The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 139 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

RolexH and Knowonder here--we are done with the testing for today. Knowonder came throught the physical and the psych exam with flying colors! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Her CT Scan went well and we are still waiting for them to be read--as soon as we hear from the doctor, we will post it!

Knowonder here--
    If everything is good, we start again at 7am with the Arteriogram--during which they will thread a catheter through my femoral artery--that's right the one in my groin! Then they get to use an even larger needle through my side to do a liver biopsy. I then must lay perfectly still for 6 hours so my vein will clot properly during which time they will do an EKG, Echo, abdominal ultrasound and chemical stress test on my heart--yipee!

Back to RolexH
    We have the evening to ourselves so we are going to go out and eat at a fancy restaurant (if we can find one) then EqChick will be meeting up with us later in the evening to just hang out. sara nad I are like kids, we have this room with two singlebeds.. slumber party. Unfortunatly we get to wake up to a less than pleasant day.

Knowonder here
    Lisa is about to drive herself crazy trying to type and think at the same time--I promise we will post as soon as we hear from the doctor with the results from the CT Scan--I'm taking her to dinner while she can still walk and talk.

More later--we love you guys.

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

But damn me if you haven't given us our best piece of hope for Christmas. I love both of you and I will be there in spirit tomorrow! But not for any gross parts, ha ha.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Knowonder -- Good luck tomorrow! I've had most of those procedures performed, and really they aren't bad at all. If you have any questions, let me know! --Jess

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RolexH:
    Knowonder here--
    If everything is good, we start again at 7am with the Arteriogram--during which they will thread a catheter through my femoral artery--that's right the one in my groin! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get to get shaved. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I asked for a heart but they weren't interested in artwork. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I then must lay perfectly still for 6 hours so my vein will clot properly <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hence the advice to pee!!! I had a studly fellow pressing on me for 20 minutes. It was only fun for the first two or three. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Jingling madly with fingers tightly crossed that the CT results turn out okay.

I am jingling like crazy for you, knowonder! I have a really good feeling about this.

Have lots of fun tonight! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

brave girls - good luck good luck.
    Willem thanks for the song - now I will be singing it all night - and who has more fun than David Lee Roth?
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Those special moments come and go...a photographer makes them last a lifetime!

So glad to hear that day one went well! RolexH you are Wonder Woman and you have yourself a little Super Man! Knowonder you are just that...wonderful!! All my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight and will be until the results are in.

L~ Love for that special child
    I~ I pray for you
    V~ Victory is ever so close
    E~ Energy to pull you through
    R~ Richer is what you will be

God Bless The Hawk Family! You are in our prayers~ Bless you Knowonder...

Natalie
    {The Kimball Family}

"A horse is a horse of course of course"...This person obviously never met MY horse!

www.kimballphotography.smugmug.com
    ~*~Mom of the wonderful Nikolas aka \"Niko\"~*~
    **Proud member of The Colorful blinb-bling helmet, SCgirls, BGSGand the EquinePhotog (do we have one yet?) cliques**

Loudoun, VA (unless the new board raises taxes again)

Jingles, thoughts and prayer from VA! Here's hoping all goes well!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I don\'t believe in political jokes - I\'ve seen too many of them get elected.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

A little late on the fancy dinner recommendation, but go to CANOE!!!! (in the Vinings, on West Paces Ferry Road by the river - you can get to it from 75).

Another good choice is Blue Ridge Grill, right on West Paces Ferry and 75 (same side of the 75 that the OK Cafe is on).

Last but not least, Kudzu Cafe is very good, if not slightly overrated.

But every time I read the papers, that old feeling comes on;
    We're -- waist deep in the Big Muddy, and the big fool says to push on.
    Pete Seeger

Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

'Course, could be a touch of the flu, but I really think something big is happening here...

Love and many prayers to Aiden!

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

I am working late on a great night since I didn't have to wait until tomorrow for today's update! Go stuff yourselves silly guys, have a lot of laughs and sleep well. Knowonder, I knew I should have sent you a certificate for a Brazilian Bikini Wax [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] - I think I'm jealous as I haven't had anything near my groin in 2 years other than a saddle (and the wax technician, but that is too painful to count). OOH too much information. Anyway, praying for you both, rest up and we will all be thinking of you guys tomorrow!

so glad that I didn't have anything in my mouth cuz it would have ended up on my monitor screen here at work! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

AND... sooooooooooooooo hoping that all is good news right now! Keeping everything crossed while I drive myself nuts here at work! Thanks for the update!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 6 months down... about 5 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!
    *bad shoulder clique * Member of "OMGiH, I loff my Mare" Clique! * Proud owner of a CANTER Cutie!
    My Horses; COMH Page; My Blog

Best of Luck Knowonder, you are the dearest friend and may god be with you and make it painless. I'll be thinking of you.

Goodnight and Goodluck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So far so good! Not only did they call us and tell us that the CT scan was "perfect" but they also said they were able to see the arteries and they were the perfect size from what they could see. This is the most exciting news I have received since my son was diagnosed. I am eleated and have choked back tears all night. I thank Knowonder or what she is about to go through tomorrow and she knows I will be RIGHT there next to her through it all.

I am so excited we are past the CT. I know it is going to work guys! Jingle like MAD!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Knowonder here--
    I just looking forward to the bikini wax and the narcotic haze I'm going to be living in tomorrow! We start at 7am--Jingle jingle jingle!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

What good news! (and it's about time for some of that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )
    Extra big jingles for knowonder tomorrow!
    good luck!

Courtney

my journal

OMG this is such goooood news...... jingle, jingle, jingle..... for Knowonder Woman and Aiden (at home with Daddy)

Be strong you guys........ praying really hard now!!!

-Shannon (Canadian Eh?)
    Horses: Jodie (MardiGras) CLYDExTB and Spring (Evermore)ISH

I promised myself I would volunteer if Jennifer does not work out! Mr. Flash said I was nuts (with lots of 4 letter word inserted). But I'm still game!

Oooohhh! Jingling and jangling like mad for all concerned! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What a blessing this BB has been, in so many ways, for you all, but also for those of us who can know and vicariously experience this incredibly selfless giving and love.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

You brought tears to my eyes. I pray for Aiden and his family--I think knowonder qualifies--several times every day. I am so hopeful for you. This would be the most perfect news.