The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

All I can offer is macaroni and cheese, with sides of grapes and grahm crackers and chocolate milk as a drink. I don't have to actually take a shower and change out of my sweats to attend this thing do I? My DH will be happy that I will be joining him again on the couch in the evenings. No longer will he have to stare at the TV alone. Goodbye Question for Merry it's been real um,long.

It was "Master Dan" who was a wonderful horse no matter what was sitting on his back...

Okay - a question for you California types (!) - I had a friend who was from California that came to show in Va. (in the a/o's) - her name was Ann ? and she showed, I think, w/Jimmy Williams and was friends w/Patsy Bell. Horse's name was Skylark. Anyone know who I mean or where she is now?

Thanks, Jaime!!! Do I get partial credit? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Katey, I'm sure sweats would be fine...we're the casual crowd! I am wearing rust breeches to the wake. I think the thread would want it that way.

AAJumper arrives at the wake in rust breeches complete with show bow, plops down a dish full of artichoke cheese dip. Just then, she hears the buzz of a blender and rushes off to get a strawberry margarita....

Coreene runs after AAJumper to get some of that dip for herself, sloshing Champagne everywhere, wondering if mixing her drinks internally is gonna make her sick...

And it takes 35 pages of topic for her to see that there is an instant UBB code for italics, but she doesn't know how it works, and helps herself to more of AA's artichoke dip.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Jaime Lynn: Master Dan is another Linda Hough trained horse (owned by Megan Johnstone). She bought him from George Lindemann when GL moved on to bigger and better things. At the time, Megan had 4 junior horses -- two large and two small (since that is the maximum amount you are allow to qualify...). She had Master Dan and Watership Down (bought from the Nielsons in NY) and Homegrown (bought from Marie Reynolds in NC) and _______ the very fancy chestnut mare who went on to be the dam of January's Best (Magic ____???)

Magpie: Her name is Ann _________. She is about 5'4", with a cute round face and a chipper smile. She was at Flintridge when I was there (all 6 months of my tenure) and she went east shortly thereafter. Her last name is veddy veddy "Plymouth Rock". I am sure she had at least 12 relatives on the Mayflower. I just cannot remember her name! I DO remember that she went to Bakersfield and during the entire show, no one from Flintridge warmed her up or even watched her go and she came back FUMING! It was that very summer she went east to ride.

And what about Patsy Bell!!! Has no one mentioned her yet? She had Who Cares -- and then she bought Kaiko from Pat Warren and rode with me up north when she married Alan Severinson. What a NICE person she is! And a beautiful rider.
    "Dyslexics Untie!"

I really shouldn't be contributing to the resuscitation of this doomed thread, but Megan Johnstone�s fancy chestnut mare was Elfin Magic. I used to compete against her as a junior, and have a picture of said mare circa 1990 at some show at Rancho Murieta (I'd post it, but my scanner decided to take a giant crap).

Why am I thinking Elfin Magic was a pony though? My weary brain seems to remember a bunch of ponies with Magic in their names [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] .
    "Wherever man has left his footprint in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization, we will find the hoofprint of the horse beside it." ~John Moore

You know, everyone thinks I've been drinking way too many margaritas, because I've got bean dip plopped down the front of my cashmere sweater, but actually it's just 7UP and lime juice. I just talk with my hands, and everytime I start waving my hands around, the bean dip flips off my Dorito! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Someone get those kids under control! They just knocked over the flower arrangement from Melissa Cardenas!

And who brought the Jack Russell terriers? You don't bring dogs---especially those--- to a freakin' wake!

Says SuaveReno who just got to the wake (she's managed to stuff, ((what's 20lbs between friends))),herself into her 60's plaid coat and canary yellow breeches with pegs only to find that all the strawberry margarita's are gone, then plops herself down in the corner to look at old HORSES magazines ane feed cheesecake to the JR's (cuz they looked hungry, and sniffle (because the thread's dying? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Noooo because there is no more strawberry Margaritas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I just had more Strawberries and Tequila delivered. So the Margaritas will be rready momentarily.

AAJumper notices Coreene's champagne and whips out a bottle of Peach Schnapps to mix with the champagne.

Peach Baleeneys anyone???

AAJumper mixes a big tumbler of Peach Schnapps and champagne, and wonders "will my alter ego, Cornholio, appear tonight???" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

PamM,any thoughts on "Ann" yet? It's driving me nuts...big, somewhat strong, chesnut horse called Skylark? Don't I get some type of award for knowing/mentioning her and Patsy Bell, and I've never been to Calif.?! I used to braid Ann's horse some when I wasn't as old and lazy as I am now, and remember once putting close to 60 in - I think it took me hours! LOL But she was nice enough to let me do that horse in the eq's some.

I'm on the phone right now calling their father to come get them. As for the JRTs you'll have to talk to your sister about that one. Oh, gotta go, my 1yr old is now on top of the buffet table along with the JRTs licking the ice sculpture.

Wow, what a mixture of funeral attire! coreene and I in our Jackie O/Lands End outfits, Pam in her veil, Katey in sweats and the rest of you... in riding clothes. Can't you ever leave the horse thing at home???

And what's with all this alcohol? I told you I can't drink... one swig and I end up dancing on the tables... not a good thing at a wake!

That's the idea Merry! The thread would want it that way...it would want to see everyone having a good time, not wallowing in misery. As for me, I'm heading out for Mammoth, but I will keep the thread in my thoughts.

AAJumper makes mental note to investigate purchasing a laptop....what will she do for 4 days w/out access to the BB??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

isn't it Ann Alexander??????????

Am I getting close?????
    "Dyslexics Untie!"

Elfin Magic is January's Best's MOM???? Now, how cool is THAT? I remember Elfin...oh...ten years ago? maybe more?...In Don Stewart's barn. I want to say Lee Ann Morris had her but I don't think that's right. She had Bold Headlines. Who I saw in the ancient adults at WEF last year! He must be pretty far into his 20's...Who had Elfin??

And quit hogging the artichoke dip!

How many funeral threads do we have going now, LOL?!?

Hello? Anybody home? YooooHOOOOO! Excuse me, but I just read through 35 pages of thread, NOT consecutively mind you but hopskipping around because SOMEone SOMEwhere mentioned Bumpkin's pictures of JRTs and I can't find them posted anywhere. Can you look inside your shroud please and find them, please?
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"