The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Free Hanoverian/dwb 2011 filly in Ohio

I am moving into my new farm soon (less space) so I need to find a home for my 2012 filly as she is my only foal and logistically I don't have room for her. Rather than selling her for cheap I thought I'd try to find her a good home. There is nothing wrong with her!! She is by my young stallion Rio Ricardo (Rio Grande/SPS Cleopatra) and out of an imported DWB by Metall. Not registered. She is the first foal out of the mare and is not huge. She will prob mature around 15.3 (dam 16 hands, sire 16.3). She is also a late June foal. She has correct conformation and shows good elastic movement. I am located in Delaware, Ohio and it is important that she finds a new home quickly. She is handled daily and is utd on everything. You can contact me directly at Jamie@borowske.com There is a short video of her pre weaning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm316...e_gdata_player

This is so sad. I know people's circumstances change, but you bred a foal from an unapproved stallion, didn't/can't register her and now 'have no room for her'. That sounds like irresponsible breeding to me.

I hope she finds a good home.

She is obviously a 2011 as stated in the title not 2012 as in the description. There should be registries that would take her. At least she looks like a nice foal.

Personally, I think she is beautiful and if you were here I would snap her up!

She is cute, hope she finds a nice home.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

WOW. You can send her to me!

I think she is lovely....wish you weren't 10+ hours from Atlanta

Oh and to add, I think your stallion is lovely as well! Good luck with him!
    Last edited by CrimsonInClover; Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: add thought

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Malone View Post
    This is so sad. I know people's circumstances change, but you bred a foal from an unapproved stallion, didn't/can't register her and now 'have no room for her'. That sounds like irresponsible breeding to me.

Mollly Malone, I can't agree with you more.

The foal looks extremely nice and people's circumstances change. I am sure the foal can be registered AWS or something?
    Pro Slaughter
    Anti Parelli

Default Filly

You have a PM.

Dear Molly Malone and red2004,

I'm not sure how you can label me as a "irresponsible breeder", armed with only the information you read in the post. Personally I feel very strongly that I am trying to be responsible here by placing her in a home rather than selling her for cheap and losing track of her. We all know in this economy young horses are not selling well and more are ending up in the auction. I never breed more than I can keep in the event that nothing sells, and I am fully prepared to keep her if a suitable home is not found. I am also a firm believer that young horses should be handled frequently and my current position will not allow me the time I like to spend with the all the youngsters. I could certainly stick her in the field and forget about her, or I can find her a suitable home where she would get the attention she deserves. As far as your opinion on my "unapproved" stallion.....he had a devastating injury to his front legs as a yearling. So he will never be sound enough to hold up to a stallion testing. Just because he is not able to go through the testing process, does not make him a lesser sire. His dam is an imported states premium mare with many successful offspring competing as well as top foal at the Hanoverian inspection. In fact, at Rio Ricardo's Hanoverian foal inspection, I was pulled aside by Dr Ludwig Christmann and he asked me to keep this foal a colt. So I am certain that my stallion is quality enough to breed. I invite you to please have a look at my YouTube videos. My user name is coppertopgirl. There are many videos of my stallion as well as many videos of offspring. His oldest will be 3 this year and are being started under saddle. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information on my breeding program. I would love to answer any questions you might have before you decide to call me names on a public forum.

Smile She's cute, Coppertop :)

Have you thought about registering her with PHR (Performance Horse Registry)? That would keep her pedigree intact and recorded, since she is a filly. They do DNA verification. I'm curious why you think she will only be 15.3 when mama & papa are 16 and 16.3? Good luck with finding her a soft landing, she is lucky you are making that effort.

I'm not sure how you can label me as a "irresponsible breeder", armed with only the information you read in the post. Personally I feel very strongly that I am trying to be responsible here by placing her in a home rather than selling her for cheap and losing track of her.
    We do not do the "registry" thing either.

The filly looks lovely as does her sire and dam. I think it's a generous opportunity for someone who can not pay the typical price for a nice baby. It's unfortunate he cannot be registered, but the author is obviously pleased with the quality of babies by him.

Also, I don't find it irresponsible. There are so many people who get free/cheap ottbs and breed them to a registered and well know stallion and the baby's only selling point is the name of the stallion. At least this person invested in a seemingly nice mare. I would much rather spend money on a nice well bred unregisterable baby than the same amount on a registered baby out of a generic tb mare.
    Last edited by veetiepony; Jan. 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppertop View Post
    Dear Molly Malone and red2004,

I'm not sure how you can label me as a "irresponsible breeder", armed with only the information you read in the post. Personally I feel very strongly that I am trying to be responsible here by placing her in a home rather than selling her for cheap and losing track of her. We all know in this economy young horses are not selling well and more are ending up in the auction. I never breed more than I can keep in the event that nothing sells, and I am fully prepared to keep her if a suitable home is not found. I am also a firm believer that young horses should be handled frequently and my current position will not allow me the time I like to spend with the all the youngsters. I could certainly stick her in the field and forget about her, or I can find her a suitable home where she would get the attention she deserves. As far as your opinion on my "unapproved" stallion.....he had a devastating injury to his front legs as a yearling. So he will never be sound enough to hold up to a stallion testing. Just because he is not able to go through the testing process, does not make him a lesser sire. His dam is an imported states premium mare with many successful offspring competing as well as top foal at the Hanoverian inspection. In fact, at Rio Ricardo's Hanoverian foal inspection, I was pulled aside by Dr Ludwig Christmann and he asked me to keep this foal a colt. So I am certain that my stallion is quality enough to breed. I invite you to please have a look at my YouTube videos. My user name is coppertopgirl. There are many videos of my stallion as well as many videos of offspring. His oldest will be 3 this year and are being started under saddle. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information on my breeding program. I would love to answer any questions you might have before you decide to call me names on a public forum.
    Bolding mine.

But the economy was bad last year and you chose to breed and you also stated you didn't have room for her.

I offered no opinion on your stallion other than to state that he is unapproved.

In addition, I said it sounded like irresponsible breeding. I did NOT "label" you an irresponsible breeder, you chose to interpret it that way.

I sold ALL my foals last year without a problem. And right now I am forced into moving into one farm (I've been operating out of two). So to say the economy is the same now as last year is quite bold. It is different for everyone and right now it's tight for me to give top level care and manage the overhead. I certainly did read your post as calling me an irresponsible breeder no matter how you want to twist it. I was fully in charge of "what soundend like irresponsible breeding" which obviously deems me an irresponsible breeder. Next time I'm looking for a pinto/trakehner mix I'll look you up!

I think the baby looks lovely, as does both parents. I have seen more then my share of "responsible breeders" breeding mares who had pretty poor conformation - in my opinion, and while I know inspections etc. are huge the the WB world, I really could care less about any of that - I like to look at the horse in the flesh, as well as it's show record, etc.

SO, have you had any calls or emails for her yet?

APHA/Trakehner mix. It's a breed, pinto is a color. I provide that information for general educational purposes as I know not everyone can be bothered to understand the distinction.

I have one I bred, for myself (in 2005), to ride and keep forever, but nevertheless registered and by an approved stallion, and not for sale under any circumstances.

But if you want a pure bred registered Trakehner, from registered and approved parents, don't hesitate to contact me!

Angry

It is a shame that your immediate response to a generous offer is a libelous accusation. If you aren't interested, "it sounds like" you should return to your home under the bridge. In case you were confused, this is the GIVAWAY forum. The filly will absolutely only be given to the best possible home. If the ideal situation is not found, the OP will keep her until she can be sold. Rather than hold on to her until she is more saleable, this is an excellent opportunity for the RIGHT person.

The OP has bred (and sold) MANY quality hunters. She doesn't HAVE to give anything away, but rather than fire sell anything she will place horses when appropriate.

As far as the unapproved stallion...without naming names, I can think of several VERY well respected people in the AA hunter world (judges and top competitors)who have chosen to breed to him either based on seeing him in person, or OP's excellent reputation in that discipline. In the hunter/jumper world, quality overrides a piece of paper any day.

I have had LOADS of inquiries. Molly Malones comments do not seem to be hindering the interest. Silly me, but I thought this was a giveaway forum. Not sure where her motive lies. Or she just has too much time on her hands.