The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I'll be one of the first to give merit to Peeps. But Peep salad? We're trying to make her happy, not sick. Thoughts and prayers, (and smileys)

Serengeti and marion

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

"The best time to kiss a girl is while she's laughing at you."
    \"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.\"

\"Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked and mercy I found.\"

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!"
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

Well, maybe if you sent her some of those valentines peeps I acquired... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*jangles curb chain*
    ---
    They're small hearts.

This is so damned sad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>First of all I would like to thank everyone of you for all of your best wishes.

I will try to give everyone as complete a history of the last week as I can. On Friday Feb. 1st Dina (Miss D) was driving on Donnelly drive and it looks like she lost control of the car and spun out of control, the car flipped on it's side and hit a tree roof first. No one witnessed the accident, but a passerby called 911. We do not know who called 911 but we would like to thank them for stopping and helping Dina. The jaws of life were required to get her out of the car and she was air lifted by helicopter to the Ottawa civic hospital.

She was in a coma from the time she arrived at the hospital until now. This coma is not medically induced, it is due to either her swollen brain or a brain injury. We will not know which one until the swelling goes down. They have put a tube in her head to help control the swelling.

Dina is in ICU and she is on a respirator. The respirator is only helping her to breath. As she can breath on her own but not to optimal condition. Visitation to the ICU is limited to immediate family only, when she is transferred to her own room we will let you know.

Dina has had several CAT scans over the last week , they have shown that there is some brain damage the medical terms are, Cerebral Contusion, Diffuse Axonal Injury, and a Midbrain Haemorrhage. All three of these are very serious conditions.

The other injuries she suffered were a dislocated finger, a large cut on her head, and lots of bruises and some scrapes to the back of one hand.

Since being in the hospital Dina has developed a fever and an infection in her bladder and lungs. These are all under control at this time and are not considered a concern right now.

Currently they are trying to get Dina completely off the respirator and remove the tube from her head. This will take several days to do. Today she went 4 hours with out the respirator and they were able to clamp the tube for 1hour and 20 minutes before the pressure got to high..

Once the tube is removed they will be giving Dina a MRI to get a better picture of her brain and to confirm that there is no injury to her neck, so they can remove the collar they currently have on her neck.

On Friday Feb. 8th Dina had two small operations one to put a tube in her stomach in order to feed her and a second for a tracheotomy to help her breath.

My wife went and picked up some cards from the stable today. We will make sure Dina gets everything you send her. Thank you again.

The family is spending a lot of the time at the hospital, so I do not know when I will be able to update you again but we will try to make sure someone will pass the information to this BB.

Everyday we are just waiting for her to wake up. I?m sure all of your prayers and thoughts will help.

Thank you again from all of the family.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks Heidi.

Come on D, we're pulling for you sweetie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<Post tie-back Surgery: First turn-out was a success!! No noise, and settled down quick [drugs did NOT work)>
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

Sending good vibes your way, Miss D!

Take your time and let that brain heal. We're all pulling for you and your family.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

another update from her sister Cyndy:

Hello everyone, my name is Cyndy and I am Dina's sister. I wanted to also send my thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and best wishes.
    I thought I would send along some good news that as of last night Dina was breathing on her own and was taken off of the respirator.
    We are hoping the drain on her head will also be removed in the next few days, she was able to hold her own for 6 hours with the drain clamped yesterday.
    She is still in a coma (not drug induced)and has shown no signs of waking up but every day she does not get worse is a good day!

~ if the shoe doesn't fit, that's not your shoe! ~

edit
    Last edited by Goodyfourshoes!; May. 20, 2007 at 12:53 AM.

Come on MissD!
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Thanks for the update, Cyndy.

Positive thoughts are coming your way, MissD.
    \"just remember this my girl, when you look up in the sky, you can see the stars but still not see the light.\" -The Eagles (song by J. Tempchin/R. Stradlund)

and sending strength to her family and close friends who need support at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you too.

~Kryswyn~
    "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Good news!

EMG update from her brother, Rob.

I just came back from the hospital and Dina OPENED HER EYES for the first time!!!!!!!!!
    They were only open little slits and they were only open for about 1 minute but they were open.

They did not open when we went back to see her an hour later. The nurse said it takes a lot of energy for her to open her eyes and we may not see her do it again for another day or so.

Will keep you posted.

Rob

Valerie
    ~VWiles02@yahoo.com~
    Valerie's home page
    My horse gets her shoes back on today after nine days off! She's going stir crazy!

Keeping the curb chains jangling for MissD- it's great to hear she's doing better!

*Formerly known as Seabiscuit*

That is wonderful news! Thanks for sharing Valerie! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Yay!! Come on MissD!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    -Megan

Wonderful news! Keep up that good work MissD. We're all pulling for you.

That is great to hear.!!! She is in our prayers!

**Courtney** and
    Jack ~On the Rocks~ PLEASE [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Momo ~Just My Luck~
    "It is hard to get by just upon a smile, baby it's wild world out there" Cat Stevens!

another update from her brother Rob:

Here is a small update on D. She was moved from ICU to an observation area on Monday night. Visitation is still restricted. She opens here eyes for a little while every day. We are not sure how much she can see if anything. Also she is somewhat aware of what is going on around her but not much. You could see in her face that see was afraid when they put her in the elevator.
    She had an MRI and they found no damage to her neck so they were able to remove the collar on her neck. The MRI also did not show any more damage to her brain than what was already found in the CAT scans.

She still has a tube in her head to let fluid out of her head. They are still trying to remove this but they may have to leave it there forever. You will not be able to see it as it will be under the skin and it will drain in to her abdomen.

Not much more I can tell you other than she seems to be improving every day by a little bit. But it doesn't matter how small the improvements are as long as they are improvements.

As soon as she is allowed visitation from friends we will let you know.

Thank you all for your wishes both on this BB, and the COTH BB and all those who mailed in cards to the stable.

We miss you D, keep going babe!

<< "Think of riding as a science, but love it as an art." George Morris >>

Thank you Tin!
    Best wishes still to MissD, keep improving!