The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Williamston really needs a Waffle House!!!

Does anyone know who won in the Small Ponies or Pony Equitation? I had a friend riding down there and I am dying to know how she did. Her pony is Stop the Press in case that helps!

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Now that I think about it, it does sound odd that although I keep two bottles of Dom in my fridge at all times, I am also known to eat grits and drag race beat up Camaros. Doesn't that make me well-rounded?

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Sorry you guys had such bad accomodations. Actually I didn't know there were any motels in Williamston or Washington either for that matter. You should have gone to Greenville. Although that could have been a problem on a football weekend.

The worst I've ever experienced though was in VA! Orange, to be exact. That was in the dark ages when Orange was as close as you could get to Culpeper (then called Showday). Hair dryer blew a fuse including the AC, but we couldn't complain because we had 5 people and 3 dogs in a room that was supposed to have 2 people in it. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

The girl who rode Stop the Press won the pony Equitation. SHe put in a flawless round that was superior to the others. Her pony is darling and she truly deserved the win.

Anyplace,

I didn't realize how truly Southern you are. Grits and sweet tea..... they make me shudder!! I can take the sweet tea but sorry no grits for me. All the grits I've ever had made me gag. I am envious of your ability to consider them a breakfast food.

ETBW,

Where were you?? We needed real provisons!! My people did supply a tasteful array of food. But it did run out quickly, especially if you came late in the AM....hint hint hint Anyplace....Food mongers that's what we Cavallo folks are!! And alcohol never passed my lips the entire time down there. I'm ashamed to say this is probably the first time since I was legal that this has happened. Not to worry this weekend will be upon us soon enough. Plus I also appreciate your watching out for me on the BB. That bad Jair needs to have some sense sandblasted into him. I do not take kindly to men triffling with my heart and playing around behind my back when I'm gone. Woman have needs too...... and wasn't that Harold C's neck of the woods to boot??? I'm hearing strains of "Love is in the Air"...

[This message has been edited by Kennett Square (edited 11-07-2000).]

KS - Sorry to hear you didn't get your alcohol fix. You know, they sold it right there at The Filling Station in the coliseum. It was right there next to the Marlboros and the Skoal. They even had loose tobacco so you could roll your own. You shouldn't work so hard next time and take some time to walk around and enjoy the concessions.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

APF - Yes we were at the Days Inn in Washington, NC. The highlight of my stay occurred late Friday night. After getting lost on the way to the Motel, we finally arrived around 11:30 PM. By midnight we were settled in - or so I thought. My daughter decided that she couldn't breath tomorrows's air (literally) if she didn't get some sort of decongestant. So I ventured out into the black night in search of some sort of convenience store. I walked into the only open establishment and immediately knew that I was a fish out of water!!! This was not your mother's 7-11!!!! It was a convenience store/liquor depot/wig clearance center/tattoo parlor! AND they had a large assortment of oriental carpets for sale! Needless to say, I purchased my Nyquil and got the heck out of Dodge!!!

BTW Anyplace, I think I saw you in the barn when Kennett so graciously agreed to the tiara photo-op, but was not introduced (an understandable oversight on KS's part considering the amount of medication she was forced to ingest just to breath). I watched your student ride & thought it was a gorgeous round!

[This message has been edited by BlueGooPonyShampoo (edited 11-07-2000).]

I did find out that the reason they built that nice facilty in Williamston, was b/c it was built with Federal funds, snce Williamton is such a "depressed" area.

"Bob Martin" got the federal funding to build it in hopes it would give a boost to the local economy.

KS - I'm glad to hear you were returned home safe & sound. I trust all the ponies/horses made it home fine? Shall we begin making preperations for the final push this weekend? You say the word & we're there!!!

And to think that I missed the NC hotel scene to spend the weekend in upper east side luxury w/car service to and from The Garden . . . what WAS I thinking?

Well I've been a lurker for quite some time....but I'm venturing "out" to say that I distinctly remember seeing a well known poster, wearing a slightly tarnished tiara, sipping from a half empty clear bottle in the longing area - ha - sick day on Monday indeed!

Homer! I love it! Wait until KS sees this. She's been found out! I knew it...

AH Homer, Homer, Homer!!! Are you suggesting that our beloved KS is nothing more than the libatious reputation that proceeds her? I'll have to admit that I have not personally been privy to the shark club antics that have been described in recent posts ... but, she was on a mission this weekend: take-no-prisoner-points!!! I believe she fulfilled her goals and is thereby entitled to imbibe in whatever "release" she deems appropriate. Rest assured, she'll be back in the saddle again this weekend!!!!

Yes, off the wagon and in the saddle...

Ok, OK, OK ... You've got me laughing, Anyplace!!!

BlueGooWhichOneWereYou? We were stabled right next to you...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    BlueGooWhichOneWereYou? We were stabled right next to you...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I was stabled right across the main aisle from APF!!!!!

Inverness,

You certainly missed a weekend to be remembered!!!! I'm weighing the two ... valet parking & the Garden on the one hand, or our points-or-bust game plan in Williamston on the other ... hmmm ...

My daughter rode in Large Pony Hunter on Tea N Crumpets ... KS is our trainer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joliemom:
    Welcome to NC...proud state of some of the MOST ignorant horse people known to the equestrian art! Reason 1 BILLION to move to VA! ! Seriously, it is a nice state, minus a few 50 or so counties!

Sigh. It is true. NC is indeed the State of Ignorant Horse People. I guess that's why we've shipped in some ringers like Captain Mark Phillips, Bill Long aka the Godfather of Combined Driving in the US, and enough dressage trainers with Eurotrash accents that if you dressed them as clowns they could do the How Many Clowns are in that VW? routine. Otherwise, the natives down here would still be foxhunting on their big lick Walking Horses. Tallyho Midnight's Rackin' King!

Jane, born, bred, and educated in NC, thankyouveryverymuch
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, if you guys think NC is horse know-how deficient, try Indiana sometime. It was so good to come home to show with Virginians again. Even though the judging was...imaginative. I'm usually the first person to admit I didn't deserve a ribbon (VTrider can vouch for that) but I thought my horse did get robbed this weekend. And VTrider DEFINATELY was robbed in the stakes class. Unless there's some new rule I hadn't heard about that swapping off in one corner is worse than eating three jumps for breakfast...