The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Well. I just came across one of the stupidest websites that I have ever seen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] If you have the time, check it out. It really is worth taking a look. The title of the website says it all.

http://www.ponyexpresshorses.com/stopagelding.htm

(If you get a chance, go to the home page and take a look at the poor twin foals! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img])

God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses.
    ~R. Graham

~R. Graham

Well. I just came across one of the stupidest websites that I have ever seen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] If you have the time, check it out. It really is worth taking a look. The title of the website says it all.

http://www.ponyexpresshorses.com/stopagelding.htm

(If you get a chance, go to the home page and take a look at the poor twin foals! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img])

~R. Graham

~R. Graham

awright, maybe I'm stoopid.....but I don't get it.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] WHY [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] don't they want a rescue horse gelded????

New York Horse Rescue

What a total scam!!! Everytime you go to click on that page, the number of votes increases by the exact same number!!! Coincidence? I think not. And wow...what a deal...it only costs $10 to vote. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] The craziest part about it is that they claim that the "killers" would want to geld the horse. Uh, now why would they want to do that when leaving the horse a stallion would no doubt provide more horses available for auction? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

visit www.victorianfarms.com

It seems this woman is a horse trader. I don't understand why that woman thinks that "horse traders, killer buyers, slaughter houses, and other people like that" would have a care in the world whether a horse is gelded. And can someone remind her again that based on her website she IS a trader? I am certainly none of those things but I can certainly see the merits to gelding that poor horse! And how is a vote to not geld him rescueing him??? I would think gelding him would provide him a better chance at finding a forever home to live out his days! I sincerely believe in rescue. I've done it myself. I wouldn't have my beloved Vegas if not for a wonderful local rescue organization!

"Like everyone, I too can close my eyes and imagine Expresso running free across the prairie, his long flowing mane blowing in the cool autumn breeze, his mares, his children, his family all grazing peacefully under his most watchful eye, on the lookout for even the slightest sign of danger." Just WHERE does she think THIS happening???? In Georgia??? I think not!

I am horrified.

Did you notice she is charging $10 to vote on whether the horse should be gelded? Do we smell a scam? Just who is it that will be so influenced by people being scammed in to paying to register their votes?

Shall I invite her to attend the auction up the road in New Holland with me come Monday? Maybe she can "rescue" some more horses and let them run free on the prairie...only to be captured by the BLM?

Yipes! Hope this doesn't come across as too harsh when I'm such a newbie here! But, regardless, it is my ever so humble opinion...

I think we've been tricked...

ponyexpresshorses.com

Either way, it seems like a rather strange thing to do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

www.foalcams.com
    "Wherever man has left his footprint in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization, we will find the hoofprint of the horse beside it." ~John Moore

That site makes absolutely no sense.
    It implies that his life will be over if he is gelded?
    And how is it she compares voting to geld or not geld him, to an election...where you can buy extra votes? I haven't gotten to vote yet, but somehow I think being able to vote multiple times isn't in the game plan.

In the future, if your wondering, 'Crime, boy...' is when I decided to kick your ass. - President Bartlett, The West Wing

I just read that and was coming back here to post about it.

I've been accused of having a pretty warped sense of humor, but that's stretching it just a bit! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Scam, scam, scam, with the poor horse stuck in the middle.

I particularly liked this part of the diatribe: "But that is one dream that will not come true without your help. The decision will be made very soon as to whether or not to perform a very invasive and traumatizing surgery on Expresso's reproductive organs. This procedure, even though horrific and life altering, is casually called simply 'a gelding' by horse traders, killer buyers, and slaughter houses alike."

Yeah, and by us every day, average, run-of-the-mill horse lovers.

If I wasn't convinced that the lunatics would nab my credit card number and run with it for all it's worth (NOT that it would get them very far [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ), I'd go vote with the other evildoers to geld the horse.

What I can't quite figure out is, who has custody of the horse? If the person behind that Web page does, why isn't it just up to him/her whether to geld the horse??

Proud member of the "Huh. I thought I'd fixed that" phase of baby green hunter ownership.
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

It's a hoax to get people to sign up for their messages boards.

I don't think that's the kind of place I'd enjoy spending my cyber time!

This makes NO sense...who owns the horse and why would votes or money 'save' him? Since when does it cost money to vote?? I think that they are preying on people who know NOTHING about horses. And why do they have SO much stuff on thier website?? It almost seems like honest horse people are being sucked in! How could that happen? Not trying to be stupid...BUT if the horse was starving only a month earlier he would look worse. You should be able to clearly see his hip bones and back bone and his hair should be rougher, not shiney like that. He almost lookes well cared for...just not fed for a few weeks. She could have even caused the horse to look like that for the sake of the money. I don't believe the chicken coop story. They said that his withers were cut and bloody. I don't see evidence of that in the pic. Also he has NO cuts on his body. And why would someone keep a horse in a chicken coop anyway. And if he was the TOP seller then how could he go from that to that in two years. And how do they know that it is Expresso anyway??

Sorry! I just got a little mad!!
    My horses past and present....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgMOjxvLMJo

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VivaBaby:
    It's a hoax to get people to sign up for their messages boards.

I don't think that's the kind of place I'd enjoy spending my cyber time!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The twit is solicting membership to the site's BB. That letter is quite amazing. Nothing like insulting the very people you're trying to entice....

Hm. Makes me wonder though: Anyone seen Colin lately?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Proud member of the "Huh. I thought I'd fixed that" phase of baby green hunter ownership.
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

You know that place with the nude beaches? Not there.

that clicking on either of the vote/donate buttons will take you to the same paypal page, with no indication of which choice you 'voted' for. Hmm, perhaps the owner here really WANTS to get him gelded, and this is a trick to raise the cash! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And where IS Colin?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

The proctologist called. He found your head.
    Driven insane in the carpool lane...

A quote from the BB
    """That is where unsuspecting potential future members of the PEH forums will be asked to pay $10 to vote to either geld Expresso or to rescue him. (Remember when I did the thing where people had to donate money or I would shave Regal's mane? There were actually 6 people who donated money to save Regal's mane. Ya gotta love the interweb!) So anyways, this is basically a Darwinism test that new members will have to pass."""

ARE YOU KIDDING???????? She even got people to donate to save a horse's MANE???? what a quack!!! Even sicker people who donated money!

**BARB***

**BARB***

"""For a limited time I am also authorized to give to all those who vote to save Expresso the picture of him that is shown at the beginning of this page. That photograph is suitable for framing as a memento or you may even right click upon it and select "Set as wallpaper" (after you have successfully voted) so that you can enjoy Expresso every single day as your computer's wallpaper.

For a limited time anyone who votes to save Expresso will also receive this happy pony ...

* Horse traders, killer buyers, and slaughter houses that vote to geld Expresso will not be eligible to receive a happy pony."""

But I should vote so I can get the picture and a little horse icon....how sick is that?? What the horse needs is some food!!!!! Maybe she should have another vote either to give the horse some food or not give him food!

**BARB***

**BARB***

is extraordinarily bizarre [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] and pretty #$%ing stupid as if she actually takes anyones money, as she implies she's done on the mane roaching thread, she's gonna be open to a fraud charge.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer apparently. Possibly even a spork. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Ridiculous is the only word that I can think of when I see that!

www.geocities.com/dunks_mom
    thoroughbred clique, rust clique,and founder of young trainers clique
    **Matt-11/2/81-10/30/02**
    **Danielle-3/18/86-2/7/03**
    thoroughbred clique, rust clique,and founder of young trainers clique

Can we vote & donate money to get the nutlady a lobotomy??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] LMAO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]SUZ

***Hey you! Outta the gene pool!***
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Where can I vote to save his stallion hood????
    One word comes to mind for this lady!!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]LOSER [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    God if anyone is stupid enough to send this lady their credit card they deserved to be scamed!!!

Just another day!!!
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

Ugh. I am glad you all feel the same way about that website. When I found it, it literally made me want to gag due to its stupidity. Oh. The intense, horrible, evil, cruelty of gelding a horse. Gasp. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I am going to post a link to the twin foals that I found earlier, owned by the same person. You really need to see this also to appreciate what an idiot this person truely is.

http://www.ponyexpresshorses.com/horses/angel.htm

On another message board, this person posted that they were overjoyed that their mare had twins. When others expressed that they were sorry an ultrasound did not catch the twinning, this guy replied that he does not ultrasound his mares at all because, "it would be interfereing with mother natures way to pinch off a twin." This person also removed the braces (placed there by a vet) from these foals' legs because they were "interfering with the foals' freedom to play". If anyone wants me to send them a link to this message board, I would be glad to. I am just not sure linking to other message boards is allowed.

Also, please be sure to look at the picture of the mare that had the twins. She has a nasty case of lordosis, which is congenital sway back. Wow. What a wonderful thing to pass on to the next generation. Not to mention the fact that a mare with such poor back conformation had to be in pain while carrying twin foals (or any foal for that matter.) This really just makes me sick.

~R. Graham

~R. Graham