase so there are a bunch in there. Madison used the not so nice looking ribbons on the inside and put the nice ones on the outside. She did a lot of schooling shows when she was younger, so we had a bunch of ribbons.

Luckey71 - that vase we picked up at TJ Maxx in Vero Beach, FL, but I've seen them at other stores like Marshalls and Ross. It was about $12-$14, so very affordable. The other vase we found at Wal-Mart I believe.

FLeventer - it is one in the same! Sweet Sue is famous isn't she? So many folks started out on her! We loved her so much! She was the best little pony - a great teacher!

pryme_thyme, I'm so glad you like it! Post pics when you have yours made up - I'd love to see it!

VTMorgan06 - Post pics when you are done!

Love these! I'd love to find a lamp to use, too. I also recommend Goodwill (or other thrift shops) for cheap vases and the like.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

Quote Originally Posted by equinemom93 View Post
    Dewey, I'm sorry we didn't count the ribbons. It is a big vase so there are a bunch in there. Madison used the not so nice looking ribbons on the inside and put the nice ones on the outside. She did a lot of schooling shows when she was younger, so we had a bunch of ribbons.
    I have a whole huge Rubbermaid plastic bin full of them. I don't know what to do with them all.

Quote Originally Posted by equinemom93 View Post
    See u at x - I LOVE the lamp! Do you remember where you purchased the lamp? I would love to get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckeys71 View Post
    The first vase is beautiful! I like the square one, too. I have two of the big glass jars from WalMart. I'd love to find a vase like that first one to make my third one! I love the lamp, too! We need new lamps in our living room. Where do you find one like that? Thanks for sharing the great photos!
    Thanks guys! I got the lamp and lamp shade at Target. The shade was on sale, so I think I spent around $50 for both of them. Here's the link: http://www.target.com/p/collectible-...b/-/A-13630497 It seems to work best with the more "average" sized ribbons vs. the bigger pink dressage one that I have in the middle.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Dewey - you will have enough to probably do more than one vase and still have some leftover! Another option is to donate them. I have not done this yet, but it was brought to my attention there is an organization that accepts show ribbon donations and recycles them - here is a link: http://ribbonrecycling.com/links.html This is a great idea for those ribbons that are maybe not as special. I'm hoping when the kid gets back she will go through hers and we can get some donated.

see u at x - THANK YOU! That is great and very reasonably priced. I plan on getting at least one of these!! thanks again!