The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Jair posted his very nice "philosophical thoughts" thread (not to be confused with "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" from SNL), and several people agreed people may be feeling a bit testy due to Winter having set in and Spring being a good ways away. There's only one good cure for that, and it's a Party on the Porch! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So we'll get BossHoss out of the tub, move the ponies out of the kitchen, get the fluffy dogs out of the rockers, and have HuntJumpSC fire up the still. We can unwrap the Christmas lights from HSM, start making baleing twine and duct tape decorations, and maybe even invite the Stair Sitters up for a quick taste of brew. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Now Kellybird -- I said a taste, not a guzzle!

Kachoo, where are you? Oh, that's right -- Malaysia. But, c'mon the rest of you Canadians! You know how to have a good virtual party!
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Portia is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Jair posted his very nice "philosophical thoughts" thread (not to be confused with "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" from SNL), and several people agreed people may be feeling a bit testy due to Winter having set in and Spring being a good ways away. There's only one good cure for that, and it's a Party on the Porch! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So we'll get BossHoss out of the tub, move the ponies out of the kitchen, get the fluffy dogs out of the rockers, and have HuntJumpSC fire up the still. We can unwrap the Christmas lights from HSM, start making baleing twine and duct tape decorations, and maybe even invite the Stair Sitters up for a quick taste of brew. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Now Kellybird -- I said a taste, not a guzzle!

Kachoo, where are you? Oh, that's right -- Malaysia. But, c'mon the rest of you Canadians! You know how to have a good virtual party!
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Hey Portia, I'm 16. When would one qualify as a porch sitter, hmmm? Sounds like fun up there!

*~Erin~*

"The porch" reminds me of the olden days on the equisearch board!! I know there are some of you who know what I mean.....Suz....????LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Prove it....Otherwise, you're just coming off as a whackjob.
    Founding member of the "Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine" Clique

Original Poster

Sparkles, that's exactly what this is -- its the COTH Annex of the old Esearch Porch. We rebuilt it a few months ago after Esearch crashed and changed. We haven't used it much recently, but it's about time to kick it back up.

ErinB, at 16 you qualify as a Stair Sitter, I think. You'll have to check with Jo, Kellybird, Reagalmeans, and Becca -- they pretty much control the stairs. To get a rocker on the Porch you have to be muuccchhhh ooolldeeer.

Like heidi, or Colin, or Jair, or Robby Johnson. They're old enough for the Porch. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

JB, drop the dog and get the pink pills away from Boss Hoss!

I was on E-search, too... that's why I'm not in a huge state of confusion, lol!

Portia- Darnit! Well can my horse sit on the porch? She's about 33 in people years. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*~Erin~*

Well, dang it Portia, move over and let me sit down. I'm cranky and crabby, but I think a good deep swig of whatever brew is being served might just cheer me up just fine. I have my fuzzy socks on and brought along the quilt that my aunt made many years ago, to wrap up in, so I'm all ready to settle in and "set a spell."
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Original Poster

Sorry Erin, the only horses that get on the Porch are the real retirees, like Cougar 2's Wubs. Louise's horses can come on the Porch, too, since they're both retired.

Louise, pull up a dog to warm your feet, lend us a kitten to warm our hands, and have a swig of Cider to warm the insides. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Then tell us some cute kitten stories. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'll bring the kittens along, for sure. Betsy would just love to warm your hands, and she'll be glad to lick them raw at the same time. Marissa dun't much cotton to laps, but she will be glad to play egyptian statue and pretty up the place.

Actually, they have been pretty good kitties. Three weeks now, and not one thing destroyed or even damaged. Pretty good, huh? Jaime Lynn did a good job of raising them.

A good party is always a good thing! And quite frankly, I'm joining Louise. I'm in those lovely winter doldrums. Sick of School, sick of snow, sick of winter, and i miss my pony-pies dreadfully. So I'm all for clambering up those stairs again- I need it!

AND- Luckily for all you elite stair-dwellers, and the less fortunate lawners (though still feel your immense priviledge by merely being allowed to attend such a faboo party just on the lawn!) I have brought some lovely Diet Coke (essential) and the Hot Chocolate is cooking (yes, we even have marshmallows) Sarah, I believe you are responsible for the cookies. Kelkel, you get the after dinner mints, and Jo, I believe you will have the flatware.

So have no fear, even though we are still too linber and youthful to be on the covetted porch rocking chairs, we'll enjoy ourselves, even if we are looking through the window frames like sad begger children..and we all know I sometimes sneak up and pretend to be a little dog in the corner and Portia sneaks me some of that great Porch food every now and again..if ya'll are nice, I might even share..

I have a big bag of potato chips I could share....

Erin, I turn 16 on Wednesday...So we can chill together on the steps!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Prove it....Otherwise, you're just coming off as a whackjob.
    Founding member of the "Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine" Clique

I am still claiming my top step on the porch....

I think that we will definatly take up the offer for some alcohal.....what about the vodka? or did me and Kelsey already steal all of it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I think not! tut-tut. The only Alcohol we ever touch is when we eat the worm from the bottom of the tequilla bottle!

And YOUR [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Top stair?? I think not, darling!!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I think that me, Clemsonrider and someone else were on the top step...then Kelsey, ErinB and Sarah on the second....

Remember you claimed the bottom one so you could help control the lawn kids.....

I looked it up.....Me Jaded Erin on top step, kelsey Sarah and CLemson rider on second.....you were the one who wanted to sit by the lawn dogs.... Remember how me and Jaded promised to make IDs for everyone so we could drink!

::::jumps up to get a goat out of HuntJumpSC's still::::::

[B] POOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAA!!!!!!
    [B]

(yes, Becca is whining now!!) Where are you to defend my claim?? *gasp*

Louise?? Duffy? SoEasy? DMK? Hattie? (I'm becoming mildly panicky by now..) Anyone out there?? You guys know my claim!!

(my oh my, Becca has had a rotton day and she has resorted to whining...its a sad sad day)

Could it be that I actually was generous enough to watch over the dogs? That just doesn't ring true as a Beccaism.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ummmm.....yeah not all of us have reached "beccadom" but as I recall this was the Chronicle porch....or did you just move the esaerch board here.....either way I am sure we can make room for one more.

Sorry guys, I think that the top step is big enough for all who DESERVE to be there. Hmmm, now, who has done something nice for me lately?

Sparkles101, sounds good to me! All you younger steplings, scoot please. The older ones sit nearest to the porch so we can listen in on the conversations above. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Which is exactly why the youngers sit near the bottom. Some things you just don't need to hear yet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Justbay- Goody, 'cause I have dip. Haha. What else are we missing...?

Sandstone, I see you sneaking off with that. Tsk tsk.

*~Erin~*