The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    DMK is offline remain.com Premium Member
    Original Poster
    Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I usually end up singing the "new" lyrics to You're So Vain and HITS Show California [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"and they stab them with their steely spurs, but they just can't win the blues"

Really, I'm telling you, we need someone to record these songs and slip the tape to an accomodating announcer... can you imagine how hard people would laugh if they heard some of these songs over the PA system at the horse show?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein (1878-1955)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DMK:
    I usually end up singing the "new" lyrics to You're So Vain and HITS Show California [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"and they stab them with their steely spurs, but they just can't win the blues"

Really, I'm telling you, we need someone to record these songs and slip the tape to an accomodating announcer... can you imagine how hard people would laugh if they heard some of these songs over the PA system at the horse show?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot listen to either of those songs either without singing the "revised" lyrics either!!!

And I have to admit, when considering what music to use for the Music Derby class at Huntington Beach, I actually thought "hmmm...wouldn't that be funny to record the parody lyrics to one of those songs and ride to that?"

Dogchushu, that is hysterical!!!!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

maple syrup capital, ohio, a place where the sun don\'t shine (seriously, it doesn\'t!)

that was great, oh so funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Blaze~
    ~~never send a horse to do a pony's job~~
    *Member of the pony clique*
    <kate the queen of leaning and of limestone>
    ~Tucker~Caliban~Blaze~

AAJumper and DMK, it's all your fault. Today every time I was in the car with the radio on, I'd start thinking about whether or not the song would be a good one to write a parody of. IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY, AND YOU'RE BOTH TO BLAME!!!!!!!

Incentive, you've been bitten by the parody bug! Guaranteed to keep you up to all hours of the night inspired to write song after song!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

you're so good at that bumpkin! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"I'll allow the baby-eating silliness, but y'all can't just ramble on about everything under the sun out here." Erin
    Nothing worth having comes easily.

This is why I need to go over to the HJ bb sometimes....OMG I have nearly peed my pants several times reading over these 7 pages.

AAJumper? You are my hero. HITS was just too funny....I must admit that my age is hampering the enjoyment of some of the selections here, as I have no idea who some of the artists are, much less the tune.

Give me the Stones, The Eagles, and (dare I admit it?) Gloria Gaynor and I can at least sing your songs!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

These are priceless...hats off to you all. I will think about this and see what I can come up with...perhaps sung to the tune of a Beatles song. I can do those. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
    Ellipses users clique ...
    TGFPT,HYOOTGP

Thanks Lilblackhorse! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Glad you enjoyed them all!

I am in the process of printing songs up and leaving them on the BB at the stable for everyone to enjoy.
    Thought I would do acouple a week.

I wish we had one place for all these FABULOUS songs, as there are others that are NOT on this particular thread.