The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Blessed Be The Good Neighbors!

So Friday I went up to the barn to retrieve my barn kitty, Lacey and her 3 babies. (Unfortunate results of "SO is highly allergic, evict to barn, spay ASAP...go to collect to take for spay, vanished kitty" bone head move on my part) No kitties, except my already spayed, thinks she's a dog Keekers. Kittens are of an age they're starting to wander (hence the, bring them in now, take to vet, get wormed and vax'd, get new homes plan) so assume they're out hunting grasshoppers and will be back.

Saturday, son's birthday party, still no kitties.

Sunday, Father's Day, still no kitties, but not going to go calling neighbors.

Today, email neighbor, yes, indeed Lacey, Nori, Dori and Ori had wandered over after devouring their rations here before I could put more out. Kittens are crated, I can come collect them whenever.

My son is over joyed. Those are 'his grand kittens', and he was beside himself when they went missing. I didn't have the heart to tell him about the fox I'd seen in the pasture, or even ponder the possibility of the giant murder of crows having decided to go for some live prey...

So, now that they will be moving indoors and confined to a room dear sweet SO will not be entering and will be getting tested, vaccinated and wormed, any COTHers want a kitten? Two females and one male.

Son was distraught that I want to give them away, and informed me I need to charge a $5 adoption fee to make sure they get good loving homes, but I'm willing to waive that.
    Owned by a Paint/TB and an OTTB.
    RIP Scoutin' For Trouble ~ 2011 at 10
    RIP Tasha's Last Tango ~ 2010 at ~23
    RIP In Sha' Allah ~ 2009 too young at 5

How refreshing to hear of good neighbors!
    Sheilah

Best of luck rehoming - you may want to post them on the Giveaway's board here. Pictures really help too. We are very lucky to have a Feral Cat Colony rescue here that will spay them very young. I had 5 feral kittens plus the Mom and baby Daddy and was able to trap and get all of them vaccinated, spayed/neutered, microchipped, treated for fleas and returned to me for placement - all at no cost to me (although I gave a hefty donation!).

Good luck!

Thanks I'll get updated pics after they've been insulted and bathed

One has already found a home, daughter of neighbor fell in love and was so upset it was going to be leaving. Her birthday is in a couple weeks. So that just leaves the other little female to find a home for, I've determined that the male must stay and be mine. (Kids don't want me to let them all go...and I'd rather pay for one spay for mama and one neuter for kitten than two spays, even with my discount at work!)
    Owned by a Paint/TB and an OTTB.
    RIP Scoutin' For Trouble ~ 2011 at 10
    RIP Tasha's Last Tango ~ 2010 at ~23
    RIP In Sha' Allah ~ 2009 too young at 5