The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

don lyke those baths too!!keep tryin to cover up my white spots to match the brown uns

[This message was edited by brilyntrip on Dec. 13, 2001 at 09:31 PM.]
    Brilyntrip

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I have engaged in de coup of thees new Mom's Computer. She be callin' me her cajun boy, and she be telling every'un how much she be likin' thees Cajun Boy, but I gots to tell ya'll that she be not treatin' me lahk the fine cajun boy that I be!

So I have decided to lay out the list of demands...

Carrot Gumbo every day. Every cajun knows this is lahk momma's milk. We be wastin' away without it!

Cafe Du Monde? Yes. Most 'specially that big sugar swizzle stick. Ya'll can be drinking that fine brew, just give me the swizzle stick every morning and I think Ah'll be jes' fine.

Cajun music and fast feet. Don' thees crazy woman understand we cajun boys just have to move our feet to the music? I do swear, if I hear her ask me to slow down mah feet jes one more time, I'm going to have to start stomping in Zydeco time. Even the Neville Brothers don' move as slow as SHE thinks I should go.

Swamps and Cajuns. And another thing... Don' thees woman know we cajuns was born in the mud? You hear her screamin' every time Ah come in lahk a chestnut horse, and you be thinking she has a problem with thees. I jus' don' get it!

But all in all she ees not such a bad Mom. Her cookin' skills are right sorry, but she understands Cajun Portions.

(sheesh... buy a Louisiana bred TB and never hear the end of it!)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

elyse Guest

Yo, Bill. This is your x-the-barn-aisle neighbor, Wish. Nice list. We can both benefit from the cut-up apple advice. You rock. Sorry, my German is verklempt, I'm too much of a QH/TB appendix to get the inflexion right. Keep up the good work, tho. You've got Corinne going in the right direction.

First of all, I want to say that I have no Polish accent any more, because I came to this country at a very young age, and have had many, many years to pick up the English. However, I do, indeed, think that all of these accents are charming!

I am very, very impressed by your Christmas list. You have done a very good job, for a German horse. (So sorry, but we Polish have a little problem with some Germans, none the less, Willem is obviously a very wonderful fellow)

However, you have forgotten one very important item on your list

PEPPERMINTS!!!!

No horsey diet is complete without them. Just have you nice Mom, Coreene, give you some, and I swear that you will never go back to plain old sugar lumps again.

So, young Willem, take care of yourself, and your Mom, and have a wonderful holiday season, complete with peppermints.

I hope that you will have a long talk with my Maddie (Proof Set) as she seems to be developing quite an affinity for sneaking time on our laptop and posting her lists of complaints.

She is annoyed with me at the moment as I failed to purchase baby carrots and gave her over large cooking carrots as a substitute.

All in the Christmas spirit, she is getting a lovely surprise but has been stamping her precious hooves and demanding that the presents appear early.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Dear Willem,

I am so happy that you haff written. I be a German Princess (I know becuz I have verry long and beyoutiful ears).

I haff stollen my slave's - er, human's (yu haff to humer them) computer so I kan thank you for yure elokwent post (how dare mi sl -human- think thet I kannot spell).

Karrotten keep us red marz shiny. Sugar kubes keep our teeth white.

Must go now - I am beginning to drool and my sl - human - is screming that I will ruin the keebord.

Chrissy (the German Princess)

This, it be wot I mean about der ugly ass clothes:

Ein big gelding, he be living at die same pferden-haus as me, he haff getted COW STUFF for ein early Christmas present. This, it be a verrie big insult. This gelding he be very large und he don't nott to want to look like ein stupide doll wearing COW STUFF. Like ein cow pad und cow polo wraps.

Mein Schatzis who haff sended me pictures wenn their owners they don't nott to be looking, I am telling you right now that I bist feeling der warm und fuzzies.

Ja, und I be wanting der Cajun spices off mein own fur die bran.

I haff getted mannie peppermints in mein day, but I don't nott to like them no more. Now I would rather eat ein whole bag off Werther's Originals. Mein sire, he beed Werther aber he be dead now, but mein real modder she haff telled me that it be named for mein father.

But I think she proberbly haff beed making this up.

I be a German horse und this be straight from mein mouth.
    ------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

This is the real Portia. My human took my name to use on her bulletin boards, but I'm the one and only real thing.

So, anyway, thanks for putting out your holiday list. You forgot one important thing, though -- Horse Cookies. Sugar lumps and carrots and apples are all great, but sometimes the dumb people forget to bring them. With the horse cookies, they can keep a whole big bag of them ready in the tack room for whenever we need them.

I understand you are friends with, or maybe even related to, my big brother Lucien. (Well, he's my older adopted brother, but I'm at least 3 inches taller than him.) He takes good care of me when we go out in the big field together (which isn't near often enough), but I can always use another handsome male admirer. A girl like me can't have too much attention, you know.

Anyway, you sound like a real gentleman, and so does Red Storm. I hope you both will be my friends.

Portia (the Queen)

[This message was edited by Portia on Dec. 17, 2001 at 12:48 PM.]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Only horses unnerstan this. Peoples they don't nott to unnerstan.

I loff mannie horse cookies und I be - for real - one off der official Taste Test horses for Giddyap Girls horse treats. Und mein photo, it be in their advertisement wot it be in Equus. I be der horse on die right, aber the photo it be distorted ein bit. Becose I don't nott to look as handsome in die picture as I do in real life, wot it be so handsome that it make you pee.

------------------------
    I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

Becose Lucien he be mein cousine but you don't nott to be related to me, it means you can be one off mein girlfriends!

------------------------

Mannie of mein friends, they haff Breyer horses wot be off themselves. I would like this as well, und so would die rest off us, so please call Breyer und send photos of us.

------------------------

(This is the real Portia again)

Ahhh, Willem -- another handnome admirer to add to my long list.

My mom keeps a file that has all sorts of pictures of handsome studs in it, for the day when I retire and maybe want to have babies. She shows me their photos and asks me if I like them, then tells me about their breeding and accomplishments so I will know if they are suitable for a special girl like me.

That won't be for a long time yet, though since I'm only six and just starting my career. I'm not about to give up my career to have babies! Plus, I hate to think what they will do to my figure. And I don't think I could jump nearly as high with a big thing growing in my tummy, so none of that for me, yet. Though they are cute things, sometimes, when I'm in the mood.

Just for you, so you can see how beautiful I am, here's a recent photo of me. I'm not usually so mean looking, really I'm not, but this was in a jump off and Jo was finally letting me go fast and I just wanted to save some time by taking a stride out and she wouldn't let me.

By the way, I don't have a Breyer horse made to look like me, but I do have a big stuffed doll that does, which is good.

Your new girlfriend,

Portia
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I bist verrie in loff mit you now! Mebbe you can move to California, where die weather it be nicer.

Loff,

Willem

------------------------