The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

especially those who want to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to help do the nitty gritty stuff! It would seem that things would be more organized if prospective members become members IN ADVANCE of the November 5th meeting....I'm guessing that the prospect of a large number of new members might not be greeted with enthusiasm in all corners, strange as that may seem. Status quo getting rocked and all that. If all new memberships are current and paid up before the 5th, it should keep problems to a minimum. Nothing wrong with new blood if you ask me; new members should always be welcome! What better reason than they care about participating in elections!?

Gwen--there are two "organizations" --one, the Long Island High Score Awards Association, is elected (mostly-- the whole process is in transition after a "colorful" dispute took up much of the winter and spring--do a search on Long Island threads and you'll see...) and the PHA, which all can join and are encouraged to join--there are professional memberships, associate memberships, and junior memberships. (Amateurs are not precluded from joining at professional membership level.) Meetings have been held this year at the New Horizon Diner just south of the Expressway on Rt 454 / Veteran's Highway, (guys is that Exit 57?)

As many persons that can become members prior to Nov5 will make thing run smoother on the night of ya know!!!
    Brilyntrip

Mary and Karin are correct. If you e-mail Ginny Rice she will give you an address to mail your check in ahead of time. It will make the whole night run much smoother! Her e-mail address is in her profile on page 3 of this thread.

I am glad you want to get involved gwen and all the others showing interest. Looking forward to seeing a packed diner Nov. 5th!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

THANK YOU!!! That's great..Sounds like SO MUCH fun..I can't wait!!! I will try my hardest to be there..It'll be great to meet some of you guys..just look for a lost 16 year old looking person with curly hair who has no clue where to go or what to do!! I am actually 26 years old..

Barb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    **BARB***

tinker Guest

Hi Gold Dust: I read the message regarding becoming a member at this late date and glad to know that I can still participate. I will send an e-mail to Mrs. Rice requesting membership and bring a check to the horse show this Sunday. See you there, we'll be having fun with Spy.

What show are you going to????? I could possibly do the same thing I guess!!

**BARB***

Thanks for the update, Gold Dust! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I had suggested to Mrs. Rice the other night that maybe she can bring some membership forms to the show this sunday (I wanted to join regardless of the voting eligibility).

Tinker, you've emerged from lurkdom!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

So which show are we going to????????? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

**BARB***

the show this sun is Hunter's Isle Ms. Rice will be there , I will too as will Ponyplr and Golddust so we should all meet ok !!!!
    Brilyntrip

Jane- wear your COTH hat!!!!
    Gwen- you know how to get there?
    Tinker- what's your e-mail address? e-mail me!!!
    Stevie Nicks

NOPE!!! Don't know how to get there yet....I guess I can just bring a check Sunday!!! I guess I will have to look for some COTH hats!!!!! I will be wearing a bright pink shirt..how does that sound??

**BARB***

Along with you know girls its October so... you know me I'll be decked out .... in PUMPKINS etc Hank will want to see what kind of Halloween sox I'm wearing !! SO Gwen you will know me by my Halloween attire ! yes Its obnoxious but I have small children ok?? Now to get there
    LIE (495) east (I am assuming you are coming from garden City ) to exit 64 take 112 north to light where there is a cemetery on your left and a sunoco gas station on your right ( can't remember name of road ) anyway at that light turn right follow road to light where there is a convenience store on your left corner. At that light I think it may be first or second light anyway at that convenience store turn left follow road to showgrounds on your right .Show will probably be over by 4 pm so get there early!
    Brilyntrip

Hmm...maybe I'll pack Hunki into the trailer and pop him in a warm-up....

am plnning on taking Hannah along with Gina and hahahahahaha!!!!!!!Beth is going to try to remember A low low jumper course.I am laying down bets !!!!If she remembers course I think she'll win!
    Brilyntrip

I'll be there early (MAYBE IF I CAN GET UP)....for the pony jumpers!!! Gotta watch that!! But I will probably be hanging around all day!

**BARB***

Just recieved a phone message[s]from Dick London. I have been asked to tell everyone that since he does not have a computer he will be at the show this weekend to answer any questions put to him.
    Stevie Nicks

not at all??

That will be one question I can ask him.....

Actually, looks like we aren't going to be making it tomorrow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Went up-Island to do an introductory course to being a Red Cross Volunteer today & only got to ride one of 3 horses for Dark Horse (in Bridgehampton) today--must do all 3 tomorrow, and possibly my guy as well...can't bring my guy to the show cause he's been R&R'ing a cut foot all week....tomorrow will be first ride, post -boo boo. What show is next week?

LilyBelle Guest

Next week is Salt River [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I met Jane yesterday at the show!!!! Yay!!! But I didn't see any COTH HATS!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I was busy RIDING TOO!!! Yup, you got it RIDING!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I can't walk today but that's ok!!!!!!!!!!!

**BARB***

brilyntrip was probably the one being followed by her weeping 6yo daughter, wondering where I was with my daughter....probably she didn't see my post above, and I couldn't leave a message on her cell phone, cause it kept saying to leave a message after the beep, but it didn't ever beep.

Deb/Mrs. R--how did the new membership drive go yesterday?