The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

But jingles, love and prayer from our family to yours! Stay strong, we are here and with you in spirit and prayer!
    and love, June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

Can someone please repost the qualifications for the living donors? What do they need to have to be considered?

thx.

jing jingle jang jingle

Please do post the requirements of a living donor. Does it start with blood type? I'm O+

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
    -- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
    *** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
    *** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I said my "expletive deleted" so loud two people stopped by my offfice to ask what was wrong. Hang in there Hawks. All our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Whenever anybody asks what I want for Christmas, I ask them to send a donation to Aiden's fund and sign a donor card. I feel so lucky to have two healthy children, asking for anything else seems greedy.

Still hoping for a Christmas miracle. Big hugs to all the Hawks and to Jennifer.

Love,
    Jane and Max

Where you never know what the weather will be--Kansas!!!

We love you Aiden oh yes we do
    We don't love anyone as much as you!
    When you aren't feeling well, we're sad--SO SAD!
    Oh Aiden we love you--OH YES WE DO!

Feel better soon sweetie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

\"My insurance doesn\'t cover PMS.\" --10 things I hate about you

So sorry to hear the news.
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Aiden, Lisa and Joey}}}}}}}}}}}

I was laughing at what someone said here in the office while checking up on this thread - the update wiped the smile right off my face. I know you guys must feel like slamming your fist right through concrete - well that's how I feel right now. Press on - this is just a tiny bump in the road. Please send Aiden all my hugs and kisses. I feel so bad for all involved; the Hawks are still in my prayers and thoughts every single day.

Still in our thoughts and jingles from NY!

{{{{{{many hugs}}}}}}

Where you never know what the weather will be--Kansas!!!

I say a lil prayer for you..................

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

\"My insurance doesn\'t cover PMS.\" --10 things I hate about you

OK guys--going to try and post the basics--if you want further detail, please email me.

This is the ideal:

1. Small framed female under 35
    2. Shorter rather than taller with a lean body mass (as little fat as possible)
    3. Type A or O blood
    4. No anti-depressants, birth control, hormone therapy, anti-anxiety, etc drugs

Again--these are ideals--if you want further info just email me and I will be happy to share what I know with you.

Thanks!

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"
    Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knowonder:

This is the ideal:

3. Type A or O blood

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm spot-on perfect EXCEPT I turned 49 yesterday. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I'll keep on donating that good ol' A positive every 56 days, though!

Oh, my donor card has been signed for YEARS...

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

I am too old, too tall, too fat and too drugged up.

Gosh, when you put the criteria together it really narrows it down!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    I am too old, too tall, too fat and too drugged up.

Gosh, when you put the criteria together it really narrows it down!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto what Coreene said - goes for me too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Hang in there Hawks!!

{{{{{{ H U G S }}}}}}

"I can justify anything!"
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

Best of luck!

It sooo sad what you must go through, and while i havent posted much on this thread, I have been praying for a donor for baby aiden for a long time. I hope that he gets the ultimate christmas present

Hang in there aiden, you are tough and strong, and we are all jingling curb chains for you!!!!

A classic is something that everyone wants to have read but no one wants to read
    \"I hope you will grow up to be gentle and good, and never learn bad ways, do your work with good will, lift your feet up well when you trot, and never bite or kick even in play.\"
    -Duchess, Black Beauty, Anna Sewell

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knowonder:
    3. Type A or O blood
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was OK until #3 & 4 - I have AB+ blood and I take birth control pills.

Geez. There's someone out there, though!!

*hugs*
    -Zephyr's Mom

http://community.webshots.com/user/sharon_kenney1359

http://www.ZEGifts.com

I match Coreene and Duffy! Now I feel sad. I think I'll eat another piece of chocolate. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I'm so sorry to hear that Jennifer won't work out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    It's good that he still has the PELD 40 though! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Keep your heads up and hang in there!! We're all still praying and jingling for you!!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ~Darci~ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the happy ending is just around the corner!

Stay strong, Lisa, Joey and Aiden! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

DRAT! I had been mulling over the idea of stepping forward for the last month-When I saw the latest about the nonmatch, I was going to volunteer. I was just about to ask the question, when you answered, and on the good side-I am a short under 35 female with type O. However, I am built like my bloodtype "O" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] and birth control is the only thing that makes me feel human. I can stop the drugs, but forget about getting skinny anytime soon-it took a long time for me to get this way in the first place. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

So-if you can meet some of the criteria and choose to try a grumpy short fat woman with type O-just tell me where to show up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I am sorry to hear that Jennifer is not a match. I am still jingling and I hope there will be good news soon!

Anna Quindlen's column in Newsweek this week is about organ donation! Hopefully she can inspire some people.

Courtney