The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Well, so much as been going on lately I have not been able to post my usual update. Here goes....

Startig off with the LIHSAA ballot results. By-laws are finished. Tabulations are in. The current board as gone over it and approved it. The elected members are being notified now. They will be merging with the exsisting board to ensure a smooth transition and both can work together to clear up problems that need working on. As soon as all have been notified I will post the new board members. I would like to thank all who took the time to fill out the ballots. Without input from Long Isladers the proper job could not get done.

PHA meeting have been very busy and many important issues have been coming up. Horse show comittee has been hard at work. Yaphank is where we have decided would be the best place. The large schooling ring has been the main topic. All weather footing is the goal in that ring. Looks like we are almost there! Please come to the next meeting [monday, november 5th] if you have any suggestions or help with ideas. Any one with a construction company is really welcome LOL!

Dinner Dance is coming up. It is the 50th aniversary of L.I. PHA. We would like to do somethig with pictures through the years. The older the better. I need 8x10's to display at the dinner dance. Please, everyone look through what you have in that box in the corner of the closet and get back to me.

Elections are next month. President at this time is the only catagory where you the Long Island community will have a decision to make. Your 2 choices up to now are Dick London and Hanna Ruttiman. Any comments? Here is a place to view your thoughts. [until LIHSAA website gets a message board........oops,did I really go there!!!!! lol] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Let's see some activity here long island...
    \"Disaster is the only thing that I can depend on\"-
    Stevie Nicks

Well, so much as been going on lately I have not been able to post my usual update. Here goes....

Startig off with the LIHSAA ballot results. By-laws are finished. Tabulations are in. The current board as gone over it and approved it. The elected members are being notified now. They will be merging with the exsisting board to ensure a smooth transition and both can work together to clear up problems that need working on. As soon as all have been notified I will post the new board members. I would like to thank all who took the time to fill out the ballots. Without input from Long Isladers the proper job could not get done.

PHA meeting have been very busy and many important issues have been coming up. Horse show comittee has been hard at work. Yaphank is where we have decided would be the best place. The large schooling ring has been the main topic. All weather footing is the goal in that ring. Looks like we are almost there! Please come to the next meeting [monday, november 5th] if you have any suggestions or help with ideas. Any one with a construction company is really welcome LOL!

Dinner Dance is coming up. It is the 50th aniversary of L.I. PHA. We would like to do somethig with pictures through the years. The older the better. I need 8x10's to display at the dinner dance. Please, everyone look through what you have in that box in the corner of the closet and get back to me.

Elections are next month. President at this time is the only catagory where you the Long Island community will have a decision to make. Your 2 choices up to now are Dick London and Hanna Ruttiman. Any comments? Here is a place to view your thoughts. [until LIHSAA website gets a message board........oops,did I really go there!!!!! lol] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Let's see some activity here long island...
    Stevie Nicks

Well Deb, I couldnt understand reading your post that the voting for President would be the last paragraph of your post knowing that it would be a major issue, but then again I thought about it some more and it was planned good, because you definetly got my attendtion on it. Leaving the best for last were you???
    But I do think that we need to put a few more people up there, I can think of a few others who attend the shows that have a handle on the up dated rules and not ones that learn as they go. I dont want to sound so judgmental on this but it is the truth. I never see these people at the shows, you may as well add VETO's name to that list because there isnt one on there that really participates at the shows on a regular basis that would make me feel comfortable making them President, so if you dont know whats going on whats around you on a regular basis, how can you even attempt to make decisions?? So I hope the people you mentioned in your last post for Presidency dont get to offended on this but I feel its the truth.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

The picture thing at the dinner will be great!! I have many to chose from- Won't be able to decide! Maybe we could have a "Guess Who" section!!

I also want to add to Goldust's summary that there were a few very minor changes to the Bylaws that I feel do not amount to any big deal. The new and old committees will have their first meeting Oct.16 where, I hope, the officers will be elected and the committees will be decided upon. Time is running out if things are to be in place for the start of the 2002 horse show year.

As for the PHA officer elections, please remember, you must be a paid adult member for the current year to be eligible to vote. Absentee ballots are available through Anne Aspinall.

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose."
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

I must say that all members should take the time to get to the next meeting where there will be a vote . Apparently nominations will be taken from the floor before the vote is held . Please all interested persons eligible to vote make Nov 5 a date!!!!
    Brilyntrip

The LIHSAA website has had a small update. It is now done through mid-july.
    Stevie Nicks

I have heard some whispers that there will be other candidates nominated from the floor at the next PHA meeting. Since I must cast an absentee ballot I would like to know who else is considering the president position. Otherwise I must choose between the two candidates listed. Is anyone else running?

I believe you are correct. I have also heard there is someone else that may have been nominated last meeting and is pondering the thought of running. Absetee ballots I believe are going to be a problem because as brilyntrip stated, nomiations can be accepted that evening[nov.5th] If I hear of another official candidate I will post it immediatly. All who would like to vote with a absetee ballot must keep on top of this so you know all the candidates if it should come down to that. If you are going to have a choice, you should know ALL options.

cdeleyer- is that a nomiation? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] lol
    Stevie Nicks

Just wanted to say hi...its your newest student - Liz....

It has just been brought to my attention that Karin Immerman was officially nominated at the past PHA meeting. The nomination was handed to Anne Aspinal who is the head of the nominating comittee.

Now your choices are officially:
    Dick London
    Hanna Ruttiman
    Karin Immerman

Here is the forum to air your views to any of the candidates. Any comments.........?
    Stevie Nicks

Anne Aspinal--I'm not sure of wether she has an e-mail address, it seems I heard that she does, but I don't have it--TRC is in the book though, in Sagaponack....

I have Anne's e-mail address and if you would like it, you can e-mail me for it! I do not think she would be happy if it were plastered all over the internet!

I'm glad to see that this election has created so much interest. In the past, we were lucky to get just one person willing to take on each of the officer seats. The fact that there are 3 now running for El Presidente is exciting!!! But I think that is enough!!

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose."
    \"I can\'t drive....55!!!!\" Sammy Hagar

Karen Immerman has some positive items in her resume. 1. She is a professional trainer.
    2. She is a rated AHSA judge.
    3. She has connections with the AHSA world. (A facet we need to keep up on the "big" show world.)
    4. She is an active PHA member.

Well, I have been surfing other posts here and can not believe the amount of locals here on the threads.

Come on guys, nothing to say about the diner dance,[don't forget those pictures] horse show or maybe what spring clinic the PHA should have this year since we did not have one last year. We need everyones help so complaints are minimum this year.

Election day this year is quite important. Think about those 3 people and who you want to be in charge. Would any of the candidates be fine with you? Wendy2-really good points!!!!
    Stevie Nicks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gold Dust:
    Would any of the candidates be fine with you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

May I be the first to prematurely congratulate you on your sure win situation. (Anyone out there taking bets on this race-LOL).

As far as the dinner dance, pictures sound like a great idea, how about the baloon man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] from 2 years ago. Seriously, I always liked when Country Fair would put up all the candids, and would love to see some of the old stuff (blown up really big).

My only request with regard to the dinner dance is PUT ME IN THE SMOKING SECTION [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] or just set me up in the lobby. Oh, and by the way, I know of one rider who is planning on making a [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] statement in her mode of dress. Should be another interesting night.

Looks like there really will be a table set up in the lobby!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Actually, the funniest thing ever is if tables were set up in the smoking section that would be the busiest section of the night!
    Can anyone say SAMBUCA? And no Linda, not refering to the horse!!! It will help me get through any horrific fashion statements!!! Jane-we could go in our gothic outfits!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

Why are these things non-smoking anyway? I always thought that at private catered functions there was a choice. Who chose the non-smoking? Couldn't it be every man (woman) for themselves, and if anyone finds it offensive, couldn't they step outside for a change?

I believe I lost that battle last year being a smoker myself to the big ceese of the PHA. Guess we should ask the new cadidates their view on this? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Stevie Nicks

Could it be that after all these years of freezing outside, who knows, maybe THE CHEESE STANDS ALONE. LOL.