The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm Suave Reno Waits patiently for CA clique to show up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ok AA Jumper LAEC Show April 8th...sounds good.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I'm in for the Oaks, Del Mar, Ride America so far...hopefully to graduate from the 2'6" to 2'9" classes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey youse guys find me here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm Suave Reno Waits patiently for CA clique to show up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Ok AA Jumper LAEC Show April 8th...sounds good.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I'm in for the Oaks, Del Mar, Ride America so far...hopefully to graduate from the 2'6" to 2'9" classes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey youse guys find me here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

SuaveReno, I wish some people at my barn could make a decision about what shows we are going to!!!!! My ideal schedule is Showpark Tournament of Champions Apr 26-29, Memorial Day Classic at LAEC, Blenheim/Oaks 3rd week of July, Jumping Festival at LAEC in September, and the LA Preview/National at LAEC in November. And then all the Gold Coast shows in between. But who knows? I'd love to meet up with people at the shows...hopefully something will work out!

"I'm sure that if we find some nice Manolos, you can use them instead of Dorothy's red shoes and they'll be your good luck charm into the higher divisions."

Then they both laugh and head up to Troquet for a good boozer over lunch while they decide how to become A/Os.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

I may not be from the sunshine state, but i've been with you all for awhile, mind if I post every so often? So glad to see that you are trying to stay together. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The MO(re) the Merry(er).

I am going to be at Gold Coast April 8th...thanks to the fact I was SUPPOSED to show this weekend at that Spring Fling horse show and now am not. I guess it was really small and the JR. Hunters didn't fill so the other horse couldn't go leaving only me.

AAJumper: I have the same problem w/ the show schedule, then when we do agree on a show, everyone flakes leaving a couple us with huge tack stall expenses, trainer's hotel fees, etc to split. It is getting REALLY annoying (and expensive.)

Good to hear from you both. Wow! AAJumper you are sure a lot more organized than I am when it comes to the shows. In fact my barn is a little chaotic as of late [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Correene instead of SCP how bout your barn this weekend???? What's your schedule??

I can tell we're all real busy right! LOL! This week I needed a horse fix soo bad that I went to Richard's barn to pet Robinson on the nose [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

SuaveReno, unfortunately, that is only my wish list of shows that I want to go to. We cannot agree on what we are going to go to in April or May, besides Gold Coast shows! See my topic, How Do You Decide What Shows To Go To.

Chef, I totally know what you mean!!! Fortunately, at least we know for sure who is going by the time we send in our entry fees, and people don't flake after that. But I agree....the costs TOTALLY increase if only 4 horses go rather than 6 or 7, for example. That means less people to split the trainer's hotel bill, tack stalls, etc. And also, with less people, there is less chance of finding someone to share a hotel room. I cannot afford to pay $300 to stay at a hotel by myself for 4 nights! Luckily, I have a friend that lives near Indio (in Palm Desert) and another that lives in Encinitas, near Del Mar. But anyway, I'll keep an eye out for you at LAEC on April 8th! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Let me know what time works for you. I emailed you the telephone numbers. I have a lesson at 4 on Sunday, but any other time on either day is okay. I have decided that, due to high drama at work the last two weeks (rude clients), I am doing nothing but Stable 101. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    EDDIE WOULD GO

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

How do how do!!!!wty is so enthusiastic about Suave's new thread. Exhausted after raking the mud off her horse, she's so glad to have an out!We'll all be here shortly. weeble is just getting back, where's rusty? Blender blender on the wall, froth them up for one and all! Coreene, leave those "boys" alone over there. We will order in, and you know what that means? Welcome Mo and chef!! Glad to see you're here! Enjoy, we will have those margaritas shortly. A/A, can't wait to watch you show...This will be so fun. Toodling off once again babbling, wty's on a mission. Will Merry and Beezer honor us? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Since she can't officially drink on the job, it would be an inconspicuous place to store gin, tonic, limes and ice. She could hide it behind the real food.

"I wonder if they would notice me sneaking in bottles of Bolly," she says to herself. "And why do I keep talking to myself?"
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Phew. This new topic ends the withdrawal symptoms I had been suffering over lack of California news. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Inquiring minds want to know why there have been so many negative comments directed at the Funeral thread but barely a murmur made about the Ask Canter thread -- which has become a bit much IMHO. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Cheers, Maggi

next week I'm going to the Oaks, George is clipped,(by joaquin) and looks GREAT!!! I am so excited to get out there and show.

~Christina~
    "Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!" JD;Heathers

Oooohhh...I like the Oaks. There is almost unlimited warm-up space there, at least on the grass. I am hoping to get to show there this year. Who knows though...no one from my barn seems to be able to decide what shows to go to. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I must've generated some good mojo, because remember how I said finding a decent tractor guy was like the quest for the holy grail? Then I came across "Mario"? Well, so I arrange for him to level and drag my arena. Then my dad calls and tells me someone is there right then dragging the ring! I rush over to the ranch, and it's our neighbor, the racetrack farrier, who just popped over on his tractor, unannounced, to be nice! Aren't California folks cool? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] (Well, some of them!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] . Anyhoo, so Mario shows up this morning. My mom and I decide to have him do his thang anyway, since the arena still wasn't level. So, end of story: the ring looks really nice! Whoopee!

Now, about shows: You have to remember, I'm behind you guys, because I have the 2, no make that 3, babies this year. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Hammie, aka "Hambone", show name: Fame and Fortune, is going to Showpark Saturday for his second time cantering baby green courses. It's a San Diego/Orange County show. So I'm not "up" for the Oaks yet! My dream: That he'll do the AO's eventually. He certainly is fancy enough, a pretty mover, and he has the scope and the technique. But obnoxious! I swear, it's not Hall of Fame, it's his Trakehner broodmare line, that Memphis/Flaneur line. I've ridden several of them, and they're all lovely to look at, & talented athletes, but what freakin' prima donnas!

So unlike me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Merry, don't forget to have a little slope on your arena...1.5% is ideal, per specs from a well known arena designer. You can go 2%, but you may tend to get minor gullies if your arena is large. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Don't get me started about a french drain design...I could go on and on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

YIKES...my evil engineer personality is escaping. Back, back...stay at the office where you belong, engineer girl....

AAJumper begins swatting herself, as if to exorcise the engineer demons within. "I'm not a geeky engineer, honest I'm not" she cries out shamefully.

Remember, the French Drain comes when either Beezer or I inherit the ranch! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(Perish the thought). Okay, when the next rich relative dies and leaves us $$$.

For now, we'll just not allow it to rain for the remainder of the calendar year. Period. Plain and simple. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Wow! Did I need a Reno horse fix today [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    I agree with you Coreene that when things get tough at the office I need to go to the barn and play. I knew that I needed to go when I threatened my 23 year old boytoy assistant by telling him that I was going to bit him up and spur him if I didn't get my dang report [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

He kinda of looked at me and saw that I had this determined look in my face and said he's hop on it LOL!

Coreene between 2 and 3 on Saturday works for me if that's good for you....and about those Manolo's... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If I may switch topics...trainer splits make me crazy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] I cannot believe how my trainer was allocating some of them. It's so weird that the few end up paying for the many who have some sort of side deal going on with the TRAINER (aka known as THE T for future reference ) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] One gal at our barn who just bought an incredibly expensive green jumper ended up paying about $1400.00 for one week of splits. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] So inquiring minds want to know, was THE T staying at the Ritz Carlton??? She got so perturbed that the next week she moved her horse.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

On another note, I am so glad that the clique is alive and well (I must sound like the Bud commercial "Hey Man, I really luv ya") but it's true. All of you brighten my day!! Rusty pass those margaritas LOL!

Merry so glad to hear that good Samaritans still exist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I agree...I totally need my horse fix after a bad day at work. And I've been having LOTS of those. Talk about demanding clients...email me if anyone is interested in knowing details....you may know these clients.

Merry, I agree...no more rain. Our arena doesn't have french drains either, but we need them! A cover would be nice too! Can we do some sort of sunshine dance to encourage the rain gods to stay up in Canada???

AAJumper begins spinning in circles, jangling curb chains and singing off key, in hopes of encouraging the rain gods to stay in Canada.

Oh, and SuaveReno, if you make it out to LAEC, just look around the jumper arena area for a big giant seal brown TB, no markings, with her tongue obsessively spinning her rolly bit. No wait, no need to look, just listen for lots of metal clinking. She's loud about it...really loud. "I'm jumpin'...spinthebitspinthebitspinbit
    ...gotta jump... spinthebitspinthebitspinthebit ...jump the jumps... spinthebitspinthebitspinthebit" Or look for the blonde trainer in her early 30's yelling at her student "don't lean.....sit away....let's do that again, there was another step there...do that again, that was one too many...STOP shoving!!!" Depending on her mood, she may be wearing a baseball hat hat says "NO WHINING". LOL...Shannon (my new barnmate who lurks here sometimes) if you are reading this, you are NOT to repeat this to our trainer!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]