The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Colin, Can I join the AWB Association?
    My boy is really cute...very much like you've described your own, except for the color....smutty sooty buckskin...sometimes silver, sometimes brown, depending on the season!
    And btw, he will be started at age four because of an injury at 9 mos! Actually, I personally like them started at four anyway, but that's my NC Hick ideas comming up again!

ERIN! Why did you have to delete that tack noseband thread?! I was looking so forward to reading it...to take a walk down memory lane, when I had NO CLUE about Colin! Man, that thread was something else!

You can't PROVE it has Morgan in it, right??? So therefore it's a full fledged NAW!

We're still debating the Appaloosa issue. If yours has a tail, I think we will probably let it "in".

To become a NAW registered horse, the animal must be "presented" before the founders. We will evaluate it's breeding, rideability, and several other factors to determine whether it can be registered or not.

Having jumped a 2'6" fence before the age of 4 is a requirement.

The rules will be posted in full early next week, after the NAWA founders have met to discuss the specific requirements.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pacificsolo:
    Colin, Can I join the AWB Association?
    My boy is really cute...very much like you've described your own, except for the color....smutty sooty buckskin...sometimes silver, sometimes brown, depending on the season!
    And btw, he will be started at age four because of an injury at 9 mos! Actually, I personally like them started at four anyway, but that's my NC Hick ideas comming up again!

ERIN! Why did you have to delete that tack noseband thread?! I was looking so forward to reading it...to take a walk down memory lane, when I had NO CLUE about Colin! Man, that thread was something else!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks promising, Pacifico. The injury is good enough cause for not starting him sooner! The color sounds PERFECT for the NAWA.

How big? Any "guesses" as to his breeding? Does he trail ride? Can you ride him bareback with a halter?

Well, Colin, I believe he is a solid 15.1, going on 15.2. He is of Quarter horse and TB decent, though I believe something else might be in there too. He has only been backed twice, and that was by me in a pasture full of other youngsters and without a halter! He did fine, and had he been a bit more alive, I imagine a good run might have been had [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    He will be trail ridden...extensively! And I promise to jump him as soon as possible!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve:
    how much does it cost to join such a great orginazation like this one?

steve
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The cost is not prohibitive; however, beware the initiation rites...

Sorry about that- I guess I got a little carried away there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] It just makes me mad when I see a perfectly nice horse who is dead lame at the age of 10. But since you are talking about NAWs, I mean, it shouldn't be a problem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] BTW Morgans rule!!!!
    All I wanted was a white knight, with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse!

Sorry about that, I guess I got a bit carried away there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] It just makes me mad to see a perfectly nice horse dead lame by the age of 10. But since you are talking about NAWs, I guess that won't happen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] BTW Morgans rule!!!!!!!
    All I wanted was a white knight, with a good heart, soft touch, fast horse!

We jumped my Morgan pony at 3 months old do you think he will be dead lame at age 1? He is a super jumper at 3 months he can jump anything including a 3 foot wall in my back yard. Maybe VA trainer will read this and tell me if she thinks I should use a chain nose band?

[This message has been edited by PocoMary (edited 11-23-2000).]

Hey, can Kudos be a NAWPony? He is Welsh/QH/something else cross [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

He seems to fit the qualifications!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by hats off (edited 11-23-2000).]

Middleburg, VA USA via Turks & Caicos Islands, Caribbean

Can my Ahkal/Teke TB cross join NAW?? She is a very shiny golden bay (buckskin) and floats at the trot!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash44:
    Training Level Eventer, great photo! Looks like a blast! And wonderful example of an AR!

Jair - the Germans ADMIT they start their horses on joint supplements at a young age! Wonder why?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you! (on both accounts) Those 100day stallions don't NEED to stay jumping sound for the long haul (sure they get to jump big fences, then they're retired to stud). Again, why ask for opinions if you are going to do what you want anyway.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PocoMary:
    We jumped my Morgan pony at 3 months old do you think he will be dead lame at age 1? He is a super jumper at 3 months he can jump anything including a 3 foot wall in my back yard. Maybe VA trainer will read this and tell me if she thinks I should use a chain nose band?

[This message has been edited by PocoMary (edited 11-23-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent!!!! We may have to rethink the Morgan issue.....hummmm.....sounds like exceptional prospects for the NAWA!

Speaking for VA Trainer....I would not suggest a chain noseband quite yet... may be something to "look forward to" in the future??

BTW - my NAW hopped over a 2' vertical yesterday in his lesson....he was very cute...but got bored after the 5th time trotting it...and decided he was "done"! LOL! 3-4 times a month, trotting 1 1/2'-2' verticals won't hurt him....it actually makes his rides more interesting!

Look forward to the NAWA rulebook to be posted next week!

I free-schooled this yearling last night (over poles on the ground) and she jumped them like they were 3'. She can't be registered as anything but NAW. Please consider her and send me an application. I have sooo many people tell me she's chestnut (with black pionts/mane/tail?). My father is convinced she's a dun---dorsal stripe... She's 3/4 TB and the other 1/4 isssss DWB!!! Hope that doesn't cast her out on the streets-she needs to belong somewhere!!!
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...796&p=31852839

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaime Lynn:
    I free-schooled this yearling last night (over poles on the ground) and she jumped them like they were 3'. She can't be registered as anything but NAW. Please consider her and send me an application. I have sooo many people tell me she's chestnut (with black pionts/mane/tail?). My father is convinced she's a dun---dorsal stripe... She's 3/4 TB and the other 1/4 isssss DWB!!! Hope that doesn't cast her out on the streets-she needs to belong somewhere!!!
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...796&p=31852839
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXCELLENT Candidate for NAWA!!!! Free schooling yearlings!!! And my, that is a BIG yearling!!!

Yes, we will send you the application....what a PRIME SPECIMEN for our club!

Does size matter??? Is there a size limit? Should I be feeding her coffee in her mash to control her size??? Her full TB, 1/2 sister (same daddy), is bigger, but is already registered TB so she can't be an NAWA...

Jamie, as the owner of the horse who is #1 in the NAW registry, I feel qualified to answer your question. Size does matter, but there is a broad range of acceptable sizes for the NAW. If your horse meets the other qualifications, size will not be a problem... Of course the founding members are still working on the rules [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:
    Excellent!!!! We may have to rethink the Morgan issue.....hummmm.....sounds like exceptional prospects for the NAWA!

Look forward to the NAWA rulebook to be posted next week!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you show Morgans too Colin? Do you have any pictures from costume classes you've been in?

ALERT - ERIN - ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!!

SEA URCHIN IS HOMER!!!! I SWEAR!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM!!!!!!! HURRY!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

SEA URCHIN IS HOMER!!!! I SWEAR!!!!!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspected this all along!!!

Go home to Marge, Homer....and start planning your winter freezing in Charlottesville!