The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

I am jealous - even people from VT have a clique now! Come on guys - I know there are a few of you out there, and I am sure there are more lurkers. It will be fun, I promise! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am jealous - even people from VT have a clique now! Come on guys - I know there are a few of you out there, and I am sure there are more lurkers. It will be fun, I promise! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just being a PIA and bumping this up!

i was just conspiring to sneak over and join VT clique...NH ALL THE WAY, baby!!!!!

Great! We can complain about the swamp that is Majestic Meadows every year at the finals!
    Now come on, I know there are others out there...
    I think I recognized a certain ammy adult with a little grey guy named Torey on an arab thread, and someone named Hillary whos profile says she is from my town sometimes posts.
    Yeah I know that it is sad I noticed all of this - what can I say, college is boring as hell [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Vermont: Isn't that where the old Bob Newhart show took place? So, do all of the men wear plaid and carry around an armload of wood? Oh no, wait. That's the Canadian men... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry, shouldn't stir up anything, what with you guys being so close to the border and all!

No Merry, you've got it all wrong - in NH and ME the men all wear Carharts and carry six packs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

hey, im from Nh, and have shown a little in Hj.

Dale or "C Dale Scoot" in the hunters. Noel Purcel, Dale is a Welsh Cobb gelding about 13.2 hands maybe 14.2, dapple grey maybe white. The girl rides at the Pony Farm in Temple. Dale has a half black and half pink nose, when I had him, he had a roached mane. Flashy mover.

If anybody has seen this pony, let me know, i want to see how he is doing.

Second Chance, what shows do you do? I am/was a [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] NHH&JA girl myself, but am now a poor college student so I am really nothing now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I havent seen the pony, but I am sure if you went to one of their shows (usually one a month starting in May) you would find him. I am sure he is doing well though, the McDaniels are really nice people and PF is a nice place. They always have a ton of begginer divisions - it would be a great place to start out your little paint when she is ready to show. Bring a raincoat and a dry pair of socks if you go though!

Swamp?? that mud pitt?? yes- and i was the one who got screwed w/ the lights massively this year!!!!

Thats why we show new england, not just NH- nh is a crap hole (we'll edit until i know whom you ride w/...)
    have our "issues" w/. nh...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Becca on Mar. 05, 2001 at 09:43 PM.]

Hey-
    i was at Cathy's yesterday Saw your mares stall- she was turned out though

Lexinator- I showed at StoneGate stables Jumper show at the Timberdoodle(sp?) I was riding a little grey pony(C Dale Scoot) in the special Junior Eq. 2ft 6 on August 23, 1997/1998. the results were:

1st in Special Junior Eq.
    2nd in special Junior Eq. o/f 2ft6
    4th in special Junior Eq. o/f 2ft6

2nd in Pony Hunter o/f 2ft6
    4th in pony medal o/f 2ft6
    5th in Pony hunter o/f 2ft6

[This message was edited by second chance on Mar. 07, 2001 at 08:26 AM.]

Ahhh, yes Becca. NH is a lovely place. On one hand, its nice because you know everyone. On the other hand, it sucks because you know everyone!
    And yes, Majestic Meadows is like that EVERY YEAR!! I only hope to someday escape! At least most of Gretchens kids really can ride- I have seen them growing up and have witnessed it. However, it does get very very political, not just with her kids. The judging at the finals was very odd this year. A trot down in the juniors by a certain little chestnut got a call back (selctive blindness anyone? And it wasnt a GA kid). Our finals were absolutely pathetic. If you train with who I think you do, I always see her with really cute horses that she picked up for cheap. I also loved your curley pony!
    Second Chance, where do you ride?

[This message was edited by Dry Clean Only on Apr. 26, 2001 at 09:30 AM.]

Becca- My farrier knows you... MDS Horseshoeing aka Matt Sanborn. He has mentioned your lastname before(Payson is it?)

There is a person who occasionally rides flash on hacks and I believe she goes to UNH and comes up here for visits, in the Warner/Bradford area.

Now, I am clueless as to who this is.

That's cool that you went up there yesterday. I was up there Saturday having a lesson with Heather Smith who teaches Equine Science at UNH and is a part time instructer there.

I am involved with MKPC, and started boarding there at Cathy's in 2000. My big red tb used to be the 2nd stall on the left as you walk into the aisle. Now, The name plate for my horse is on her stall she is going to be in.

Sometime you are gonna have to see my horse in person! But maybe I will run into you at some show.

Are you showing in the NHHJA this year? I am doing the local 4-H circuit and maybe some hunter shows.

Do you know anybody at Freestyle Farm in Tempel(i think thats where it is..) who has a horse that's named Epic? I used to train with the person who orignally owned him.

Now to say, I ride with Michelle( Cathy's best friend)

So, geez, enough typing. Do you still have Matt as a farrier, if so ask him if he knows Nellie At DCF.

~~~nellie~~~

Second Chance, I think I was at that Stonegate Show! I would have been doing the puddle jumpers and schoolings with the little light grey mare I rode - think I was champ in the puddles (yeah I know, whoo hoo, puddles- but she was a blast to ride, I miss her alot). That was a while ago, and I didnt have anyone in the ponies so I dont remember you (and I usually do remember everyone - especially ponies!)
    And I happen (lucky me) to be attending UNH for now. Once you have ridden in that indoor you will never go back!

Lexinator- I ride right down the road(in the next town from Becca) Well at DCF( P.C. barn)

ask becca where I ride at, she knows.

I noticed you edited the name becca - dont worry thats not where I ride - I have always ridden with echo valley, partially out of habit and lack of funding. There is a little bit of uproar there right now though, so I am gettin the hell outta dodge, so to speak. I am currently between barns, if you will... I am actually possibly about to get 100x poorer and become the owner of a excesively small, excessively stubborn DWB cross mare (its a long story). So if you see a short ammy adult getting run away with and/or kicking for an hour without moving a step, that might be me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Ok guys we need to recruit - right now we are ahead of the NJ/PA clique, but not by much. Just because they have actual rated shows in their states doesnt mean that they get to have all of the fun!
    BTW, I hear they are building condos over the Fields of Attitash - there goes my August fun!