The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

OK I don't know about you guys, but every other clique has their own thread and I'm starting to feel left out. So anyways, how is everyone going?
    Tell about horses, shows, pics, anything! I'll start by saying I hate this dang rain and I want it go away. Any other frustrations?

OK I don't know about you guys, but every other clique has their own thread and I'm starting to feel left out. So anyways, how is everyone going?
    Tell about horses, shows, pics, anything! I'll start by saying I hate this dang rain and I want it go away. Any other frustrations?

Yeah, I have to drive too far to get to the barn.

Even though our ring now looks like a giant pond, it is the cold temps. that are really making me mad. I am freezing!!!!! Our mare is due to foal in a couple of weeks so we are all very nervous but excited. Good luck to everyone going to the Houston shows! We will be stuck here on foal watch. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cold, rainy, long drive. Not ideal conditions for a ride, but I got a lot of horsey things accomplished with Langshaw today. Moved tack trunks, repaired blankets, cleaned out tack trunks.

i will have red ready for that Centex show next weekend. I haven't ridden him for two weeks b/c he has been lame and now the rain. I HATE IIIIIIT! isnt Texas supposed to be bright and sunshiny and hot all the time? I couldn't wear shorts today and it is the middle of march
    ~*~there is no such thing as a fence too big...... or is there~*~

http://community.webshots.com/user/jewcrewcourt

Did you by any chance break my lock and clean out mine? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, I forgot about the too-long-of-drive. That doesn't really help when I can't even drive and my parents have to drive me out there, wait for me to ride 2 horses, then drive me back. All in all, it's about a 5 hour "vacation." It's times like these I'm ready to get up and move to Manor...but then not.

OK let's think POSITIVE things now...good things about Texas? Blue Bell Ice Cream and cowboys at the Rodeo...'nuff said.

By the way... who all is going to that and what are you showing in?
    ~*~there is no such thing as a fence too big...... or is there~*~

http://community.webshots.com/user/jewcrewcourt

I shall be there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Showing in green, YNP and 2'6" Medal baby! I'm hoping I can just quallify at this show and make my life alot easier...this time I won't add a stride in the finals either, I promise!

What are you showing in Carrot3? Jumpers right?

By the way, where is Langshaw? She hasn't emailed me ALL DAY! Do you think she *gasp* has a life?!

Langshaw is sans-computer on the weekends. Trust me, if you're on a network, dial up is way too slow to tolerate...

Oh yes, I forgot. I used to have AOL, that was probably worse than anything! Thank god for RoadRunner [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well.... Where to start?

My horsey is doing well. He'd be better if it'd quit freakin raining!

I might show next weekend. Maybe not. It all depends. I'll at least get on Charlie and flat him in some classes. If he's good I might try the CT Medal, but only if it doesn't look to scary. And if he's good about that and the jumpers aren't too intimidating, we'll do a class or two. Nothing major. I'm just gonna see what happens.

Oh yeah, and my horse leaves for the new barn either Sat or Sun. Sooner than expected, but the Bedoyas are headed to Pin Oak for two weeks, so it's this weekend or never. I'm excited! We went out there today to look at what stalls they're gonna be in, talk to Mr. Bedoya, all that good stuff. All systems are go! Lets just hope good fortune stays on our side... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-Amanda

Yay for Ms. Rid, I bet you can't wait!

Went and picked up Carson Sat. He ran all night long and into the next morning before it started raining! He is sooo much happier already! I hope to show Adults, Low and Medal. But at this rate (with the rain) I'm really not sure! I am going to go lunge him today.

Yes no computer on the weekend, besides, I wouldn't get your emails anyway I'm not at WORK when I am at home!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

I'm at work when I post, so I can't exactly post frequently. I'm taking my green guy to Spring Gathering this week. We'll do the schooling jumpers and the adult jumpers. Should be interesting. I'm making a come back after about 7 years. Shall we say a tad rusty...but of course I'm my own worst critic!! I spend between 3-4 hours a day in my car between work and the barn. I leave at 6:30 in the morning and get home around 10 at night. If there's a will there's a way, right? I don't have pictures yet, and I lost all of my childhood/junior pictures in a fire about 6 years ago. Still makes me sick. I'll try to get some this week. What barns do you all ride at...I think I'm looking for a new home.
    Good luck to all!1 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by jumpen on Mar. 19, 2001 at 11:58 AM.]

MissRid- Well at least you will have an indoor barn! (right? Or am I wrong...)

Langshaw- I might go out today, to ride in the grassy little arena. It looks sunny now, so I will probably go out around 3ish. So you are showing Carson in the show? Or Nine? So confusing, so confusing...

Spaz- Why aren't you in school today??? NOOOO go out around 5ish so we can ride in grass ring together!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

OK [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Our spring break is still on until tomorrow...noooo! Even IF I was walking through the house yelling "I'M BORED!" all day yesterday, I still like the whole no-school idea [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So what's up with your barn situation? And is it Wally you are selling? I'm sorry. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

spaz- nope, no indoor yet. Give it a few months and there will be, tho. But my horsey will get turned out everyday! And his stall has a run so he can walk outside whenever he wants to. You have no idea how exciting this is to me. Charlie will be so happy!

Langshaw- I'm so glad you finally got Carson. Both for his sake and for yours. Glad to hear he's happy now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Amanda