The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

I hope this will be an interesting sequel to the Jeopard and Double Jeopardy threads.

Ever wonder what happened to that famous junior rider or professional that used to win EVERYTHING and then dropped off the face of the earth? Maybe he or she is still riding somewhere in some godforesaken corner of the world (like Utah [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ).

Please identify where they are and what they're doing, if you know. I'll start:

Debra Baldi

Genie Grigsby

Frank and Joann Houston

Scott Nederlander

Joe Bradner

I hope this will be an interesting sequel to the Jeopard and Double Jeopardy threads.

Ever wonder what happened to that famous junior rider or professional that used to win EVERYTHING and then dropped off the face of the earth? Maybe he or she is still riding somewhere in some godforesaken corner of the world (like Utah [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ).

Please identify where they are and what they're doing, if you know. I'll start:

Debra Baldi

Genie Grigsby

Frank and Joann Houston

Scott Nederlander

Joe Bradner

Debra Baldi is married to Doug Matz (Michael's brother)

Great topic.

Whatever happened to the Horner girls from Atlanta?

Pam Turbow?
    Meg Milone?

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MargaretF:
    Pam Turbow? Now Pam Rush (John's wife), judges some
    Meg Milone? now Meg Rhodes, still lives in Keswick, does some young horses, was at the VHSA Associate show.

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PA horselvr:
    Debra Baldi is married to Doug Matz (Michael's brother)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alex, I am treading on your turf here by putting up a new name, sorry ... I also may be showing my complete ignorance because perhaps she's married and is still prominent in the horse world under another last name ...

(Oh for heaven's sake, just post it, FG!!!)

Kim Rachuba (sp????) who had the lovely Whadyasay?

Please - you are NOT treading on my turf! I hoped this would be an ongoing thread where others would submit names as well.

Some more:

Joe Quattrochi

Terry Thorn

Kim Rachuba (Williams?) has a barn in Md. I think, where she still teaches and trains.

Kim Rachuba is Kim Williams, I believe she's trainer at Willow Wood in MD. Didn't the Firestones retire Whadyasay?

Joseph Quattrochi, that's a name from the past! He had Wilde April, and some ponies too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MargaretF:

Joseph Quattrochi, that's a name from the past! He had Wilde April, and some ponies too.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, MargaretF, you've been sipping alternative beverages with disreputable jumper riders from Md. too long, it was Wylde April, and Chardonnay, or course! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

Kate Chope
    (Just finished reading National to National, A Year on the Show Jumping Circuit and must admit that that name doesn't ring a current bell for me)

Alex, is the Terry Thorn you're referring to originally from Oregon? I competed against one who was successful in both jumping and eventing, and was chosen to participate in a USET trial at Gladstone of riders across the country, back in the 70's. If it is the same person, I always wondered what happened to him??
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

My best laugh of the day so far, I thought it said "Horny Girls."
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Coreene, but all us girls from back then were horny girls!!!!

Kate Chope is a vet now. I think I read that she had in the past, or just did judge the New England Eq. finals? It was in the most recent Chronicle.

No, the Terry Thorn I'm referring to worked for Jimmy Cantwell, Barbara Camp, and others, after a successful jr. career in Va.

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

Thanks for that update, Margaret. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks as well, Alex. I still wonder what happened to the West Coast Terry Thorn?

[This message was edited by dublin on May. 17, 2002 at 01:18 PM.]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

I'm not sure about both of them but I know that Helen is married, has two children, trains, and foxhunts. Her husband is a small animal vet and also foxhunts. I'm not sure if Helen shows but she still rides as well as ever!

Not sure about her sister... but I think I heard that she's still showing???

kd welden, thanks for the update on Helen. Where is she living? Those 2 ladies were some of the top junior riders of their day. Seems like they had a HOTY one year. Anyone remember which horse?

Helen, Fire Escape

Margaret, Imari

Sorry, I couldn't resist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]