The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Congradulations MissRid! So are you going to the Centex show this week? I don't know if I already asked you...

Hey Texas people. Do you all know what tomorrow is? The first day of spring!! Yea!

Everyone have fun at Houston, I will be skipping it this year, my horses are not ready. Is anyone going to the Las Colinas shows in May?

Tomorrow's Spring? We have a SPRING? Yay! One day in the 80's, and then we go straight to the 90's!

Thanks. Just one more week! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll definately be at the show. It's kinda hard to escape it since its at my barn and all. I'll more than likely ride. I'll probably do the junior hunter u/s and the junior eq flat. If he's good in those, I might do the 3' medal. If he's good about that, I'll try a jumper class or two. I'm just gonna try to decide as I go. If he feels at all like he's backing off the jumps or isn't really paying attention, I'll just stick with some flat classes. It's good experience for him to just be in the ring and relaxing. The only reason I wouldn't show at all would be if his estimated time of departure to Manor interefered somehow, but thats not likely.

Hey, if you see me come say hi. I'll be near the special beginner ring most of the morning probably (hopefully I won't get stuck paddocking again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ). And if you can't find me, my horsey is in the barn on the right side. His stall plate says Charlie Brown. Big bay, kinda grouchy. Ya can't miss him! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] lol. I don't really know what I'll be wearing (thats way too far in advance for my mind to think), but Langshaw knows who I am so you can always ask her.

-Amanda

I LIKE being paddock master, LOL. I guess I'm just weird like that...

I've seen a Charlie Brown before. I used to have a friend that was a KBF...she had a horse named Northern Spy, I don't want to say her name online. Come say hi to me if you see me, I'm kinda hard to miss...white horse, might have gray spots by then, 15.2ish and stocky. I'll be showing in the YNP/Green ring.

amanda, making the move out to manor huh, thats great! have you met Jackie Luizzi? she has two horses out there, bailey and rudy. shes my old trainer, shes great!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Stars, we'll be doing the first week of Las Colinas in May. All the kids have finals just after the second week, so we won't be staying for it.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

I just got back from Austin and boy was it fun. I got to stay for Spring Break which would have been even better if it had not rained and been 50 degrees half the time. We went to the rodeo on Sat. and I got soooo sick on one of the rides. We decided we had heard enough of Willie Nelson to last a lifetime so we went to the rides. We rode on a scary one and then went on this dinky one that just spun around. Well, because there was nobody in line after us the ride operator thought he was being nice by keeping the ride going while a new line built up. We were on this thing for like 5 min spinning around and around and around. When it finally stopped I was so dizzy and sick to my stomach I just knew I was going to barf right then and there. We made it back to our seats and had to sit and listen to Willie awhile longer. Ugh!! When it was finally over we had to walk all the way around the ring to the other side to get out. My stomach protested the whole way as we were walking I was telling myself "You are not going to barf right here in front of all these people" over and over again. Plus as we were leaving some really drunk nasty old cowboy wannabe grabbed my butt!! The best part was we went in Domonie's brand new truck she had gotten the day b4 and all the way home she was threatening me within an inch of my life if I barfed in her new truck. I made it home ok and we all had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to ride b4 the rain hit on Sunday. We failed and had to ride in it anyway. Well that was an account of my Sprink Break. Hope everyone has fun at Houston or the Centex show whereever you go. I will be at home waitng for my mare to have her baby!
    ~Sara~

[This message was edited by hunterprincez on Mar. 19, 2001 at 06:14 PM.]

It's cool here, it was COLD this weekend...

I'm just getting ready to sell my horse in the summer, meanwhile looking at barns... grr [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

- Kahlua -
    pix

We are selling chance and teddy and we are getting rid of Texas too. I can't believe it! Now when people ask how many horses i have, i will say something somewhat normal like 4! AHHHHHH! Im excited, if i get to ride before saturday, i am showing in Centex Medal, Low, Juniors, and Jumpers. Dont worry langshaw, i wont be doing any flat classes since this will all be on red.
    ~*~there is no such thing as a fence too big...... or is there~*~

http://community.webshots.com/user/jewcrewcourt

HunterPrincez- Oh my god! I went to the Rodeo so much last week...was it the ride that started with an E? Experience, Extreme, something like that. It goes around, up-side down, twisting, turning, BARF! I never get sick on rides, but that one I had to sit down on after. And then my friends and I were all deathly afraid of the Ferris Wheel...scary.
    Oh the joys of drunk cowboy-wannabes.

Where are all the other Texan-ers? I know there are more...

Spaz,
    The first ride we went on was the Extreme. It was fun. I thought that would be the one to make me sick but noooo, I get sick on the little dinky kiddie ride hehe.

I have zero sympathy for anyone who is complaining about the rides at the rodeo unless they went on the *special* (like Spaz puts it) one where you get strapped into this thing that is attached to bungee cords, then pull you back and let you go... EEK! I have a video, I wonder if there's any way to get it on the computer... it's quite humorous. You can hear me screaming my head off and my friend Lucas is just laughing...

Haha, when I went you could hear the people cussing on the mikes! It was hilarious [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I would NEVER get on that ride though, you are much too brave Jo.

Hunterprincez- Where do you ride? I'm taking it you are from the Austin-ish area?

Spaz,
    I ride with Donna Cheney at Step Aside Farm and Domonie Schiff at Elsewhere Farm in Elgin. I live in San Antonio now, but will be moving to Houston this summer.
    Jo, I really wanted to go on the bungee thing but since I only had $25 to spend total I was a little strapped for cash. Plus it was raining and I know with my luck I would get struck by lighting as I was shot into the air. LOL

Is Step Aside the one with all the ponies? If so, I know alot of the kids there.

Spaz- Yeah, I know the person you're talking about that owned Spy. Oddly enough, I ran into her at the Green Day concert in Jan. Small world. Anyways, if I see you I'll definately say hi. Be forewarned, tho: getting up early combined with the horse show atmosphere really really kills my attentiveness. You could walk right by me and I probably wouldn't realize it for at least 15 minutes. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

beccam- yeah, I'm making the move, finally. I'm very excited. I haven't met anyone out there yet, really. The atmosphere seems nice and relaxed and friendly, tho. A definate change for the better, IMO.

-Amanda

Hunter, be glad you didn't. My head got so whipped around I couldn't move the next day. This includes my riding lesson two days later, when I couldn't do hardly ANYTHING because it felt like two pieces of bone in my spine were griding against each other...

hunterprincez (sara)- If I had been there I would have gladly paid the $25 to see you shot into the air, of course I would have had to hear you complain about how horrible it was and how your neck hurt for the next fifty years..... LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]