The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:

When do you go back to the ring?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not real sure, I will have to check with my financial advisor, the checkbook, and see what he says.

I had a fabulous show at Lexington this weekend. Got some ribbons in the Adults and then was 6th in the Classic. That show was one of the best run shows I have ever been to!!! I wish I could show this weekend some where, while I have this good momentum from the last two weekends. Oh well, my checkbook and my pony would probably enjoy a rest!!

Enjoy your 3 weeks of rest!!

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

KS - I understand I missed some fantastic food this weekend while I was in Nashvegas. The weekend for our point chasing didn't do much for us either. We will finish out 3rd in Childrens, I think second in Pleasure and first in Eq. Considering how tough it was to stay in the top three, we're pretty pleased.

Darling, you would have loved this place I went to called Denim and Diamonds. I will be scanning pictures when I get them back...me singing "I shoulda been a cowboy" by Toby Keith in the Karaoke bar. Very odd to walk around a bar and see every other person go by w/a cowboy hat on. We had a great time.

You're taking 3 weeks off? I am taking some time off to have my own life now and ride my own horse. And I think when we do come back out, we are going to focus on one show series and show like every other weekend like we did in the beginning of the year last year. This every weekend stuff is for the birds and I think we'll pour on the steam in July like we did last year too. I get a whole weekend in my own house this weekend!!!

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

A teeny question from silly me. Do many of the show facilities provide hand cream, hair gel, nail files, etc like Cedar Run had in their ladies? I thought that was a wonderful touch (having not only inside toilets but a CLEAN rest room impresses me)

My horses have been completely self care for years and it has been ages since I last went to a show that wasn't Middleburg or WIHS so I found the facility on Sunday to be extra nice.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

The Cedar Run facility really was so nice. The new lights, good jumps and clean restrooms were very much appreciated. I was most fortunate to be well fed by ETBW, but the rest of the show might like to be able to buy food from a vendor on the grounds. At this show no food was being sold so you had to either have brought it yourself or drive out to get it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kennett Square:
    I was most fortunate to be well fed by ETBW, but the rest of the show might like to be able to buy food from a vendor on the grounds. At this show no food was being sold so you had to either have brought it yourself or drive out to get it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALRIGHT ALREADY! So I missed ETBW's gourmet spread! Must you incorporate some little 'dig' at me about it in EVERY response? I mean, we could be giving someone advise on the board about braiding and you'd say, "Well, as I was nibbling on a homemade wheat thin with foie gras spread lightly upon it, I set my champagne glass down and noticed that the best way to tie up a braid is to....." I'M LEAVING FOR LUNCH NOW!!!

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Be comforted knowing that we did not do the Martha Stewart hoop-la, even used paper (well, Chinet) plates and the stemware was clear plastic to match the cutlery.

And I saw no one having to drive out for food, KS sent them all over to our little do! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Missy Missy APF,

You are getting a tad paranoid! I was speaking as a whole for the rest of the exibitors on the grounds. I believe you were indulging in mucho eye candy where you were. I wish I had the chance to be checking out the.....hats... was that what you said...hats...

Have a lovely dinner.

OK, OK...I'm calm now. Not that my sub from Subway made me feel any better. I plan on endulging at our next little horsie foray. ETBW, you're going to have to do a repeat performance.

p.s. Nashville gave me heartburn.