The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

A great time was had by all COTH BBers this weekend at the VHSA Associate Championship Show in NC (ironic - huh?)

Actually - the judging was very bizarre to say the least. I will let Anyplace Farm and Kennett Square comment on that - then I will add my $.02.

Poor Anyplace Farm had a awful time getting to the show.

The Bob Martin Ag. Center is amazing - as nice or nicer than the VA Horse Center. If you ever get the chance to show there...GO!!

The courses on Sunday were a lot of fun. Kennett Square was wearing her tiara - I am not lying!!

I wore Duffy's shadbelly for good luck...I had a great trip, but the judge thought that a horse who missed two jumps had a better trip...No lie. The trainer of the horse that won even admitted that his horse shouldn't have won!!

Happy Monday everyone!!

A great time was had by all COTH BBers this weekend at the VHSA Associate Championship Show in NC (ironic - huh?)

Actually - the judging was very bizarre to say the least. I will let Anyplace Farm and Kennett Square comment on that - then I will add my $.02.

Poor Anyplace Farm had a awful time getting to the show.

The Bob Martin Ag. Center is amazing - as nice or nicer than the VA Horse Center. If you ever get the chance to show there...GO!!

The courses on Sunday were a lot of fun. Kennett Square was wearing her tiara - I am not lying!!

I wore Duffy's shadbelly for good luck...I had a great trip, but the judge thought that a horse who missed two jumps had a better trip...No lie. The trainer of the horse that won even admitted that his horse shouldn't have won!!

Happy Monday everyone!!

Glad you had a great time!! I am sure KS will fill us all in with all the news.... Did she wear her red feather boa??

Inverness, if you are out there - thanks for putting up a bulletin board on Shamrocks stall, I hear its very cute!!
    mizzwade

I only got to see the tiara - but she looked smashing in it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I too am looking forward to her recap of the show!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mizzwade:

Inverness, if you are out there - thanks for putting up a bulletin board on Shamrocks stall, I hear its very cute!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Mizzwade, news travels fast. I only put up Shamoozle's board yesterday afternoon! He's a sweetie to me when we play, so I thought he deserved some recognition.

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Well, I'm embarrassed to say, but woman enough to admit that I darn near ended up in Williamston, SOUTH CAROLINA on Friday night. Ended up in NC at a lovely 2 a.m. Got about 2 hours of sleep.

Yes, Kennett had her tiara. I, on the other hand, had designer luggage under each eye. By Sunday, my Clarins eye gel finally kicked in and I was able to reduce them to attaches.

Kennett was also kind enough to entertain me while I braided and threatened my dog's life from time to time while she lounged in her chair in our stall. The woman's humor is in everlasting supply.

On the judging: No, our horse doesn't smile when he hacks so he managed to squeak out a fifth in one of the Pleasure classes. His first trip in the Children's was darn near flawless and he didn't get jack. It was one of those trips where complete strangers clapped, whistled and whoop/hollered. Very strange. Granted, I agree with the judge on our horse's other rounds. We should have left him (the horse) behind to plow the lovely cotton fields of Williamston for the rest of his life for how he performed the rest of the show.

Did I mention the facility was off of Prison Camp Rd? Nice place but I was scared. The area kind of had a "Deliverence" feel to it.

We got to do a little drag racing. Our Suburban took some old Camaro that went 'blub-blub-blub-blub' at a red light. I couldn't resist. The whole town just brought the redneck out in me.

VTRider is just awesome. Put in some really pretty trips. And she just looked very fetching in Duffy's shadbelly. Shamrox (a new poster), who is w/my group, braided her horse. Thankfully, he has like three hairs for a mane because we got a little tight on time at one point.

And can someone please explain to me why it is that I can walk my dog into the lobby of the Ritz Carlton and go right up to my room but I have to smuggle her into a Holiday Inn Express?

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-06-2000).]

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:

And can someone please explain to me why it is that I can walk my dog into the lobby of the Ritz Carlton and go right up to my room but I have to smuggle her into a Holiday Inn Express?

[This message has been edited by Anyplace Farm (edited 11-06-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because dogs are not allowed in hotels in NC. I nearly had a hissy fit the time one of the mothers booked us into the Four Seasons instead of our old HoJo out by Sedgefield. I just could not figure out how I was going to smuggle the dog across that lobby.

One show in Winston we wrapped one of the dogs like a baby to take it up to the room. Until we met a Lab riding the elevator by itself. Don't know who pushed the buttons for him. http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/tongue.gif
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

Too funny about the Lab! We ended up sneaking my monster in thru the back door, which the front desk guy reluctantly told us we could walk thru. I put her in her kennel, threw a towel over it and used everyone else as human shields. Of course, she had to bark in the middle of the night. I came close to stuffing her ears with my wax earplugs but knowing her, she'd scratch it out and eat it.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anyplace Farm:
    [B]Ended up in NC at a lovely 2 a.m. Got about 2 hours of sleep...

Kennett...The woman's humor is in everlasting supply.

Did I mention the facility was off of Prison Camp Rd? Nice place but I was scared. The area kind of had a "Deliverence" feel to it.

VTRider is just awesome. Put in some really pretty trips. And she just looked very fetching in Duffy's shadbelly. Shamrox (a new poster), who is w/my group, braided her horse. Thankfully, he has like three hairs for a mane because we got a little tight on time at one point.
    [B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

APF - Thanks for those kind words - you must not have seen my first trip Saturday night - LOL. I was very happy with my stakes trip - glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was good. I was afraid I was getting dilussional or something.

Bless Shamrox - when APF and gang got to the show at 2am - Shamrox had to braid four of our horses that were in the pleasures. She did a magnificant job!! Yes, PK does have a thin mane, but he is going to Mr. Ray's Hair Weave on Thursday!!

KS provided me with tons of laughter!! Bless that woman!!

I too noticed the Prison Camp Road sign - that was eerie!!

APF - I enjoyed chatting with you - your student did a great job!! All your girls were very sweet!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-06-2000).]

VTR- Please tell PK that Hair Club for Men is probably going to be a more natural look for him.

Thanks for the compliments on the girls. They really are a good crew and I would go insane if they didn't know how to put up with me.

Yeah, looks like your Serio lesson (and all of your hard work prior to that) paid off! Putting in a respectable trip is always desired...you nailed it every time we saw you.

BTW- did you get any of the pictures from the guy at the photo place? Kind of disorganized in terms of how to find your pic...we saw one of my kid (CL) but our guy was a little uneven. I know he had more but there was no way to find your class. You had to go thru sheafs of proof pages for each day...kind of a bummer. There was one other guy taking pics from a real camera...did you get his name? I wonder if he'll send proofs?

APF - The guy who was developing pictures there...well I saw a total of 10 good pictures of people. The quality of his pictures were not very good IMO. Great for the little kids there though. I am sure he made a killing off them!! I didn't notice the other photographer. I hope proofs are sent!!

Where is Kennett Square...I can't wait for her commentary!!!

And yes...the Serio lesson was very beneficial!!

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Is there anyplace where the results are posted?
    Or will they be posted in a future issue of COTH?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bumpkin:
    Is there anyplace where the results are posted?
    Or will they be posted in a future issue of COTH?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe on their website...www.vhsa.com - but I doubt it... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Enjoyed reading the nice comments about my daughter, VTrider. I don't get to see her ride as often as I would like, so, it is great to hear about her and P.K. through the B.B.. She is indeed lucky to have so many wonderful and supportive friends in "hunter land". I spend most weekends in race and steeplechase world, as I did this past Sat. running two at the Montpelier Hunt Races in Orange Co., Va..

VTR - Thanx 4 the braiding compliments! i dont think ive ever braided a horse so fast in my life.

That show was pretty fun actually, minus the strange judging... imo haha!! There were a lot of cute lil ponies running around too.

The drag racing was pretty funny... i had to hide under the seat for that. haha jk!

We almost got out to touch the cotton bales too... prettttttty funny... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

O yea and im retarded - hahaha i told VTR & APF that my username was shamrox... i must have done that for something else? http://www.chronofhorse.com/ubb/confused.gif
    haha sorry about that

I agree that the Bob Martin Agricultural Center was awsome - even better than the facilities in Lexington (on a slightly smaller scale). Although, I wasn't thrilled with the motel accomadations in nearby(??!) Washington, NC. Did anyone else have to stay out there? It proved to be a tough neighborhood around midnight Saturday night. In an effort to express displeasure with the occupants of the room next to me, local revelers hurled large items at the motel room door and window (they missed the intended target; hitting my room instead) Pretty scary stuff especially when you have your child in the room with you!!! We WON'T be back!

APF was right-on in describing the area as having a "Deliverance" feel ... perhaps that's why Kennett Square was reluctant to don her feathered boa - having the appearance of a bird of prey is not the look one should strive for in Williamston were supper is only a gunshot away! The tiara however, was lovely!! Not too gaudy yet oozing just enough in-your-face attitude so as to put the "usual suspects" on notice. All in all, a productive weekend.

Where is Kennett Square - someone needs to make sure she provides us with an entertaining commentary!!! Inverness...can you handle this?

I believe Miss Kennett Square is relaxing on Monday after her exhausting weekend in the hinterlands. She is scheduled to return to the e-world on Tuesday and I'm sure she'll provide a troubadour's tale of her many adventures!

Hold on to your tiaras, ladies, she'll be back!
    ----------------------------
    "Riding is a complicated joy. You learn something each time. It is never quite the same, and you never know it all."
    --Monica Dickens

I have no doubt that Kennett Square will be posting soon in an effort to provide the in-depth humorous comentary that all you COTH BB'ers are craving. It is quite possible that she's suffering from a slight case of tattoo-envy ... were you aware that Washinton, NC is home to one of the finest tattoo establishments in the Southeast?

Ruh Roh!!!! Problems with the COTH server ... I'm in twice - sorry!