The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Area II Fall Omnibus

It looks like the dates of several of the Fall events in Area II have recently changed in the Omnibus?

Kelly's Ford is moved up to 10/20, and CDCTA back to share dates with Rubicon (11/10-11/11). Anyone know how firm what is currently posted is?

It's still a long way away, so not a big deal, just trying to tentatively map out my season.

Thanks!

I still keep hearing rumors that Rubicon won't be having an event, so I was surprised to see it in the omnibus at all. So, who knows!

Aw, but I love Rubicon!!
    I guess that would explain why they would move CDCTA into that slot though. It wouldn't make sense to run them the same weekend since they draw from the same VA BN-P crowd.

Apparently Rubicon's dates were up for grabs this year, so I would assume that they are NOT running this fall even though there is not yet an official cancellation.
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother

No!! Say it's not so!! I love Rubicon and was hoping my horse would actually be sound enough for the one this fall.

Why would they cancel and who told them they could??!!?

Ah, if only USEA/Area II/Young Riders/Adult Riders/PRO/other competitors had the ability to "tell" Rubicon to keep holding their event!

I'm sincerely, seriously bummed. I love love love that event and am very grateful for everything Sheryl and Eric have done for Area II and for the eventing community. I hope in my heart of hearts that they are just taking a year off and will come back next year full speed ahead, but no way to know (and really, none of my business). At the very least, I'm glad I volunteered there regularly and that I had the opportunity to compete on their gorgeous courses over the years. Rubicon really did do everything right in terms of a competition, and it's a huge loss to the area.

As area 2 Chairman I can confirm that those changes are reasonably solid. Sheryl is now running equestrian activities at Morven and she and her husband do not have the time to devote to provide the high quality event they have produced in the past. As of now Area 2 is very sad to lose Rubicon. Believe that numerous people have tried to encourage them to keep it going but it is just not in the cards right now. At least we have Sheryl to help ensure that we have high quality events at Morven

I'm torn because I love Rubicon for all the reasons mentioned, and adore Eric and Sheryl....pretty damn fine people and we are lucky to have them on our side.

However, Morven is very, very dear to my heart for lots of fantastic memories. Part of me is willing to lose Rubicon (a very, very small part of me) if it means Sheryl is putting in the kind of effort at Morven that she did with her own venue.

Thanks for the official word. I too will miss Rubicon, though I love MP as well so I'm glad their talents are not wasted.

Rubicon is the best. The footing is great. The jumps are fun, well constructed, and safe. We will miss Rubicon. I hope it is back in a few years.