The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default For the cognitively challenged rider- rider screw ups..

Man i feel so bad for my horse. We were in a schooling show yesterday and one class entailed two courses and a flat class. Ribbons for overall. My mare got 1st on the 1st course, and 2nd under saddle. BUT on the second course, her middle aged mother had a total brain fart and lost memory for the course (we missed the third jump and probably jumped a jump we weren't supposed to but did the rest of the course). So we were a DNM (did not matter) in that one. We ended up 4th overall but I think we would have gotten 1st or 2nd otherwise. Geez it so sucks to be middle aged with an un-sharp mind. We did get all the other courses right- but I failed my girl in that class : ( Aw shucks. Sorry Angel.

She'll forgive you!! Give her another treat and promise to study the course better the next time!!
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

The beauty is she doesn't know you screwed up the course. She just knows she had a fun day out and about with you.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Yes that's true. There were two fences along the rail and the third one was at a diagonal immediately after them. I think I turned too sharp and didn't even see the third fence. A later course had was the same and we did that one OK. Live and learn. Horsey got carrots so she is just fine about it all! I'm just a little disappointed in me.... but those things happen.

I apologize to my horses profusely after most shows. If they could only get a good ride I am sure they'd clean up everywhere they go Sucks for them that the middle aged re-rider got a hold of them!