The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Dead I say! LoL, you can go post on the wake thread now! lol

Dead! LoL, you can go post on the wake thread now! lol

Step over to the other thread. You're all invited to the wake.

I believe since you were the one to give the thread life you should be the one to end it. We all wait for Coreene's final words........

This thread CANNOT END until someone calls Bob McDonald and finds out if his daughter Kim is still riding! 703 posts, and we still do not know!

Seems to me that the answer to that question is the appropriate final post to this thread --
    Merry, it is your civic duty to put this important issue to rest.

I, for one, need to start sleeping again at night.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Ah now Merry, geeez the jack russells were just bringing some gaiety to this wake! Sorry, that was mine who jumped on you and made you spill the wine.

PamM, Patsy was riding as a Severinson, but haven't seen her for a long time. Does anyone know if she's still riding?

This will be a very long and slow thread death. We just can't seem to let it goooooooo......
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

PamM, it IS Ann Alexander! Thank you - now I can sleep at night! LOL

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

The tears ... or is it MORE of this damn rain!?!?? ... are robbing her of vision.

But now that she is here, she must start with a grand gesture and a repeated yell of YEEEEEESSSS!! for getting the color of Emmett Kelly correct. Thank you, thank you PamM, Twister and Sea Urchin, for proving that every great once in a while, the younger sister is actually right about something. I WANT THAT HALF POINT BACK, Merry! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And, yes, C&C, that would be the same Nikki Smith. The bay I mentioned her buying from Bob would have been the late '70s; she had started showing ammy and this was supposed to be a "replacement" horse for her junior hunter ... which for some reason I recall as being a really pretty dark brown/black with fancy white trim. But I am SURE that Merry will correct me on this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Now. As for this "funeral" ... What's the PC term these days? A celebration of a life?? Yeah! That's it. (Quick! Someone find a copy of Elton John's "Funeral for a Friend" and get it on the stereo. And pour me one of those margaritas! Assuming, of course, that there are any left. And Katey, please tell your children to stop teasing my JRTs!)

So, let's all join hands around the ice sculpture of Clifford, the rental horse both Beezer's and Coreene's butts sat on (that ice sculpture's a nice touch Merry, I gotta admit) and relive the special moments of this coat. (It is officially a coat now, its threads have been woven together so many times.) We have met. We have bonded. We have formed the cult of Fleet Apple and we know that he is not related to Young Fleet. We have learned that Merry lords it over Beezer.

This coat waits for us on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge of cyberspace. Let us enjoy our edible bouquets of carrots, apples and molasses treats, raise a glass of flat diet Coke (which, as we all know, is the only drink served at horse show concession stands) and speak in hush tones of what we have created.

For it is a work of greatness. And we, as founding members of the California clique, should be proud.

Now please ... since I have hunted through my endless (and I do mean ENDLESS) closets of clothes for something appropriate to wear to this thing, do take notice of my sweater -- purchased in England -- and its lovely hunt scene pattern. I have matched it with a classy tweed skirt and sensible flats. Tasteful gold earrings, bracelet and a lovely pendant engraved with a portrait of the original Beezer complete the ensemble.

Sigh. Who gave Merry a drink?? Merry, dear, do get off the table. And do put your cashmere sweater back on. Parading around in your purple sports bra is inappropriate for the occasion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

I knew her!!! We went to Scripps College together (she was two years later than me) and lived in the same dorm. She accompanied me when we went to Cynthia Campbell's barn to visit my Maggie...who we had sold back to Cynthia after I went to college.

I just looked her up in my alumnae directory - She's married (now Pritzlaff), living in Castle Rock, CO and owns a sporting goods store.

We lost touch after college and I had completely forgotten about her - thanks for jogging my memory! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Coreene is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Now it's time
    to say goodbye
    to the "Question for Mer-ry
    G-o-o-d
    b-y-e
    But who KNOWS what happened to Kimmie!

Thanks, girls. This one has been a blast, but it's time for retirement.

Thread?

DEAD.

PS: Just hit the "Close thead" thing and it says I can't -now shooting emails to the administrators to ask them to do so. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Is this a five star thread? "NO", shout we-all. "It is a 10 star thread."

But, five is as high as they go. Unfortunately, my efforts at having this thread die with the five star dignity that it deserves have gone for naught.

I say we petition the administrator to give this thread the 5th star it so richly deserves. Over 700 posts -- all in friendship. No meanness (unless you happen to be M.C. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) Not one administrator admonishment! Truly a top o the line five star-er if there ever was one.

FIVE, FIVE, WE WANT FIVE!
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Regarding Emmett Kelley, the horse: Okay, shoot me if I'm wrong, but Diane Grod rode a horse named Emmet Kelley about the same time she rode a horse named Willie Nelson, and THAT Emmett Kelley was a dark, dappled bay with white... wasn't it???

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be on the other thread... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

by Merry, no less, to close this thread...

So I am doing it. If anyone wants a copy for posterity, I will make an =Adobe Acrobat file of it when I get back to the States, so write me in April...

Do you really want it closed, Merry??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!