The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
    Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Okay, so I am utterly jealous that the CA clique holds the record, only thus far, for the longest damn thread in the history of this BB.

They need a challenge, of the kind that only frostbitten and hearty beer-panel-toque-wearing Canadians can mount. So come out of lurking, assume many, many alters and let's dish. We're goin' for the big one kids. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Okay, so I am utterly jealous that the CA clique holds the record, only thus far, for the longest damn thread in the history of this BB.

They need a challenge, of the kind that only frostbitten and hearty beer-panel-toque-wearing Canadians can mount. So come out of lurking, assume many, many alters and let's dish. We're goin' for the big one kids. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Add my fodder to the fire.
    Post number one. Not useless, someone had to get it rolling!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I can only help out until until 2 pm and then the kidlets and hubby race off to skiland.

Here's a question; what type of dog do all you bb canucks like to use to pull your sleds? Siberian, Malamut, a husky mix.

My personal favourite is the Canadian Eskimo Dog, but they're not a childrens dog.

Where is Balto when you need him.

undefined
    And God took a handful of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it, and
    created the horse.\" Bedouin legend

are the scurge of civilization. I can never get them to work.

How am I doing.

My preference is a team of Jack Russell Terriers for sled-pulling duty. With Sumo toddler perched regally atop in his fur parka, munching merrily away on a piece of whale blubber.

I rode with Deb Mccourt and Corky Panerisi. Any takers on that one?
    Anyone remember Baccus? He won silver at the 76 Montreal Olympics. He died a few years ago, but had lived out the last many years of his life here. I'd love to hear some feel good stories.
    I use a Samoyed, but the caution is their independnce and sheer laze. Been a long time since that breed was the first to the North Pole.. and I frankly, can hardly believe it!

Not bad, not bad at all LCR Scott,

But I can one-up you:

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

I could use Crosby the corgi for the dogsled ..... but we wouldn't go anywhere, he lies down when he's scared and the thought of work would definitely scare him! ... I could use Boom-Boom the boxer .... but she's such a princess she would want to ride in it ... that leaves Bing & Bong, the JRT's .... oh god! we'd go to every tree, under every fence and in lot's and lot's of circles!!! guess we'll have to stick to the golf cart, they all like to ride in that!

A blonde joke! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

A brunette, a blonde, and a redhead are all in third grade.
    Who has the biggest boobs?
    The blonde, because she's 18.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

What do you call an Alabama farmer with a sheep
    under each arm?
    A Pimp.

Heidi, really, its not even 10:00 AM here! That was sick [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Well, ok, I laughed anyways [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

I actually like to use a team of Saint Bernards, I found the JRT's just couldn't the barrels of my "cold weather joy" as well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Here's a really really bad joke:

How do you turn a dishwasher into a snow blower?

Give him a shovel!

hahahahahahahahahaha! Origianally it was give "her" a shovel, but I think it sounds better this way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well have to go check preggers mare and then go grocery shopping, anyone want anything while I'm gone?
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

I have the worst cold and I nearly lost a lung laughing at those and am still coughing uncontrollibly(sp).

Thank you.

stupid icons.

Horsey query.

John Pearce has a stallion named Air Jordan, who shares very similar pedigree with my favourite horse. Think the horse won the CT class last year for five or six year olds; I haven't seen him go, however.

So I'm a thinking I'd like to buy a nice mare and breed her to Air Jordan. Anyone have any thoughts - besides, don't do it Heidi, don't do it!

Here's the link BTW to the horse's 'bio'.

http://johnpearce.com/forestview.htm

Oh, here's another one:

How many women does it take to change a light
    bulb?
    None, they just sit there in the dark and bitch.

I used to have a Malamute/Husky cross pulling my sled, but he sadly passed away. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Now I've got a team of a Keeshond and a Great Dane. They don't do any sledpulling though, because the Great Dane would spend the whole time trying to run over the Keeshond. As for blonde jokes, I've got a few. How do you make a wind tunnel? Line up 15 blondes ear to ear. How do you know a blonde has been using your computer? There's whiteout on the screen. Why did the blonde get fired from the M&M factory? She threw out all the Ws. Ha ha, how was that for lame jokes? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I've got another question for you. How big is your igloo? Mine is quite modern, with running water and heat, and it's even 2 stories!

edit
    Last edited by Goodyfourshoes!; May. 20, 2007 at 01:01 AM.

Don't know much about him, although the pedigree is there. The "in foal" rather that "live foal" guarantee bugs me though. Might want to find out about that.

What mare.

[This message was edited by LCR Scott on Feb. 23, 2001 at 01:27 PM.]

if he was chasing a cat!!! Tie cat to end of lunge whip, and voila!! Load up the sled with kegs of Labatt's, and cases of KJ chard, and lets go play.

My joke: What do you call a cow that's just had an abortion?????

A decaffinated cow...

Heidi, I have a lovely broodmare for sale, but, if she's not gone by April, I'm planning to breed her to Kaliedoscope.

Any oppinions on him???

Heidi, thats an awfully high studfee for a 5 year old stallion that has a) done very little competition and b) has no performing offspring

For that price you could breed to some very nice established sires in Europe via frozen semen or using fresh/cooled to the likes of Feiner Stern or Zeoliet who are in the US.

The description also did not indicate his approved status with the different registries.

But he is beautiful looking horse
    You Strike Me Still