The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you maybe split the dose? Give him 0.25mg in the morning feed and then 0.25mg in the evening feed. Do that for a week then up to 0.50 in the morning with 0.25 at night for a week, until you get him at the dose you need.

Houston TX

Thanks all help.

Researching I found this:

At the end under Dosages - a mention that some (I guess just a few) horses and ponies can be controlled with .25 .50 mg/day Perg.

Also: Under Basal tests:

Interesting that the ACTH (control) reference range they use 18.68 +/- 6.79 pg/ml is the same as the one that TAMU uses - where my horse was 84 in Sept.

What I don't understand are the numbers listed for the ECD horses
    199.18 +/-182.82 and 206.2 +/-319.56. ???
    Can anyone explain?

Also I have some photos taken last April of my horse on Facebook I don't know how to direct anyone there that is interested in looking at them.

He had shed out a lot by then - and even moreso later when his neck went almost bald. It all grew back and then some mid summer. Not like a winter coat - just a bit too long for summer.

I will try to get photos of how he looks now. I am a computer dumb-dumb and that I figured out how to transfer photos to Facebook is a mystery to me. Anyway, now my horse has a long winter coat, hairy/feathery legs - and the hair on his face/forehead is even longer than it should be.

Thanks again all!
    Last edited by grayarabs; Dec. 3, 2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: edit