The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

I wanted to tell Bumpkin thank you for the compliments on my pics. As for worries...LOL...I should have plenty...did I tell ya'll about the time I fell off onto a jump cup at Indio and slashed my leg? I got 10 stitches, wrapped a big ace bandage around my thigh and re-entered myself in all my classes after my trainer scratched me!!! I guess I repress those thoughts as I become fixated on the course I am riding...either that or I've got a great poker face.

Sorry for the interruption....now back to our regularly scheduled program..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Like all good Irish funerals, this one could go on for days!

Who knows, the funeral alone may take up another 30pages! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

By the way, did you notice that this very post was NUMBER 666!?!? Augh! The Merry thread is cursed!

where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

I'm sure you all will find another Calf. girls topic, and it will begin again!

As for me, MO, Thanks for the laughs, and entertainment. It's been a hoot!

I will never forget crazy lady from KY.

And thanks for all the help with MCJ!!

CIAO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Beezer to the funeral. I'm sure she'll have a special offering for our services) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

By the way, was CeCe's horse, Heir Apparent, related in any way to Fleet Apple?

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Oh come on now. How can you euthanize (hate that word) this thread? We're so close to 50. Plus you know an irish wake can take a full blown week. You all have to remember the dearly departed and I'm sure we could drag that out a bit longer? Who's bringing the food? The spirits?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I will never forget crazy lady from KY. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somewhere in these last 34 pages, there must be another lady from KY to whom you are referring.

Please? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I am donning navy blue (since black is too harsh a color against my pasty white feb. skin). I have always wanted to see what I would look like behind a heavy veil (how does one wipe tears away behind such a thing? -- Or does one just let tears and accummulated nose production run down face unnoticed?)

Let's have a "Name the New Thread" contest. That will give us something to look forward to in these dark days.

How about:

California Dreaming (on such a winter's day)
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Love the name PamM. Diffinitely California Dreaming, even if it is raining!!

You know you will have to come sidesaddle with that outfit. Heavy navy veil, skirt, boots all the trappings. You can lead the procession. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am so glad that this funeral turned into a wake .

Pam M at least it is winter time otherwise your veil would be very hot and I won't say what else.
    Does it make consuming the usual beverages served at a wake difficult. If so I would be inclined to forget fashion and not wear it.

I am thinking of a title of a new thread. I know that I need more coffee before I can think. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

See y'all on the new thread. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Pardon me for extending the thread, but why should something die just because it is long? I think it is lovely.

Anyway, Beezer, about Emmett Kelly. I seem to recall an Emmett Kelly who was chestnut with lots of chrome. Of course, I would know nothing about Ca. horses, so it is probably a different one, unless it was sold east. It was a while ago.

The East also had a chestnut/white Gene Kelly. he was at Cismont the same time as Charisma, who was later sold to George Lindeman. It was my understanding that, when the horse failed to go well for George, Kenny offered to buy him back for the full sale price.

Today's $64. question: Did any horse actually go well for George Lindemann? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Pam, you're not the aforementioned "crazy lady from Kentucky", LOL! That was the scary big-haired gal at the riding apparel booth at Equine Affaire in Pomona. Although, the way you look in that veil does make you look kinda crazy... You can be the slightly off-kilter gothic long-lost relative from the south who only shows up for momentous occasions. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have some finger sandwiches set out on the table. They're Underwood Deviled Ham and Kraft American cheese. Don't laugh; at least I cut the crusts off the Wonderbread! Anyone else bring food?

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

I vote for LOTS of adult beverages..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

It is with great pleasure that I note starting what seems to be the longest thread ever on the BB (or so they tell us).

It is with great delight that I have found so many wonderful new buddies, library exchanges, eBay tricks on buying old Horses magazines; that I have remembered so many wonderful names from the past, looked at so many photos, bla bla bla, yadda yadda.

Not only have we managed to haul out the names of just about everyone who ever rode in California, and their horses, and the celebs, and their parents, and the pets, and the bla bla bla and yadda yadda, we have also come to the very real conclusion that:

Rust Breeches Will Rise Again

I am sporting a chic black number to this funeral, something that Grace Kelly or Princess Caroline would also wear and, being of the Jackie O persuasion when it comes to sunglasses, a very large pair of chi-chi Christian Dior shades. Because, no matter how much it rains in California, one must ALWAYS sport shades.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Maybe I can actually get some work done now that I won't feel compelled to check the board every 5 minutes.

Until we meet agian! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But just so that I don't have to make a new thread called "Question for Beezer," can Beezer or Merry please tell me if my description of Nikki Smith is correct?? (Look two pages back I think; she had a chestnut named Chauncey and a bay who's name I forget.) If so, she is the same on that lost a huge [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] diamond and gold pendant in the large ring closest to the freeway at OCF. We searched for days with a metal detector, but it was never found. Any OCF riders out there might want to borrow your Uncle Ed's metal detector and try again!! And yes, that is my final post (said with a tone of fear of being wrong like those taking a wild guess on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." )

Well shoot, I was going to answer the Emmett Kelley and scrolled back to find PamM beat me to the punch - do I get extra credit for knowing it was Laura Davies' jr. horse when I've never even BEEN to California?! And that she was Best Child Rider at Devon on that horse?!

I have brought my blender for the Margaritas. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Actually, he had a junior hunter that went well for him. What WAS that horse's name? I keep wanting to say Dexter Dan, but I don't think he had him...did he?? Threes and Sevens seemed to like him pretty well, too.

The caterers just brought in an ice sculpture of a sad-sack rent string horse. Oh, look at the little card that came with it. "To Coreene and Beezer. My condolences. - Wanda Johnson and all the staff at Circle J"

As I readjust my black cashmere twin set (I jump at any excuse to wear cashmere), it dawns on me that I could use Nikki Smith's long-lost pendant. Perhaps I shall ride along on the back of the tractor the next time the ring is graded after all these storms. Who knows what else will turn-up? The partially decomposed body of some reiner from the 1999 Pacific Quarter Horse Circuit show?

Quick - name the source of that quote! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (Think of it being said by an actor with a heavy accent.)

I believe I can confirm that this is the longest thread ever. Generally, before any hope of reaching this vintage, they have long since deteriorated into fighting, name calling, or overly frequent use of the word "thong." I salute you!
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry