The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

and crying my eyes out. This liver just needs a kickstart, it's just getting warmed up and when it's all revved and ready to go, watch out world! Aiden is a HAWK and Hawks are at the top of the food chain. Like a Hawk, he is strong and beautiful and with such lust for life. A life that he has tightly gripped in his magnificent shiny talons, it's not going anywhere. He is fighting and he will win, end of discussion!

Sarah - those pictures, had me blubbering all over again. Gosh, how can we ever thank you for taking the time to update all of us and yes you are very beautiful on the outside as well as the inside. What a smile of pure joy while you held Aiden - one can feel the happiness and love jump right out of that picture. It was very infectious;

and Lisa and Joey - your only job is to be right next to that little fighter of yours, to stroke him and love him and sing to him - trust me God will take care of the rest. Lisa for you to post an update blew me away, I feel like we are ALL really family in a weird sort of way. Thanks for knowing we really care and love you and Joey and of course Aiden (who will have a slew of visitors from this BB for the next 2 years after this ha ha!)

The power of prayer is incredible, I've seen it work many times. God is right there, you just need to talk to Him and when He answers you need to listen real hard because He whispers.

Aiden has been in my thoughts all day. I was decorating the tree with my daughter and I just started to cry and cry and cry - uncontrollably and I AM NOT A CRIER! I've been accused of always masking my emotions and here I was blubbering on and on. I have been so frustrated like I want to DO something to help but there is nothing I can do. I only felt this way one other time and that was on 9/11.

I love you guys and Aiden I am sending you a trillion butterfly kisses and I have a special request in to Jesus for you - I truly have no doubt that you will pull through this with flying colors. These posts of support are so beautiful and I know that one day Aiden will read them all over and over again.

Love you very much Aiden, rest tonight and let that liver do it's thing. And thank you God for granting all of us our Christmas wish - still praying until he's home safe and sound and then still praying some more. Can't wait for new pics of little Aiden all pink and healthy.

Just checking in. Jangled curb chains all day for Aiden. The labs are headed in the right direction. With all of this positive energy, they have to continue downward!

Awwww.. the little baby boy is a big tiger inside.

You and your family have all the strength in the world.

I asked my grammy to go and whisper in little baby Aiden's ear and tell him what a lovely boy he is and how much everyone loves him.

Best of luck baby Aiden. We're rooting for you and love you very much.

(And now I'm crying. We need a complimentary box of Kleenex shipped with COTH [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

"We will not agree to war, unless you have spent the same amount of money first seeking peace" - anonymous
    I\'m old enough to know better, yet young enough to get away with it.

Just back from a family Christmas gathering. I had to leave at noon to get there and was away from the computer all day. As soon as I got home I checked for an update -- and pretty soon my husband and mother-in-law (who is here from St. Pete for the holidays, Lisa!) were looking over my shoulder to see what was going on. Now these are two wonderful people who are not at all savvy about BBs -- but they've been drawn into this, too!

What an outpouring of love and concern. This IS what Christmas is all about. Sometimes it gets lost in all the rushing around and shopping, but I really feel it here. Thank you all for this gift of fellowship that we've given one another.

I've never been very good at praying (as others have indicated as well). Maybe it's because I'm an
    Episcopalian and we have such beautiful prayers already written out for us in the Book of Common Prayer that it's hard to be spontaneous. Well, I can thank you, Aiden, for helping me be more comfortable in my conversations with God. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

May He watch over you tonight as you sleep and give you the strength to heal and the knowledge that you are so loved, little one. Sweet dreams!

For anyone out there feeling frustrated that they can't do anything "concrete" to help, I have a suggestion. First, make sure you are an organ donor (this is not as simple as it might seem in some states. Go to the local ER and ask them what you need to do. And then do it!). If you've already done that, consider donating blood. These simple acts save lives every day -- and yet only a tiny fraction of people choose to do them.

With everyone on the board sending their best wishes and strongest prayers for Aiden, it sure won't hurt to build up a little "good will" with the powers that be!

My prayers are with the Hawks, and with the family who made the decision to save Aiden when they lost their little one. With strong, brave parents like that it is sure to be a perfect liver!!
    www.symranch.com
    TB Sporthorse Sales and Breeding

does Aiden need any blood? I have about 30 pints on credit with the Red Cross, I'd be happy to have that applied to Aiden. Not much but it is something.
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Kryswyn, what a fabulous idea. My Mom, who has been gone for almost 8 years now, will certainly lend her lovely spirit to baby Aiden. She was not only kind and loving -but one h*ll of a fighter, too. She's a good one to have on his side!

With many jingles of love and support from all of us!!

kick on!

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
    Oscar Wilde (1854–1900)
    \"It\'s a funny thing about life: If you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.\" ---W. Somerset Maugham

The last what I read yesterday night were the news of the not too good blood work.

But now: The Liver starts to work ! Keep on going liver and Aiden !

Thinking about you and wishing the very very best !

Alexandra

I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC

http:/alexandra-fischer.bei.t-online.de
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    2015: Filly by Likoto- Florencio - Prince Thatch and filly by Edward - Sandro Hit - Rouletto

Been away all day and missed all of this. I'm glad the new liver is starting to work!! I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts tonight!

Hang in there, you can do it Aiden!!!!!

And had to check on this site (of course after giving my parents a big hug hello).

All that time on planes allowed plenty of jingles from me (but I think the noise annoyed the people trying to sleep [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img])

Keep fighting little man. Ammonia out, fully functioning liver in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Alixe

Woke up thinking of Aiden and logged in to see if there were any further updates. This COTH group is amazing.
    I'm going to go pray. Love to all.
    June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

Sarah, my daughter and I are watching this journey unfold with an awe of the human spirit. I can't help but believe that it is the spirit of our horse family that also spurns our faith on...and this magical time of dreams and wishes coming true. Altho not a computer whiz, I have made a point to check in every chance I get...and selfishly, I have to own that this fight for Aiden and his family is allowing me to catch the spirit and true meaning of Christmas...and I am soooo grateful. God, and many angels are watching over the Hawk family, and we BBers' are collectively sending so much positive energy. I know things will be looking up very soon! Last year, I had my own battles with some serious health issues and the power of prayer from the community and the positive thoughts that we send your way, Aiden, Lisa, and Joey...they WILL get you thru. I know you are tired, lean on us! And keep on keepin' on! You are amazing! Jingling, Jangling, and praying! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~~~~~ "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other ias though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~ \"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.\" Albert Einstein

More dreams about Aiden last night--all good ones! This morning, more prayers that today will bring continued improvement and good news...all my angels have been called and are on the job!

MCL

Good Morning Aiden Hawk Support Group!!!!Just checking in before I go and feed the herd.
    It looks like another beautiful day full of promise and prayers for the little one and his family.

It's all in the details!!
    It's all in the details!!

Continued prayers for baby Aiden to keep up the fight!
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!"
    This Christmas story of Aiden and his family, his donor family, and his extended COTH family has certainly taken our breath away on many occasions.
    What an inspiration you all have been for all of us.
    Know you are in the thoughts and prayers of all of us for continued recovery.
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!
    Pine Meadow Farm
    www.kingandminchinbuckingstock.com

And such fabulous news to hear!

Come on, Aiden, you're almost there and we are pulling for you.

~***~Jingle~***~Jangle~***~Jingle~***~

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Both my mom and I have been checking in for updates.

Keep fighting little man.

Andrea

our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall
    Andrea

our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall

I'm here too wondering how our little Aiden did last night. Hoping and praying for him here too.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." D.H. Lawrence

Anxiously waiting for a morning report. How did the little guy do during the night? I know he kicked hard all night long with everyone egging him on. Hoping another lab tells us that the liver is revved up and ready to run......jingle jingle jingle.

Checking in..........

[This message was edited by Galloway on Dec. 23, 2002 at 08:12 AM.]