The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 42 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Here's a good link from the Red Cross that gives a lot of information about the basic criteria for being a blood donor:

American Red Cross - Learn About Blood Donation

Your local blood collection agency may have slightly different rules, but this should give you a general idea.

(Be strong, Aiden... kick! kick! kick!)

Come on, Aiden, you can do this!! You can beat this one!

So good to hear things looking up!

All I want for Christmas is for this to all work out for the best!!!

JIngle, jangle, talkin' to my angels, as well. You all are in my thoughts, constantly.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Still praying constantly for Aiden and his family - your strength gives me strength.

Blood donations - I am an every 8wk donor. Yeh it's not the most fun thing to do, but what more can you give then the gift of life. If you've never donated, do it - you'll feel wonderful for it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*Ride and let ride...*
    *Ride and let ride...*

Just talked to Lisa--she is sitting in the PICU waiting room with tackpud (I told her I was very jealous since she got to go back and see him) ANYWAY--the good news is--Aiden is no longer yellow--at all! Lisa said he is pale as a ghost with pink lips and rosy cheeks!!!!!!

He is also having to receive paltelets by transfusion--Lisa is checking into how to donate blood for Aiden but the others are right in that you can help out by donating anywhere and boosting the supply!

The doctor's are being CAUTIOUSLY optimistic--Lisa and I know that this liver is going to work--no doubts--we both feel he has turned a corner and will keep fighting--we just have to get that fluid dissiapated for now.

He is also being ultrasounded as we speak to check the blood flow through the portal vein and the liver. As soon as she calls with the results I'll post them.

You guys are awesome--WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"
    Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

I have been silently following this thread for some time now... and I can't control myself any longer.

GO AIDEN GO! C'mon little guy you can do it!

Half of Riding is 30% mental ... no wonder there are so many bad riders [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I too have been following this with a constant stream of happy tears!

To the family who gave the greatest gift-my deepest condolances and hearfelt thanks.

To Aiden, Lisa and Joey-you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Keep fighting little man! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Funbonnets.com

You can do it Aiden!!!! Jingle, jingle, jingle.

Don't take life so seriously...it's not permanent.
    Hindsight bad, foresight good.

GOOOOOOOOOO LIVER!!!!! Yipeeee!

I bet he looks fabulous in pink.
    \"If mamma ain\'t happy, ain\'t nobody happy\"

Pink is your color, Aiden! And Knowonder-woman, solid gold is yours!!

go liver!
    go liver!
    go liver!
    yea liver!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am type A-Blood, young and I have a great immune system!! I always donate blood and it is about time to do it again. I would love to help! I wish so bad I could come down there. I am completly familyless for christmas anyway...might as well spent it in a place I know there is plenty of love~~

**Courtney**

"I may not agree with what someone has to say, but I will die for their right to say it" every American

[This message was edited by Court@HJ-OH on Dec. 23, 2002 at 10:33 AM.]

I absolutely BELIEVE Aiden is going to the upstairs room IN THE HOSPITAL and plan to send a card and whatever else is permissible.

Is it possible/ a good idea to send a card to the family of the child whose liver gave Aiden his chance?

I know we have talked about acknowledging them and their child...I also know that they may not want strangers to intrude on their grief..

As for the news this morning...this is going to be a roller-coaster for a bit longer--after all, this isnt a simple surgery-- but, ahem,

GO BABY AIDEN

GO GO GO!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY LIVER!
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

Go Baby Aiden! You are a wild little man! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    I have a huge problem when it comes to giving blood..it makes me so violently sick... I almost always pass out. Plus I just got a tattoo a few months ago so i'm not eligible... However, My school has a blood drive every year and I am a HUGR volunteer for it!
    I can't wait for more updates!
    ~Steph

*Tapestry* 2000 Dutch WB mare by Contango
    *Desperado* 1998 Dutch/TB gelding by Glendale
    *Blazin' Magic* 2000 Welsh/TB gelding by Hollering Hills Little Prince
    Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Prove it....Otherwise, you're just coming off as a whackjob.
    Founding member of the "Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine" Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kryswyn:
    Ditto all the folks who said "I'm not the praying type", but after this latest round of Roller Coaster Riding I felt it was time to get out the personal Angels. So I asked my Dad (d: 11/4/86) and Mom (d:3/17/92) to go stay by Aiden. I told them that he was sick and needed their strength. I told them that they had been great parents to me and Aiden had great parents. I told them Aiden needed Lisa and Joey the way I'd needed them. I have no Idea what Aiden's room looks like, but I can tell you folks there are a bunch of angels there. I had a very clear picture of a crowded room, filled with young and old, of all colors and sexes. They are there for Aiden. And all of them (who knew they all rode?) were saying the same thing:_KICK ON AIDEN! KICK ON!!_

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kryswyn, what a wonderful thought.

Thank you.

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

You are busting through these obstacles with ease, you keep going!

I have A+ blood and donate every few months (our building has a blood drive every few months so it's easy for me to go on a lunch hour and last time I just had to have that George Foreman grill). Would love to donate just for Aiden if and when he needs it.

I am also an organ donor and when the time comes that my organs can be used, well I will be in heaven (or wherever God has me going) cheering on the recipients like mad!

Okay Aiden so remember kick butt with that pneumonia don't let those nasty pneumonia bugs come close to you, show your mommy and daddy what you are made of.

I am at work and this screen will be up all day. Praying for you to get off the ventilator and into that upstairs room. Praying for Lisa and Joey to keep their strength.

Thank you Eqchick, Knowonder (and tackpud, I am so jealous too! but thanks) -- Thanks to all of you for being the point people for everyone on this thread. I have had such a headache because I am so worried; but I am so damn happy too at the same time. Still praying very hard. Love and kisses.

Go Aiden go!!!!!!!

Oh this is so exciting... I've got all my digits crossed, my toes crossed, and both my pelham chains jingling constantly. And I'll wear my rythym beads today when I ride, too. WOOHOOOO!!!

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

This is the most wonderful gift- NO question from GOD himself.

I am sure Pink will be your favorite color from now on Lisa!!

Aiden- We all LOVE you and are PRYAING for you. You deserve a LONG life. You have so many friends and loved ones pulling for you. The worst is over. You have made it!! Wait till we get to squeeze those little pink cheeks!!!!

Happy holiday's- I am sure this one will be the most wonderful of them all- even if the most stressful, it will be the one most remembered and appreciated. The gift of life is unreplacable- you have been given that gift. What a blessing.

Cherish every day.

www.GoldenVentureFarm.com
    Standing: "Maxamillion" Buckskin tobinao ASB/DWB cross. No Samber lines.

I too have been silently following this thread with tears running down my face throughout the weekend. This morning's update made my Christmas! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jingling with my fingers crossed here too!

Libby
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

I had the most amazing dream last night.

I dreamed I was at a horse show. It was spring, one of those golden spring mornings that is just warm, but not too warm. The sun was very bright, and glinting off the coats of all the stunning horses who were prancing to and from the arenas.

But the horses weren't my focus at this show. I was walking with purpose up a hill to where a large group of people were gathered. The group seemed to grow larger as I made my way up the hill, and the hill seemed to take so, so long to climb. As I got closer, I could hear soft laughter, and I could see bright tears glinting in the sunlight.

I didn't recognize a single face, but when I arrived the group took my hands and gathered me into its tight circle, and I felt so much love and caring among them. And then I could see the focal point of its attention. There at the center of the group was a woman and small boy of three or so.

And the woman said, "Show them your tummy...can you show them the place where doctors put in extra love and strength when you were just a little baby?"

And the boy, amazingly comfortable to be being stared at by so many pairs of eyes, grinned and pulled his shirt up to show the place where doctors had put in all our love and strength.

I woke up smiling.

Fight Aiden, fight hard.

Emily
    "It's not a perfect world....But it's still good to be alive! If you don't know by now, you'll probably never understand the way it feels to wanna live....One Perfect Moment!!"

ALL the time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep up the great work, Mr Liver! We are all rooting for you!

In the words of Steven Tyler..."Pink is my favorite color..."