The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 89 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2771

Thanks Weatherford! I feel better at least having some news. It doesn't sound like there's been much of a change.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." D.H. Lawrence

SoCal: land of traffic, traffic, and more traffic

Ok, just a guess here, but the CAT Scan is probably going to be of his lungs to see if what they are doing for his lung is helping. I've had one of my lungs before, during a rather icky asthma attack, so that the doctors could see where the air was going.

Goobs--I put your number into my cell and I would be happy to call you this afternoon and tomorrow. So if you see a number from a 707 area code, thats me.

What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what its all about?
    What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what its all about?

Poor sweet baby! The liver is perfect now he just needs to kick butt on whatever it is that is pestering him now! Praying that they find out SOON so they can treat it and get rid of it promptly. How much more can he take? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif Thank goodness he is a strong baby.

Another Thanks, Weatherford.

I was starting to worry. I don't expect the labs to come back quickly as those cultures take a while (day or so?) to grow enough to determine, but I was starting to worry about the breathing issues and what seem to be digestive problems.

Sounds like those wonderful hospital folks will be working thru another holiday for our little Lionheart. My hat's off to them!
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

We did it! World\'s first buckskin & white TB born!

I would have called the hospital myself on a toll call basis, but couldnt remember the name of the hospital or the ward Aiden was in, and couldnt remember what page (if any!) all of this info was on!

THATS such a huge relief!

I honestly dont think Lisa minds if we call the nurse's station - thats why she provided the number for all of us and I dont anyone has abused that information thus far

"Spot"

The liver is working perfectly, that - IMO - is in itself wonderful news.

Now, onto jingling for the rest of that poor tired baby body!

jingle jingle!

~~~~Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check?~~~~
    **Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.**

Thanks, Weatherford, that was a very brave thing to do, and I'm so glad you were able to come back with news.
    Member, Equine Artist Clique

You're terrif!

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

You really are da bomb.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Praying but anxious...thanks for letting us know the update, Weatherford...

This little warrior is going to start the new year off on a triumphant note! He's going to overcome all of this and by this time next year, he'll be a healthy, happy little boy! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

God bless you Aiden, mom, dad, and family..
    Dressage: a process by which some riders can eventually be taught to respect the bit

Oh thank you so much! I will keep the cell on all day and wait. Thanks for your input as to collapsed lungs and the CAT scan stuff. I just hope there is no infection. He wasn't running a fever right? So that is great news and the liver is functioning properly - it's all good. Come on BABY - this is small stuff you can do it and get through!

You know how I feel right now? If anyone has ever watched a big horse race and you are on the edge of your seat all tense and you are screaming inside GO GO GO! Then you see YOUR horse inching up and fighting for the lead - and you can just SEE every muscle in their body just stretching forward, reaching and reaching. You can FEEL them fighting and finally you can't stand it anymore as your horse hits the homestretch and you jump up and start screaming your brains out!! As the horse crosses the finish line AND WINS you just lose it. That is how I feel. Aiden is my Triple Crown Winner, I know he is going to cross that finish line. I can see the determination in him, there is no other way out except to cross that line first. Happy New Year's to the Hawks. New Year New Beginnings - Aiden stay strong, stay a few lengths ahead and you will get there. We are all in the stands cheering you on. XOXOXOXOX

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PromQueen:
    Where oh where is Knowonder or Eqchick?

"A good horse is never a bad color." Anonymous<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm HERE!!!! Sorry to keep you all waiting, but there's really not much news. I have been at the hospital since 11:30 this morning, and here is what I've got:

Aiden is being sedated. Sometimes he wakes up and fights the ventilator, gets upset, and all heck breaks loose - his blood oxygen level drops, heart rate jumps, breaths/minute crashes, etc. etc. Last night they had to bag him three times. It was very scary.

There is a lot of fluid coming back - mostly concentrated in his lower abdomen. Ultrasounds do NOT indicate bleeding or leaking, but doesn't give any answer as to where the fluid is coming from. So, they are going to do a CT scan very soon (should be just about now). They were giving him some die through a GI drip when I was there, so that they can see where things are in the CT scan.

So, Aiden is very fragile right now, sedated, and having significant respiratory issues. All things considered, I think Lisa and Joey are doing VERY well. They are both positive and full of hope for what's coming next. I think anxious is the best word for their collective mood right now. They don't know what's going on, what's causing the fluid, why he fights so hard when he wakes up... they have just as many questions as all of us do.

More on a personal note in a later post - wanted to get you all info quick, and I'm going to change the title real quick, and do some "work" stuff, then back.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy...
    Which came first, the truck or the trailer?

Thank You Weatherford
    Tears in my eyes and prayers in my heart.
    Hang Tight, Aiden there is light at the end of the tunnel ,you can do this. Get Well Soon.

Tipper Guest

I am just catching up from Sunday, I can't believe how hard you are all having to fight. But we have to believe that things will get better soon. I have been thinking of Aiden and Lisa and Joey since I got here and will keep praying.

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, just hang on and fight hard!!!!!

Lots of love and happy thoughts

Thanks Eqchick for the update......continuing to jingle.......................

"A good horse is never a bad color." Anonymous
    \"A good horse is never a bad color.\" Anonymous

I've enlisted a really big gun...Sister Kathy Schleuter, our school principal, is now on the job with prayers on Aiden's behalf--God is really in the habit of listening to her! It's very worrisome to have so little to go on, but thanks Weatherford, it's better to know a little than nothing at all!

(edited: EqChick's post wasn't there when I wrote mine...THANKS EqChick!!!!)

MCL

Okay - I'm back. I'm going to try to address questions raised recently...

As far as I know, Aiden did have a high fever over the weekend, but I don't know what it is now. I have not heard it mentioned much, and have a feeling that his temp is back to normal, or a lot closer. There is general speculation (although cautious) that there is an infection involved somewhere, but they really don't know what's going on.

They are doing a CT scan of Aiden's tummy. They will probably do his chest as well to look at the lungs, but the main question now is - what/where is all the fluid from? They think the reason the lung collapsed in the first place is that there is so much fluid in the abdomen that everything low is puching things up, and his lungs are getting squeezed. One just succumbed to the pressure, apparently. They are trying to re-inflate, but I think they are going to be more aggressive with the fluid, hoping that decreasing the swelling and pressure will let the lung re-inflate on its own.

About calling the nurse's station, I really doubt they will give you as much information as you are looking for. They are all very protective of their patients, and always concerned about giving out information to anyone that's not a family member. (Even outside of immediate family!) Also, PLEASE be sensitive calling the waiting room (Weatherford - this is so NOT directed at you, I have no problem with that, I just really don't want that phone ringing off the hook with everyone calling.) The reason is that the PICU waiting room is filled with grieving families. They are all in there waiting just like all of us, and extremely anxious. The people who answer the phone are family members also waiting, not hospital personnel or volunteers. When the phone rings and you ask for someone, they just raise their voice and say "Hawk Family." There is only one phone line that goes in to that room, and there are at least fifty people in there at a given time that need it open. So - just please be considerate if you call. I seriously doubt anyone in here means ANY ill will, I just want all of you to understand the situation, as I know you wouldn't want to abuse the phone line unknowingly.

(Like I said above, Weatherford - that is absolutely not directed at you in any way. Trust me - I can COMPLETELY understand everyone's frustration!!!!)

So, please look here first, and post if you have specific questions. I really do want to get any information I have to you, but it's hard to remember everything. I'm trying, but if there's something unanswered, I can probably answer or get you one. Same goes for Sarah, too!

I hope this helps you guys, all of your support is amazing and doing a wonderul thing for Lisa and the rest of the Hawks - I just want to help you guys back if there's anything at all I can do.

I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE to post as SOON as I hear anything from them about the scan - hopefully we'll get some answers!!!

So tell me again how the 40 Hour Standard was created? I think my boss was busy...

Wanted to let you all know I met Tackpud today - she's on a plane right now on her way home after a good vacay - I'm SO jealous of her savage tan~! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

We had a nice time chatting, and I know Lisa appreciated the support. (Tackpud, she LOFFED the idea of making a trip up there once things get to the boring point. Maybe an early spring get-away?!) Even though she wasn't able to see Aiden, is was a very genuine thought to stop by and show Lisa she cares. I really appreciated it for Lisa, and hopefully Tackpud didn't mind having to settle for pictures! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

Good news, though, Lisa's mom brought up her digital camera so hopefully when it's okay Lisa can take some snap-shots to let you all see the little LionHeart himself. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif Soon, I hope - soon, soon, soon!