The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

There is a clinic in the spring with Thomas Ritter. Anyone have any feedback? He sounds very classical.

If anyone else is interested,
    contact dianabeuchert@erols.com for more info

[Note: This message has been edited by Melinda]

There is a clinic in the spring with Thomas Ritter. Anyone have any feedback? He sounds very classical.

If anyone else is interested,
    contact dianabeuchert@erols.com for more info

[Note: This message has been edited by Melinda]

He is very classical. I signed up for the clinic today. Diana said it was full already. Dr. Ritter also hosts a Classical Dressage Mailing List and has a website. http://www.classicaldressage.com
    Proud adopter of Win
    http://www.defhr.org
    Days End Farm Horse Rescue
    Protection for Horses - Education for People

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Advertising isn't allowed on these sites. You can pose a question, but don't try to hide a blantant bit of advertising behind that guise. It insults the intelligence of those who share information out here. We aren't naive.

[This message has been edited by Velvet (edited 11-17-2000).]
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

It wasn't my intention to advertise but merely to say the clinic was full, and in fact I was told it was full before the time stamp on horse chick's message. Sorry to have insulted your intelligence.
    Proud adopter of Win

Rescuemom,
    I think it is horse chick, not you, that is being accused of advertising.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Chill out Velvet!

I want to audit this clinic. I'm not advertising as I am in no way connected to this clinic(I too read Erin's post about advertising). Just wanted some feedback from those who rode with Thomas Ritter.

It's pricey to audit & will be a 4 hour drive to get there. It would be a waste of time & money if he wasn't worth it.

rescuemom,
    sorry you were slapped on the wrist for my so-called "blatant advertising"! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] So you will be riding in the clinic? I might get to see you ride. It's great to have more classical trainers available! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

horse chick, yes I'll be riding on Sunday. I hope to be able to audit a bit on Saturday as well but don't know how the timing will work out. The clinic is only 20 miles from me. Feel free to drop me an e-mail.
    Proud adopter of Win

Middleburg, VA USA via Turks & Caicos Islands, Caribbean

[QUOTE]Originally posted by horse chick:
    [B]There is a clinic in the spring with Thomas Ritter. Anyone have any feedback? He sounds very classical.

Remember -- No advertising! You may email the details to individuals asking for more info.

Thanks!

I've heard nothing but good things concerning the afore mentioned clinician [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. Am considering auditing myself.
    gwynne

sorry, i don't care for this clinician, though i know most people like him.

slc, can you say what you didn't like? You know I'm not asking you to trainer-bash; I'd just like your perspective.
    Proud adopter of Win

on another bb we have a convention that only positive comments are posted on the bb and that seems to work out well. negative comments are kept to private email.

Thanks so very much for pointing that out, slc.
    1. We aren't on That Other Board, are we?
    2. I didn't ask for negative comments, but merely your perspective. Does your response mean you have no input on T. Ritter except for bashing?
    3. You have my e-mail address, and could have said something privately, instead of coming across as though you were imparting some special wisdom.
    Proud adopter of Win

Oh please! Have pity on your poor, exhausted moderator, who's bosses have suddenly realized that it is the last month of the year and they had better get everything shipped that they possibly can and on the books.

Let's not get into any disagreements about TOB. 'Tis the season of good cheer!

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Rescuemom--how in the world did you come to the conclusion that I was yelling at you? Guess you read something other than what I had posted.

It was horse chick that I was telling off, and as you can see by the moderators comments, they felt the same way.

Horse Chick, if you'd only posted your question and not the link, I wouldn't have gotten my undies in such a tight wad. I'm just tired of everyone come right up to the edge and pushing one toe over when it comes to breaking rules. It always seems to be that people think that axiom about it being easier to "beg for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission" is the way to live in this sad, tired world. So, I jump up and scream "foul" when I see it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Velvet (edited 12-05-2000).]
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

rescuemom, i don't think i'll respond to you by private email. you sound so angry and nothing has even been said. i think you're jumping to conclusions and trying to pick a fight. i'll bow out.

I would think that most people could appreciate Thomas Ritter's website about classical dressage. It is a fabulous website with an amazing amount of information. I know if I hadn't already bookmarked the site, I would have been greatful for someone mentioning it. Isn't that what this bb is also about, providing information? Gee, I thought it was.....

Guess it's all probably a bit of Merry "Flaming" Christmas....

Off the topic, can someone tell me why we allow the retail world to continue dictating how and when we celebrate? I think we should all get together with our own families and celebrate on a different day, at a different time of year. Maybe we all wouldn't be so cranky. I mean, think about it. It's the darkest time of year and also usually the most dreary with all the weird weather. Why don't we celebrate it in the summer when we are all feeling great? Or in the spring when everything feels new? No one ever said that 12/25 is the real date...actually, they estimate it as being closer to July!

JMHO
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Maybe we just need some kind of celebration during this dark and dreary time of the year, to take our minds off of how miserable it is outside.

Velvet, I certainly agree with you about the commercialization of Christmas. This year, it kind of upset me that even the Salvation Army was out with their kettles shortly after Halloween. That is rushing it way too much.

I believe, also, that I read that many of the Christian holidays are set around pagan celebrations in the same time period. The assimilation of certain of the pagan traditions into the Christian religion supposedly made it more palatable for people who had converted. I think that there was a major festival called "Saturnalia" (don't count on that spelling) which took place at this period. Wassail, yule logs, etc., all were taken from that festival.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.