The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Arc De Triomphe saddles?

any experience with them? found one in daughters size but I'd have to ship it to try and would love feedback on it, quality of leather, fit etc. It's a medium tree, do they run true?

Great saddle for the price, and I love mine. Yes, the trees run true to size, as far as I know. Several people at my barn have one. Definitely worth a try.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Any information on their Prelude model?
    Currently blogging for Chronicle of the Horse. Articles can be found here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/category...ryan-lefkowitz

REALLY LOVELY saddles. At one point I was going to work as a rep for AdT, it didn't really work out, but their saddles are BEAUTIFUL. Everyone I talked to who had one loved it, and every saddle I sat in felt like heaven! I would encourage you to try it!!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

Quote Originally Posted by Rel6 View Post
    Any information on their Prelude model?
    The Prelude is a gread saddle in that price point. It is an injection molded tree and does not have customizable options, so if it fits for you and your horse, it's great! I have ridden in one and it is a nice saddle. The Gazelle is on the same hand strung tree as the high end ADT's, but not in french tanned leather and less customizable (although there are some really nice options). The Classiques and other Arc Dr Triomphe named saddles are fully customizable on a hand strung tree with french leather. I love their saddles- I may get a gazelle next time for eventing because buttery soft french leather is not a necessity for going thorugh water obstacles!

I've ridden in all the ADT saddles and they're all very nice, comfortable, and fit the horses well. You won't be disappointed.