The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Protest shared

I'll keep you posted on the prize list request.... PS - I know what you're capable of over fences dahling, but I totally get the request.

Water, yes there is a teeny tiny creek with several ways to circumvent with several crossings and a go-around. Hmm, snorkels n goggles... I think they scratched the costume class too!

PS - I need a pony update. How late will you be up this evening???

Quote Originally Posted by whicker View Post
    I'm lodging a protest!!
    I need the cross rails class! Actually, how about an entire division?
    Seriously, sort of, is there going to be real water, as in stream crossing? If so, do we have permission to have snorkels and goggles for our mounts? What about fake water, a.k.a. liverpool?

I wasn't able to bring up the entry form on the first try, but it did show up on the second effort.

Your hunt has soo much fun at their events. Can't wait!
    I can't wait to seeeeee uuuuuuu!!!!

Default UPDATE - Low Hunter will run at 2'... and a Question

Ladies,

By popular demand - the Low Hunter division will run at 2'!!! The course will be very inviting for "newbies"...

Next question - who's coming Cubbing the following day????

Hmm, the new improved low hunter is now 3" lower.. This sounds suspiciously like a negotiated compromise. The mares will be consulted as to whether they will accept the offer...
    The Dressage Diva want to know if she is expected to look like a hunter? She may opt for the over the standards open jumper look. She has offered to show some of her lighter than air footwork to brighten the day. Wren just is planning on a tachometer and intrigue.

We need to talk..
    Intermediate Riding Skills

DH is already planning to rock the tailgate party...and go for the prize! May have to do some Google searching to see what sort of tailgates we might be up against. Do we need to hire staff for our tailgate?

^^ I've been to some events where people came in a Ryder rent-a-truck with all their tailgating stuff...

My favorite tale of over-the-top tailgates was at the Middleburg steeplechase races. This was during the time of the mid-western farmers protest march on Washington. They were driving their farm equipment, and camped on the Mall. It added a certain flair to the Museum of Natural History's outside sculptures of full size dinosaurs..

Back at the races, arrayed along the finish line, were the most expensive parking spots. Over-size trophy cups were being used as ice containers for champagne. Elaborate baroque silver and linens abounded. Major centerpieces included sculpture, stuffed animals and florist flowers. Waiters in white gloves passed caviar and champagne goblets.

My promenade came to a halt when I reached a tailgate off the back of a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud. Prominently displayed on the bumper was the sticker..

I'm Proud To Be A Farmer

Intermediate Riding Skills

This sounds like so much fun! But since DH has agreed to Coth weekend at Hunters Rest I'll have to wait for another year to try this as well. Who knew I'd become a traveling fool in my old age?