The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Prayers of peace and hope for baby Aiden and his family. May miracles be yours this holidy season.
    ~Re-Riders Clique~
    ~Midwest Clique~
    ~2004 Sucks~

I took my little boy to see Santa tonight (NOT a big hit with Evan...Santa's pretty darn scary to a 2 year old if you think about it!) and the little boy in front of us was a cute, active little guy whose mom and dad said he'd had a liver transplant about a year ago. HE smiled for Santa and seemed delighted--after what he'd been through a big bearded guy in red velour was no big deal, I figure! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I immediately thought of you, sweetie, and reminded myself to say an extra prayer for you and your family. I hope it's a sign that you will be getting your new liver for Christmas!

XOXOXO

"If you think your hairstyle is more important than your brain, you're probably right." Wear a helmet!
    www.deltawave.homestead.com
    www.seeliecourt.homestead.com
    Click here before you buy.

San Ramon/Castro Valley/Brentwood, California

As many have mentioned, we're in the season for miracles and they do happen.....God will ensure you all stay safe in your travels down this road of the unknown.....Jennifer is truly a gift sent from Heaven, of that, I am certain. May the postings here bring the Hawk family and Jennifer the gift of strength and comfort....what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled.

Praying for a Christmas miracle for Aiden, 'tis the season for miracles you know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We did it! World\'s first buckskin & white TB born!

"what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled."

We did have a few *black sheeps* in the family though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] that needed to be shown the door, but I agree - 99.99% of the people on this board are truly amazing and really get together when the chips are down.

You know - what goes around, comes around, and none of us know whether tomorrow or next week or next month we need support from all of our COTH extended *family*

"Spot"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bethe Mounce-Blasienz:
    As many have mentioned, we're in the season for miracles and they do happen.....God will ensure you all stay safe in your travels down this road of the unknown.....Jennifer is truly a gift sent from Heaven, of that, I am certain. May the postings here bring the Hawk family and Jennifer the gift of strength and comfort....what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Spot is right, we never know when one of us might be in a similar position.....
    I just read an article in the paper yesterday about a policman in the US who was terribly burned in a car accident while on the job. I was so moved reading about his courage and determination, and the love his wife showed for him, and thought while reading it how quickly life can change.... and none of us knows when or how. We should all be grateful everyday for what we have. And try not to get caught up in the pettiness of the everyday. (easier said than done). I think of you every day Lisa, Joey and Aiden.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Hoping no news is good news, that Jennifer passes each test with flying colors! (How brave she is, how brave you ALL are.)

Lots of jingles!!!!

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
    -Louisa May Alcott
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spot:
    "what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled."

We did have a few *black sheeps* in the family though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] that needed to be shown the door, but I agree - 99.99% of the people on this board are truly amazing and really get together when the chips are down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, always a "few" in the crowd! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I am just a person sitting behind a keyboard and monitor, sure, I know a few folks on this bulletin board personally in that we have met face to face, but what I find so impressive is that a group of people are banding together for a good thing who hardly know each other--meaning not many have ever met face to face. In this day and age of what goes on in the rest of the world, Aiden's Story, is proof that people really are compassionate and giving and supportive of each other.....this story relates so closely to the true meaning of the season. And while my heart aches for Lisa and her family, their story puts my own life in perspective. Aiden, in his own way, has helped me deal with certain family issues, shall we say? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And for that, I won't ever forget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You know - what goes around, comes around, and none of us know whether tomorrow or next week or next month we need support from all of our COTH extended *family* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely, we never know from moment to moment what will happen and we must never be afraid to share and seek comfort from virtual friends. Life is so very short and we must live each moment to the fullest and of course, eat dessert first! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

May we all find joy in this time of miracles and may we all be blessed with health and happiness for ourselves and our equine family members. This story resurrects (sp?) the good in all of us which really leaves me so reflective and humbled.

Every morning as I drink coffee and sit on the fenceline watching everyone gallop off to the north 40, I think of Aiden and his family and send a prayer up to Heaven.

Sorry, I rambled and got terribly philosophical....I tend to do that when my emotions are running high. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bethe Mounce-Blasienz:
    As many have mentioned, we're in the season for miracles and they do happen.....God will ensure you all stay safe in your travels down this road of the unknown.....Jennifer is truly a gift sent from Heaven, of that, I am certain. May the postings here bring the Hawk family and Jennifer the gift of strength and comfort....what a hell of a family this bulletin board has become. The comfort and solace one gains from everyone else is simply a miracle in itself...I am so impressed and so humbled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Spot is right, we never know when one of us might be in a similar position.....
    I just read an article in the paper yesterday about a policman in the US who was terribly burned in a car accident while on the job. I was so moved reading about his courage and determination, and the love his wife showed for him, and thought while reading it how quickly life can change.... and none of us knows when or how. We should all be grateful everyday for what we have. And try not to get caught up in the pettiness of the everyday. (easier said than done). I think of you every day Lisa, Joey and Aiden.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas my words don't adequately express my feelings.....writing is not my strong suit. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] We all deal with sad times or difficult times as we live our lives; Aiden's Story puts life in perspective---don't sweat the small stuff! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I draw strength myself from this story--helps to keep "me" in perspective. The auctions are proving to be so successful.....I want it shouted from every roof top all over the world what is going on here...stories about humanity and how us humans get our act together when one member is having difficulty is truly inspirational and gives tons of incentive for me to live my own life in a better way. Who would have thought a child would have caused me to rearrange me? Those here who know me personally and have met me, know exactly how stubborn I am and how pigheaded I can be......but out of the mouths of babes! Go figure! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

{{{Prayers}}}{{{Crossed Fingers}}}{{{Lots of Jingles}}} [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] SUZ

~~~"It weren't me...Booger done it!"~~~
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

everything is still crossed. (((HUGS)))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Show goals achieved & Sass is in foal! 6 months down... about 5 more to go.

We've got STANLEY! Wings Rock!
    *bad shoulder clique * Member of "OMGiH, I loff my Mare" Clique! * Proud owner of a CANTER Cutie!
    My Horses; COMH Page; My Blog

For not having a way with words, you sure managed to bring a tear to my eye. My dear, you summed up so many of our thoughts so beautifully!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Waiting for news about Jennifer, with fingers crossed and curb chains jingling!

xoxo

Bethe, I'm proud and happy to be one of those folks here who have had the pleasure of meeting you in person. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

More jingling and prayers for Aiden and all.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I just hung up the phone with Lisa. WE spoke briefly about the stuff going on in Atlanta and she asked me to post this update for everyone. It pains me to do so as I see all the hope and support and desire for there finally to be a match.

Unfortunately Jennifer was not a match. Her arteries are too small.

Lisa, Joey and Aiden will be heading home to Florida tomorrow.

On the upside they still have the Peld of 40. The two auctions combined are at a net profit so far of $31,000 plus, and Aiden's lungs still work fine, as I heard him in the background!!

Thats all. Lisa will try to post herself soon.

~Emily

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious never truly live at all"
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Where you never know what the weather will be--Kansas!!!

(that's not actually what I said outloud when I read the news, but I can't post it........)

And I thought I was having a bad day......Puts things into perspective.

Lisa, you and your family continue to be in my prayers.

"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?" --Steven Wright

\"My insurance doesn\'t cover PMS.\" --10 things I hate about you

Sad trip back to Florida.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    May the Almighty think of you too.

...WHY? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] This is so frustrating. (Though I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to Lisa, Joey and Jennifer!)

Do you hear that dull thudding noise? That's me banging my head against the computer monitor. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

And this is what I think about the no-match (edited so Aiden can read it when he's older): "#$%*%#&@* !@#&%^**&^$& $%^%#&^&!!!!!!!!"

Ahh, now I feel better. Lisa, I hope you are finding things to pound on (better buy a pillow for the trip home), and that you will soon feel your strength and hope restored. There is still that PELD score, and Aiden may yet get his new liver for Christmas!

Hang in there. Big ((((((((HUGS))))))))) to Lisa, Joey, Aiden, and Jennifer!

~Sara
    *Charter member of the GM Fan Club*
    *Member of the Dirt Divers 78th Airborne Unit, ATH Squadron*

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I'm so sorry to hear this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Jennifer - you are an angel to have tried. Here's hoping the right match will be here any hour!