The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dodgegrrl got me concerned with the post about Inwhycee's whereabouts.

Pick your brains for who hasn't been heard from. Try to think if they have mentioned in the past anyone who may know if our friends are okay.

They could just disappear from the BB and we would never know!

Inwhycee
    Teri Kessler
    Lily - moderator of the eventing forum
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

dodgegrrl got me concerned with the post about Inwhycee's whereabouts.

Pick your brains for who hasn't been heard from. Try to think if they have mentioned in the past anyone who may know if our friends are okay.

They could just disappear from the BB and we would never know!

Inwhycee
    Teri Kessler
    Lily - moderator of the eventing forum
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Not 100% sure, but .... TeriKessler lives outside the city and I don't think she works in New York, so she is probably okay. Don't know where her husband's firm is located, but I don't think it's in either of the towers of the WTC.

runs US Tobacco - I am pretty sure that its headquarters are in CT.

I just ran a basic search for NYC and Morgan Stanley and found that Trooper works in NYC and we had a guest here named Karin who worked for Morgan Stanley in New York I believe. I am trying to go through the "Let's Meet" threads and see if anyone else is missing, or worked at the Pentagon, etc.

Lily is said to be out of touch as well.

So scary. Hope everyone is well.

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

Trooper works on Broadway and 12th Street. She is fine. Since all businesses below 14th Street are closed right now she is not in the office, but her place of work was not damaged. It's a mile or more north of the towers.

Some more in the area we haven't heard from since the disaster:

nycitygirl
    VA

is in Charlottesville.

Do any of the moderators have Lily's phone number? Could someone call her at either home or work? Do you know her last name - in which case, we can search online directories for her phone number.

nycitygirl posted that she works in the financial industry.

What about HSM? She is from "somewhere in NY" and also has not posted.

I hope these people are okay [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I heard from Kt1900 this morning. She worked at 7 World Trade Center. She got out safely. Thank the Lord. She seemed real shaken up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America
    My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

I work and was 5 blocks from the WTC. In talking to people closer than I was, if they were not in the buildings than those people had a pretty good chance of being safe.
    Most of the telephone service is not working regularly, hopefully some people just have not had a chance to be in contact yet.
    I will be going back to work at the stock exchange either Fri. or Mon. I will be sure to express to my friends the outpouring of concern showed by all. In advance THANK-YOU.

We Kessler's are alive and well! I will mention, however, that Murray & I were in Manhattan on the West Side highway when it happened, and got an apalling eyeful while driving across the George Washington Bridge and down the turnpike. We were, of course, on the way to Leo's to ride Omar and Maxx. Watching the smoke blow across the sky, knowing how many innocent people were dying, was like standing outside Dachau watching the smoke billow out the chimneys. It was complete disrespect for the value of human life.

On the return ride home to Bedford, there were no towers at all.

Maria La Redola, a very sucessful younger AO who also rides with Leo, is a bond trader at Morgan Stanley, but was out of her office attending an appointment in Times Square. She and her husband are fine.

One more accounted for, lets hope that Inwhycee, Lily and our other friends and their families are all safe.

Oh, Teri (one R) Kessler, I am moist eyed and sniffling, I am so glad to hear another BBer is alright!

there could be a number of reasons why someone hadn't checked in....no internet access from home and office is closed, busy phone lines, IP not working....my IP server has been down since tuesday afternoon, is still out, I finally logged on last night via a different server, but haven't been able to retrieve email from my abest mailbox.

Let's keep faith that all will check in eventually. Despite the number of missing, I've talked to quite a few people who were in the two buildings when the planes crashed into it, and were able to get out. One woman in particular was also in the building when it was bombed several years ago, AND was on the LIRR when the mad gunman opened fire...it took place in the 3rd car, where she normally sits, but that day for whatever reason she ended up in the first car.
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

Well Jane, bless that woman's heart. Another Guardian Angel heard from.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

I've seen her post a few times on the A/O hunter threads, where I've posted, and noticed that (if I remember correctly) she lives in NYC ????

there is SOME Hope. Found out last night my cousin, who was working in the second tower at the time of the two plane crashes, somehow managed to escape with only bruises. He couldn't contact anyone until last night because there were no phone lines and his cell phone was, well, in the rubble.

**~~Emily~~** proud
    member of the junior clique!
    Emily@catchride.com

I am here - thank you for thinking of me. I have been too traumatized to even go online here.

We are north of the city but much too close for comfort at this time. My family is intact thank god and no immediate loved ones lost. A couple of close calls.

Does anyone know about nycrider? Irene? I know she lives and works in NYC I am scared to try to reach her by phone. If you know of her please post.

What about nycitygirl...I believe she is a relatively new poster and in one of the intros mentioned working in finance in New York...anybody familiar with this BB'er?